Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2018, 09:49 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Any 25V owners yet?

Whether Chateaeu or Four Winds, any 25V Class C owners or users/renters out there?

It’s been almost a year since Jamie made the following prediction, and I haven’t seen much on the 25V which closely resembles the popular Axis/Vegas 24.1.

A Google search hasn’t revealed much from owners or independent testers.. I’m curious about Cargo Carrying Capacity since it’s built on E-350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Well the 25V is a brand new floorplan this year. Unlikely you'll find anyone that has one yet.

Its very similar to the floorplan on our Axis 24.1.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:41 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #13098
We have had a 24F for about a month with with two camping trips under our belt (got a 5 dayer coming up in mid-November). Only one problem has surfaced and it is a minor one in our opinion. There is a very slight leak occurring where the toilet bowl meets the floor (we are schduled at CW to get this remedied). Other than that we find the 24F to be, so far, just right for us. As previously mentioned, the full side slide give you awesome room, the inside/outside storage is huge. The ride is very comfortable and the V10 is a torque monster with decent gas mileage! I did upgrade the Axxera system with the latest software (the USB port for this is right on the radio face, no searching for it) that allows the screen to go from backup camera to side camera and back to backup camera when switching lanes. Sure more problems could surface but so far so good, everything works as it should.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:57 PM   #23

THOR #2121
I’m mostly curious about the 25V because it’s very similar to the Axis 24.1 (which I followed closely for a while) but in a Class C instead of a Class A design. The 25V ends up about a foot longer, and is one of the very few Ford motorhomes on a 176” wheelbase chassis (wheelbase is a foot shorter than Axis 24.1), so rear overhang is about 2-feet longer.

This difference should place more weight on the rear axle, and since the E-350 has a lower rear capacity, there’s greater chance for overloading. The longer rear may affect handling in cross winds a bit also.

Other than that, the 25V Class C is a bit more “old school” than the 24.1 Class A, but is priced significantly lower. MSRP is $24,150 lower; although some options are standard on Axis. To some degree it’s comparing apples and oranges, but a Class C has design features I like over a Class A.

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone here has purchased one and whether they have put it on a scale.

P.S. — The 25V has a dinette which we like better due to 2 forward-facing seats.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:45 PM   #24
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I’m mostly curious about the 25V because it’s very similar to the Axis 24.1 (which I followed closely for a while) but in a Class C instead of a Class A design. The 25V ends up about a foot longer, and is one of the very few Ford motorhomes on a 176” wheelbase chassis (wheelbase is a foot shorter than Axis 24.1), so rear overhang is about 2-feet longer.

This difference should place more weight on the rear axle, and since the E-350 has a lower rear capacity, there’s greater chance for overloading. The longer rear may affect handling in cross winds a bit also.

Other than that, the 25V Class C is a bit more “old school” than the 24.1 Class A, but is priced significantly lower. MSRP is $24,150 lower; although some options are standard on Axis. To some degree it’s comparing apples and oranges, but a Class C has design features I like over a Class A.

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone here has purchased one and whether they have put it on a scale.

P.S. — The 25V has a dinette which we like better due to 2 forward-facing seats.
According to the Thor website you can also get the 25V on a Chevy chassis which has 2,000 lbs more capacity than the Ford E-350 version.
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/chateau/floor-plans/25V
Although searching around I only find the Ford version on dealer lots.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:03 PM   #25

THOR #2121
Thanks Jamie — the Chevy chassis option sounds interesting. Thor offers the Chevy Express 4500 with a 14,200 pound GVWR, but uses the Ford E-350 instead of E-450 for the 25V, so GVWR for Ford is only 12,500 pounds.

I like the cab of the Ford better, but expect the Chevy small block V8 may be smoother, quieter, and more fuel efficient than the Ford V10. I’ve only driven a rental Chevy Cutaway van chassis that was a moving truck (from the Carolinas to Tampa) and I thought the engine was smoother than my V10s. While I like that my latest V10 has lasted 185,000 miles, it lacks refinement. A little less noise and vibration would be nice.

I’ll take a look at 25V when I get a chance. I’m also interested to see if frame/wheelbase has been stretched.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:11 AM   #26

Model: 24HE
State: Florida
THOR #10225
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustoner View Post
We have had a 24F for about a month with with two camping trips under our belt (got a 5 dayer coming up in mid-November). Only one problem has surfaced and it is a minor one in our opinion. There is a very slight leak occurring where the toilet bowl meets the floor (we are schduled at CW to get this remedied). Other than that we find the 24F to be, so far, just right for us. As previously mentioned, the full side slide give you awesome room, the inside/outside storage is huge. The ride is very comfortable and the V10 is a torque monster with decent gas mileage! I did upgrade the Axxera system with the latest software (the USB port for this is right on the radio face, no searching for it) that allows the screen to go from backup camera to side camera and back to backup camera when switching lanes. Sure more problems could surface but so far so good, everything works as it should.
We have the Freedom Elite 24HE. I believe it's the same motorhome. If so, you'll want to check the bottom of the short walls that stick out just rear of the cab. Many owners have found that the plywood cores are delaminating inside those walls. Our MH is just a year old and about 6" on the bottom of one of those has Delaminated.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:32 AM   #27

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #13098
Thanks, Emmett, for the heads up...I will keep an eye on it
Old 09-11-2020, 02:04 PM   #28

Model: 31W
State: Virginia
THOR #9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett View Post
We have the Freedom Elite 24HE. I believe it's the same motorhome. If so, you'll want to check the bottom of the short walls that stick out just rear of the cab. Many owners have found that the plywood cores are delaminating inside those walls. Our MH is just a year old and about 6" on the bottom of one of those has Delaminated.

I have a 31w doing the same, I’m going to have to cut and replace the plywood behind the panel, about 7 to eight inches up. And the shop is going to fabricate a u shaped channel to replace the L shaped one...grrr poor design
Old 03-02-2021, 01:40 AM   #29

State: North Carolina
THOR #15197
I'm thinking of trading my 2011 41' DP for a 2020 Four Winds 31W this week. Are you referring to the partial walls that hold up the forward bunk? Not to change the subject but, how does the 31W ride in the wind or passing larger trucks?
Old 03-06-2021, 06:41 PM   #30

Model: 31y
State: South Carolina
THOR #21394
We have a 2020 31y for one year now.
Very happy with quality and ride.
Lots of bells and whistles, and storage in and out is awesome.
Put about 8,000 miles on it first year.
Bought with 1,000 miles on it for half of sticker price.
It is a truck though.
Took about 4-5 weekend trips to get used to it.
Now it's easy going down the road.
Used to pull 36ft Outback travel trailer with a Ram.
Feels more like my truck than a camper.
V10 is a good match.
Enough torque to merge and regain speed on any incline.
12mpg driving nice, 10mpg if above 75mph.
Can suck some gas going up the NC mountains at those speeds.
My wife drives it on the way to state parks on Friday mornings while I finish up work.
I'd drive it anywhere.
Some movement with semis on the highway, but nothing like the trailer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200403_182557.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	28938Click image for larger version

Name:	20200215_164842.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	28939
Old 03-06-2021, 08:52 PM   #31

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Wonderful, positive note. Glad you’re enjoying your new rig and I hope your expel will encourage others.