Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
Four Winds 24F - 2017 models

I have a 2017 FW 24F and I believe this was the first year for this coach. Does anyone else’s have one? I would like to compare notes.

I have the drawings and over the past 18 months have crawled everywhere in and outside the coach. Given that, I think I am missing a few standard features and have a “assembly issue”. First, there is only one set of lights over the dinette under the storage cabinets. The second set on the slide ceiling are missing so we eat in the dark. Second, one of the bedroom lights is installed outside the bedroom and in the main area - when we have the curtain pulled and turn the bedroom lights on it lights up the whole place. Third, right side cargo bays are missing lights. Fourth, the sewer termination is two separate valves instead of a standard 1.5x3. I have to reach under the coach about a foot and forward a foot to open the grey water valve. Not fun in the rain.

Before I contact Thor I’d like to know if other owners are missing these items. BTW we went to LazyDays RV in Tampa yesterday and looked at a 2019 24F and everything above was there.

Thanks, Jim

Old 01-11-2019, 10:03 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #13098
We have a 2018 24F, and for what it is worth we have plenty of lighting every where we need it......sometimes I think too much lighting....under the dinette cabinets....on the ceiling over the dinette......then there is all of the kitchen and cabin lighting........plus the step lighting .....the bedroom lighting is confined to the bedroom.....on the up side there are plenty of switches to control the lighting......btw we have LED lighting in all of the outside storage areas....and then as far as the double valving on the black water tank, I was told that it was to prevent the pipe between the two valves, that runs the width of the unit, from carrying the weight of black water as you go down the road, meaning that when you are finished draining the black tank, shut off the valve closest to the tank first and then the other.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:50 PM   #3

THOR #9511
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0349.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	15031. I have the two black valves as well. But at the termination my grey and black are separated and not together The grey is under the coach.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:28 AM   #4

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Arizona
THOR #13228
We have the 2017 Chateau 24F. No lights in the right side storage cabs. Our dinette has cabinets in the slide and lights with a switch below them. Main coach is filled with lights and bedroom curtain contains all the bedroom lights. We have a standard 1.5x3 gray & black waste connection that is very low, much to my dismay. Your pic is difficult to see where your gray water dumps. Yes the dual black water valves keep the solids from dropping down into the drain line and causing a blockage.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:25 PM   #5

THOR #9511

Name:	IMG_5993.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	15044

Valves at a different angle. One at the rear is black, one in the foreground is gray.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:30 AM   #6

THOR #9511
All good

Finally had a few nice days to "fix" my coach termination. No longer need to crawl under coach to empty gray water. Took about an hour and $45.00 to put on a dual termination valve - now it is according to the Thor drawings and not "whatever parts" we on hand.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	valve.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	16553  
Old 04-08-2019, 09:20 PM   #7

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Is it just optical illusion or is that valve waiting for the first road hazard to remove itself?
Old 04-08-2019, 10:53 PM   #8

THOR #9511
Nah, wrong photo - that was before I adjusted the valve. Here is the right pix. Sorry
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	valve2 copy.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	16571  
Old 04-09-2019, 04:26 AM   #9

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Arizona
THOR #13228
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12 View Post
Nah, wrong photo - that was before I adjusted the valve. Here is the right pix. Sorry
Yeah, pretty much as ours is.

We first saw the 24F when it came out and loved the floor plan and space. Saw a year old 24F in a show and broke all our rules by buying on the spot. My only issue is the regularly failing backup camera. Presently always showing "NO SIGNAL".
Old 04-09-2019, 04:47 AM   #10

State: Colorado
THOR #6286
Did you try switching power to “store” and back on? I have a chateau 23u with similar features. On one of my trips the camera went out and after a lot of searching l came across that trick. It’s only happened a couple times since but the off/on seems to always take care of the glitch. Safe travels [emoji106]