Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2015, 12:12 AM   #21
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by rackman
I just discovered our bathroom sink drains into our black tank UGH!!!!
Before you go trodding off to the dealer complaining about this: It is by design. It is very common for the bathroom sink to be plumbed to the black tank (It is that way on our Axis and it is on the blue-prints for the waste system I obtained from Thor).

There has been a lot of speculation for the reason why this is so; I don't think there was a consensus here for the reason (some think that it is to add extra water to the black tank to make it easier to flush).

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:58 AM   #22

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #1226
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivejackie View Post
My front windows make a loud whistle starting a 40 mph and gets louder with speed. the 2115 Hurricane is in for warranty service. They taped up the 2 windows and tested it. The problem is with the rubber window seals. They are waiting for parts from Thor and will reinstall the front 2 windows.
Thor told the dealer to put sealant around the top of the windshield. That should be good enough to last it past warranty.

2015 Hurricane 27K
2013 Redhawk
1988 Pace Arrow
fivejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:05 AM   #23

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
THOR #1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Before you go trodding off to the dealer complaining about this: It is by design. It is very common for the bathroom sink to be plumbed to the black tank (It is that way on our Axis and it is on the blue-prints for the waste system I obtained from Thor).

There has been a lot of speculation for the reason why this is so; I don't think there was a consensus here for the reason (some think that it is to add extra water to the black tank to make it easier to flush).
We have a Hurricane bath & 1/2 and the mid bathroom toilet is plumbed to the mid grey tank also. The black tank is only connected to the master bath toilet. We actually love that set up because so far my wife and I only take short weekend trips, so we only use the mid toilet, and keep that grey tank closed until time to check out. That way I have a plenty full tank with grey and black mixed ...so i will get a good dump. If we used the toilet that goes into the black tank, with only a few days use, I don't think we would get a good dump...and then the dreaded pyramid effect starts to grow
San Antonio, Tx
Tytlfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #24

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Many bathroom sinks do drain into the black. I like this as it lets me know to flush the black - hate it when the toilet burps dirty water at me cause it is full.

And the frameless window seals were blocked in my Hurricane the day I picked it up and I had the tech open them up as the water was literally pouring in the couch on the floor during a heavy rain.

I agree the one vent sucks! That is why I vented the microwave range hood combo to the outside - really helps.
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:11 PM   #25

THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytlfamily View Post
.......so i will get a good dump. If we used the toilet that goes into the black tank, with only a few days use, I don't think we would get a good dump...and then the dreaded pyramid effect starts to grow
Sounds like you have NO trouble with a good dump, or dumping a good dump, or the good dump of a dump.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:33 PM   #26

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #1393
What model Thor do you have rackman? Might explain why my black water tank seems to fill up too quickly..
Old 07-07-2015, 09:58 PM   #27

Model: 37GT
State: Iowa
THOR #2284
my brand new challenger is back in the shop with a broken window. 3 to 4 weeks to get new in. I leave on vacation in 3 weeks. They dont care. I do have 300 miles on it. it must be worn out
Old 07-07-2015, 10:06 PM   #28
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by john staub View Post
my brand new challenger is back in the shop with a broken window. 3 to 4 weeks to get new in. I leave on vacation in 3 weeks. They dont care. I do have 300 miles on it. it must be worn out
John

Any idea how the window broke? Did the glass break or is it a mechanical failure?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:07 PM   #29

THOR #2284
Driving down the road on the way to the dealer to get my punch list finished, and I thought something fell off the counter. The window just shattered. Of course I hade to find 4 people to push in my slide since it would not work after a week of camping on Sunday. I do have 300 miles on it. Iv had it 3 weeks and I wish I would have bought a used one.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:45 PM   #30

THOR #937
Quote:
Driving down the road on the way to the dealer to get my punch list finished, and I thought something fell off the counter. The window just shattered. Of course I hade to find 4 people to push in my slide since it would not work after a week of camping on Sunday. I do have 300 miles on it. Iv had it 3 weeks and I wish I would have bought a used one.
Were you driving with a frameless window open? They are not designed to be used open while in transit, (just like the old jalousie windows of decades past).

However, I do not think that tiny detail is noted in the manual, (or anywhere else for that matter).
Old 07-08-2015, 11:18 PM   #31
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
When I was in Charleston, SC earlier this year my passenger's side slide got stuck partially extended and after talking to Thor they authorized a mobile tech. Turns out Thor forgot to install a bulb seal which serves as a wire chase and as a result the wire wiggled itself loose from the motor. After I got home Thor sent me the bulb seal and I installed it myself.

The first yay hoo I talked to wanted me to drive it down the road with the slide extended. I hung up on him and called back and talked to someone that had some gray matter between their ears.
FMCA - F432054
Old 07-08-2015, 11:22 PM   #32

THOR #2284
I had my windows closed. I have a 37gt. It was the large picture window above the windows that open that broke. I was tol that there is not a problem driving with windows open. They are frameless

My slide moter fell apart and I was told by the dealer that they were not adjusted correctly. I told them that was there job on delivery to check things out. I think its more warrenty work they collect from
Old 07-08-2015, 11:30 PM   #33
Site Team

THOR #1469
One thing I do not like about the frameless windows is, in my opinion, they should not be open while driving. I can see where the wind pressure could get under the glass and rip it off the hinges. Also, opening the hinged windows could add 2 to 4 inches to the width of the coach. Again, my opinion and not supported by any known facts or complaints.
FMCA - F432054
Old 07-08-2015, 11:37 PM   #34

State: Virginia
THOR #2394
Windows

I have the Super C toy hauler and I like the windows but did have an issue with them rattling open. Screens are a bit painful. The worst is the one above the front seat in the bunk leaks. So I have to take it in ... Again.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:11 AM   #35

Model: Outlaw MD
THOR #1789
They do look nice, but there isn't much airflow.

I've also had a couple issues with the small wheels that push the windows open and closed, jumping out of the track. They are very difficult to get back in.

Rob
Old 07-09-2015, 02:40 PM   #36

Model: Challenger 35HT
State: Maryland
THOR #1875
I like the way they look, but like previously mentioned there is very little airflow. We haven't had any problems with ours so far.
2015 Thor Challenger 35HT
jrben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:22 PM   #37

Model: 2016 AXIS 24.1 RUV
THOR #2172
DW is not happy with the Frameless windows. They look nice but don't flow air thru worth a c**p. We are in the process of swapping out the window behind the sofa to the old style window where half of the window is an open screen (more airflow and better emergency egress). Next year some time we will swap out the windows in the back of the MH, too.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #38

Model: Chateau 35SK
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2366
I was told that the frameless windows are an upgrade and the reason why they are putting them on RV's is that the seal is protected from UV rays from the sun. Supposedly, the old style windows with the rubber automotive seal started to leak after several years due to the seal deteriorating from the sun.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:26 PM   #39

THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred g View Post
I was told that the frameless windows are an upgrade and the reason why they are putting them on RV's is that the seal is protected from UV rays from the sun. Supposedly, the old style windows with the rubber automotive seal started to leak after several years due to the seal deteriorating from the sun.
Now that's a salesman's spin!

The reality is that frameless windows just cost less overall. They contain less costly parts, much easier to manufacture the double pane insulated glass, less assembly complexity, easier and faster to install.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:12 PM   #40

Model: ACE 29.3
State: New Jersey
THOR #2080
Feel strongly both ways

I love that you can leave them open in the rain. I love the way they look. Mine are not noisy. I hate that they don't open more. Without the vent fans and an extra fan blowing in from the wider opening cockpit windows, it might get very uncomfortable.