Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2020, 01:11 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #20305
Freedom Elite 24FE switch

Hello. New 2020 Freedom Elite 24FE owner here. Can someone advise what the switch on the left just above the rotational battery on/off knob is for? There are two buttons. The one on the right turns on the awning light. The left doesn’t seem to do anything?

We are on our first trip and I’m baffled by this switch.

I thought the clear handle by the door outside might be lighted as there is no outside light, but unless this switch is supposed to turn it on and it is not working, then I’m off base with that guess.

Thank you all for any help with you can provide. I really appreciate it.

Old 09-11-2020, 02:55 AM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite 24HE (24F)
State: Michigan
THOR #17874
Hopefully you figured it out by now but it sounds like your switches are laid out a little differently than my '18 24HE on the Ford chassis.

On mine the switches above the use/store switch control the power awning (in/out) and step light which is a set of little accent lights in the entry stairwell and the step-up towards the back of the coach. Your Mercedes chassis doesn't have the step-up towards the back but there is probably a light for the entry step somewhere inside or outside. It's pretty dim so you might not notice it during the day.

The other set of switches to the right of the use/store switch control the main interior lights and the awning lights on mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_223641.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	26052  
Old 09-11-2020, 03:17 AM   #3

State: Tennessee
THOR #20305
Thank you for the response. I took the coach in for warranty service upon our return from the first trip and they advised me that that is supposed to control the interior lights. Obviously, there was something not working correctly and they are taking care of it now. Thank you so much for the response.

This forum is a great avenue for Information. Stay well everyone!