Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2023, 10:47 AM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Massachusetts
THOR #22385
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Read a lot about the Super C cap issues but nothing that I recall on a 28z

What year 28z and what issues are you having?
Can’t see any leaks visible water is ending up in bed in overhead it’s been leak tested sealed on 2 occasions. Also all seams sealed screws replaced ,They (dealer) created an access opening. Brought it home Monday. After 2 days of rain ,water accumulates in cab overhead put a paper towel to wick water checked after 48 hrs and it was sopping wet. Last October after heavy rain water poured out of saturated headliner while driving. I’m at the end of my rope . 90000.00 camper that leaks . HELP!!!

Old 02-24-2023, 10:48 AM   #22

THOR #22385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyd59 View Post
Can’t see any leaks visible water is ending up in bed in overhead it’s been leak tested sealed on 2 occasions. Also all seams sealed screws replaced ,They (dealer) created an access opening. Brought it home Monday. After 2 days of rain ,water accumulates in cab overhead put a paper towel to wick water checked after 48 hrs and it was sopping wet. Last October after heavy rain water poured out of saturated headliner while driving. I’m at the end of my rope . 90000.00 camper that leaks . HELP!!!
It’s a 2021
Old 02-24-2023, 01:00 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Those little clearance lights, even though it has a rubber grommet , may not be a tight seal. When I checked mine I found 2 of the 5 lights had rubber hard as a rock. One literally fell out in Mt hand. I glopped em good with Geocell Pro. Also if you have a little black magnetic Sirius XM antenna check there. The plate may be sealed, but there is a hole in the center allowing the wire to come through the plate. The antenna just pulls up. Upon doing this I saw water down in the hole. I stuck it back on and glopped it good with dicor.
Old 02-24-2023, 01:23 PM   #24

THOR #22385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Those little clearance lights, even though it has a rubber grommet , may not be a tight seal. When I checked mine I found 2 of the 5 lights had rubber hard as a rock. One literally fell out in Mt hand. I glopped em good with Geocell Pro. Also if you have a little black magnetic Sirius XM antenna check there. The plate may be sealed, but there is a hole in the center allowing the wire to come through the plate. The antenna just pulls up. Upon doing this I saw water down in the hole. I stuck it back on and glopped it good with dicor.
How did you access them( The light s ) I’m heading back to dealer for the 4th time now will suggest that .
Thanks for your help
Old 02-24-2023, 01:31 PM   #25

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
How did you access them( The light s ) I’m heading back to dealer for the 4th time now will suggest that .
Thanks for your help
Usually from the outside. Older ones would have screws for the lens then screws for the light base. New may have lens that clip on the base. You will need a ladder to check what you have. Often those light sit ins a little well which is perfect for trapping water and letting it/water in. Suggestion, don't just gob a bunch of sealant/caulk around it without knowing if that's an issue.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 01:38 PM   #26

Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjslifeline View Post
I have a 2018 Fourwinds 28z. Ours had a leak just above the drivers seat. Apparently there was missing sealant on an outside seem...
When we got our Hurriane, I was surprised how lil sealant Thor uses...
We came from Rockwoods campers and Rockwood is very generous when applying sealant but Thor seems to apply the very minimum necessary and sometimes not even that.
I keep an eye on it and I'm planning , when times come, to get rid of sealant and apply eternabond on the roof joints.
Unfortunately you cant apply that to windows of class C cab side joints...
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 06:50 PM   #27

THOR #22385
I received a call from Thor assuring me they will do whatever it takes to fix the leak .
Old 02-25-2023, 06:51 AM   #28

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Quote:
I received a call from Thor assuring me they will do whatever it takes to fix the leak .
That’s good to hear. Watch for mold, even if they get the leak fixed; if water was getting behind the paneling then you will get a mold problem.
Old 03-01-2023, 05:59 PM   #29

THOR #22385
Went to dealer today to check on progress they found an unsealed hole up on the awning bracket where the wires go in to the Rv behind bracket. They resealed with silicone hopefully it’s the problem. Stay tuned!
Old 03-02-2023, 04:44 AM   #30

THOR #6433
Quote:
Went to dealer today to check on progress they found an unsealed hole up on the awning bracket where the wires go in to the Rv behind bracket. They resealed with silicone hopefully it’s the problem. Stay tuned!
Good luck
Old 03-02-2023, 05:50 PM   #31
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
The night before we traded the Super C (this past Monday) while doing last minute cleaning I found water stains along the inside cab headliner over the passenger seat just forward of the side airbag. It had been leaking somewhere and I never knew it. We loved that coach but I am so glad to have it behind us. That huge cap was always the elephant in the room as it bounced up and down going down the road. BTW...the dealer never even stepped inside the unit when we got there. She said..."just park it over there until we finish with your new one...you can move your stuff over then". They never checked or looked at ANYTHING on my trade!
I was told, and found out that it is true when we traded in out fifth wheel, the dealer does not care. They do not care about up grades or anything else. They go by the vin and a trade in price chart. They will not give a penny more. If they have to fix or whole sale it, it is built in profit for them. They make money on everything at sellers/buyers expense. If they do not, they are poorly managed. Made it easy for us with a slide going bad and a wall stud starting to push out on the outside. They did not want to see it. Just put 2k down in a credit card and sigh the paper work for the used Palazzo. Gave them a bank check the next day.
Old 03-04-2023, 03:01 PM   #32

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP View Post
I was told, and found out that it is true when we traded in out fifth wheel, the dealer does not care. They do not care about up grades or anything else. They go by the vin and a trade in price chart. They will not give a penny more. If they have to fix or whole sale it, it is built in profit for them. They make money on everything at sellers/buyers expense. If they do not, they are poorly managed. Made it easy for us with a slide going bad and a wall stud starting to push out on the outside. They did not want to see it. Just put 2k down in a credit card and sigh the paper work for the used Palazzo. Gave them a bank check the next day.

My dealer told me they didn’t need to look at my Newmar trade in. He made no apologies about their policy of offering wholesale less 20% on trades because they “pretty much all need repairs”. I got him up to book wholesale but they wouldn’t budge beyond that. It is what it is. Take it or leave it is up to you. The sales tax savings may be worth quite a bit but still, it’s a price you pay for convenience.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:10 PM   #33

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
I was quite pleased with my trade value...that's why I thought they would.check it out...never came out and looked at it...much less go Inside or test anything out.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 05:20 PM   #34

THOR #22586
Quote:
I was quite pleased with my trade value...that's why I thought they would.check it out...never came out and looked at it...much less go Inside or test anything out.
Very likely they had a hot prospect to sell it to. And as was said, that trade in value figures a certain $$$ they expect to put into it to sell. Still as you indicated, odd they didn't look in to make sure you hadn't painted the cabinets pink and put in lime green shag carpet.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 03-08-2023, 10:42 PM   #35

THOR #22385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
Good luck
It rained this past weekend they said it look dry . ( I’ll believe it when I see it) . I’m going to hopefully get it back this weekend.
Old 03-09-2023, 03:32 AM   #36

THOR #6433
Quote:
It rained this past weekend they said it look dry . ( I’ll believe it when I see it) . I’m going to hopefully get it back this weekend.
Fingers crossed for you. When we had our leak they finally did get that stopped but because they didn’t take the bunk apart the moisture stayed in the walls and caused lots of mold. So watch for that. Either you will see the mold or in the walls you will see BB sized bumps in the wall.
Old 03-09-2023, 11:30 PM   #37

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Very likely they had a hot prospect to sell it to. And as was said, that trade in value figures a certain $$$ they expect to put into it to sell. Still as you indicated, odd they didn't look in to make sure you hadn't painted the cabinets pink and put in lime green shag carpet.
It still sits on their lot unsold...a picture of the fridge door open reveals the zip lock bags of ice.my wife stored up...still there. They don't care!!
Old 03-10-2023, 02:19 AM   #38

THOR #22586
Quote:
It still sits on their lot unsold...a picture of the fridge door open reveals the zip lock bags of ice.my wife stored up...still there. They don't care!!
That tells you the trade difference they charged you was well over what they paid thor for the unit you bought. Still odd they aren't trying to maximize the sale of your trade.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 03-10-2023, 12:42 PM   #39

THOR #22385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
Fingers crossed for you. When we had our leak they finally did get that stopped but because they didn’t take the bunk apart the moisture stayed in the walls and caused lots of mold. So watch for that. Either you will see the mold or in the walls you will see BB sized bumps in the wall.
Thanks, hoping Thor will increase warranty time or pay for a mold inspection.
Old 03-10-2023, 02:23 PM   #40

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Do not rely on the dealers say so that it feels dry. Go check yourself.