Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-25-2019, 07:23 PM   #41
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Glad to hear that it all went so well!

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:32 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
..."Now I need to pin point a rattle while driving. I have a suspicion it is the passenger's side mirror but not certain"...

Probably just a loose loose nut behind the wheel. Good report!!!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:19 AM   #43
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
..."Now I need to pin point a rattle while driving. I have a suspicion it is the passenger's side mirror but not certain"...

Probably just a loose loose nut behind the wheel. Good report!!!
Actually I think it's a loose nut in the co-pilot position. I believe the passenger's side mirror is the culprit. I noticed that mirror had what I consider a lot of vibration while going down the road. This coach has some large truck style mirrors.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:17 PM   #44
Site Team

THOR #1469
Update

Received a call from General RV today and the Service Adviser said they received approval from Jayco for all warranty repairs. They now have to order the parts so we'll have to see how long it will take for those to come in.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:24 PM   #45
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Glad to hear that some progress is happening...

...And that they're keeping you in the informational loop!
Old 02-09-2022, 10:03 PM   #46
Site Team

THOR #1469
2 years later and they did it again. Repairing my slide under warranty and they “cracked” the trim molding that goes around the slide. They are saying it will take 6 to 12 weeks to get a new piece of molding.

Before asking they had to remove the trim so they could remove the slide to replace the sheet metal ramp for the in floor slide. This is not a Schwintek slide.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:29 AM   #47

Model: Accolade 37K
State: Virginia
THOR #12448
We had a lot of problems with them on our previous rig (2018 Miramar) not being able to diagnose a leak after three visits, despite the fact I told them exactly where it was, instead going off on their own illogical tangent. I also had a list of four or five other issues they were zero help and had zero interest in resolving. I re-sealed the top of the window, where I told them it was coming from and no more leak in the entire time we owned it. I also resolved my other issues as well.

It’s a good thing I didn’t get our new Accolade 37K from them, based on what I’m hearing, because clearly nothing has changed.

Unfortunately, my Father in law recently (December) got a 2022 Thor Sequence 20L with the big lithium Mastervolt system from them, and now I have to solve a couple of electrical problems we uncovered instead since they pretty much told him they had no experience with it. <sigh>

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/C...VAWVWIWYsm.jpg
TheDustyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 12:03 PM   #48

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
2 years later and they did it again. Repairing my slide under warranty and they “cracked” the trim molding that goes around the slide. They are saying it will take 6 to 12 weeks to get a new piece of molding.

Before asking they had to remove the trim so they could remove the slide to replace the sheet metal ramp for the in floor slide. This is not a Schwintek slide.
So after all the fups after the original purchase you went back to them again for another repair expecting it to be done correctly? Why in the world did you not go somewhere else?
Old 02-10-2022, 12:51 PM   #49
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
This is not a good habit to continue...
Are there ANY other Technicians around; who could tackle this type of work for you?
Sorry to hear about this again: but it can be fixed!
Hang in there!
Old 02-10-2022, 05:39 PM   #50
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
So after all the fups after the original purchase you went back to them again for another repair expecting it to be done correctly? Why in the world did you not go somewhere else?
Simple, new personnel with good rep assigned to my rig. Other trips after have gone well until now.

Also, and most importantly, not many shops willing to remove, repair and reinstall (hyperextend) entire slides under warranty labor rates. The slide is 18 feet by almost 4 feet deep and is an in floor slide system. Entegra allowed 6.5 hours for the repairs with an addition 2.5 hours if approved. Other shops wanted 16 hours at 165.00 per hour. I will not pay 2500 for the repair of an item covered by warranty.
Old 02-10-2022, 05:50 PM   #51
Site Team

THOR #1469
Update

The part damaged is a 3 x 4 inch veneer insert at the corner of the slide molding.

Waiting to hear their estimate on the shipping time for the veneer and the correct side view camera.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:14 PM   #52
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Simple, new personnel with good rep assigned to my rig. Other trips after have gone well until now.

Also, and most importantly, not many shops willing to remove, repair and reinstall (hyperextend) entire slides under warranty labor rates. The slide is 18 feet by almost 4 feet deep and is an in floor slide system. Entegra allowed 6.5 hours for the repairs with an addition 2.5 hours if approved. Other shops wanted 16 hours at 165.00 per hour. I will not pay 2500 for the repair of an item covered by warranty.
I had my large slide repaired under the extended warranty. I was shown the wrong paper work. The one that went to the extended warranty company. 3.8k to remove and repair. My dealer mucked that repair up and they fix it at their expense. Took nine months to finish do to COVID-19. Slide work is not cheep when they have to pull it. This cost is at California labor rates.