Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2022, 09:50 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #18343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudy13 View Post
So we are boondocking this week and have to run the genny twice a day to keep the battery up. We only have the fridge running on propane so for one I’m not sure what is draining my battery so fast my old camper definitely lasted longer.
So 7 out of ten times the co2 alarm has gone off after about an hour Of run time. I have tried everything closed (windows doors and vents) and combo of open and closed.
I wonder if it’s because I don’t have a tail pipe on my generator? I think it should have one but who knows with the lack of information that comes with these things now.

I will call the dealer Tuesday but no confidence there!

Any thoughts

Oh 2022 freedom elite 24HE with a Onan 4000 gen
We own a Freedom Elite, our generator it under the dining table and behind the drivers seat! First trip out we had the alarm go off!
We purchased a exhaust extension kit which goes over the generator exhaust pipe and straight up about a foot or so over the motor home. Haven’t had the problem since! This is important to understand!! Your motor home is not air tight! Again it is not air tight that’s why the Carbon Monoxide alame is installed in every unit!
Invest in the kit, I think it was $140 but it’s worth it, it’s your life!!

Old 06-04-2022, 09:56 PM   #42

State: New York
THOR #18343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudy13 View Post
So we are boondocking this week and have to run the genny twice a day to keep the battery up. We only have the fridge running on propane so for one I’m not sure what is draining my battery so fast my old camper definitely lasted longer.
So 7 out of ten times the co2 alarm has gone off after about an hour Of run time. I have tried everything closed (windows doors and vents) and combo of open and closed.
I wonder if it’s because I don’t have a tail pipe on my generator? I think it should have one but who knows with the lack of information that comes with these things now.

I will call the dealer Tuesday but no confidence there!

Any thoughts

Oh 2022 freedom elite 24HE with a Onan 4000 gen
We own a Freedom Elite, our generator it under the dining table and behind the drivers seat! First trip out we had the alarm go off!
We purchased a exhaust extension kit which goes over the generator exhaust pipe and straight up about a foot or so over the motor home. Haven’t had the problem since! This is important to understand!! Your motor home is not air tight! Again it is not air tight that’s why the Carbon Monoxide alame is installed in every unit!
Invest in the kit, I think it was $140 but it’s worth it, it’s your life!!
Old 08-30-2022, 12:52 PM   #43

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Oklahoma
THOR #2542
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Nope, not similar. The OP has no exhaust pipe and therefore nothing a Genturi can attach to and resolve any problem.

Now once he gets the exhaust pip issue resolved a Genturi may help move the exhaust farther away from any possible MH entry point.

My bad! You are correct. I had missed his post about the exhaust blowing straight to the ground. You and others provided good advice for the OP.
Old 08-30-2022, 02:25 PM   #44

Model: Freedom Elite 24HE
State: Minnesota
THOR #26294
Gen exhaust complete

I picked up my MH week or so ago from the dealer with shiny new exhaust for the generator. Took them one day to do it . I waited over a month for call from the dealer nothin! I stopped in and the person I was working with no longer worked there…great. Showed the service manager the email from Thor showing the parts had been delivered within 3 days of Thors ship date. He ran off to service and came up with the parts. Soooo if you personally have Thor send parts to the dealer they will probably get tossed into inventory ….no one at the dealer was tracking and the guy I was working with made no effort to keep up with it.
Either way I have my exhaust now.

And the dealership is adding solar panels no charge due to the fact the salesperson told me the model already had them installed. He was wrong the 24FE has those not the HE…..he should know his models better before running his soup jibbers. But works out for me , now I will replace the battery possibly with batteries and should be good……for now

Camp on !