Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2023, 04:16 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Blame Bob Denman....he got me started looking 6 months into my 35SF.
If I were rich I might consider a second smaller like that but I'm not and we generally are gone 1-3 months on trips, not much local. As such the current 36' fits the bill and frankly not sure if a low 20' would ever work for us. I have no interests in "resorts" and all that they supposedly offer but I do like my FHU.

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 04:37 PM   #22

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Blame Bob Denman....he got me started looking 6 months into my 35SF.
Bob is a trouble-maker!
Old 03-03-2023, 04:52 PM   #23

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Judge...in your search for your "soon to be" next coach, one issue to look out for...placement of entry door. Due to the size of the unit and best use of floorplan, many models place the entry door all the way forward, just under the leading edge of the awning. This will create a huge watershed issue right at the doorsteps. Mine is set back about 26 inches but few models are and many overlook this until after they purchase and during the first storm.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 05:25 PM   #24

THOR #12751
Thanks for the great suggestion on what to look for!

I have not seen an Atlas up close yet but from this picture it looks like the boys at AirStream did put the door location so the awning covers it completely.

What intrigues me about the Atlas is a decent size bathroom with a good size corner shower and Theater Sofa Seats that turn into 73" x 73" Murphy Bed when the small slide is extended to use the bed.

Once we get back from Alaska, I may get into serious mode about trying to sell the SV34 and finding a good deal on a 1-owner Atlas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 12.14.28 PM.png
Views:	34
Size:	460.7 KB
ID:	41096   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 12.26.44 PM.png
Views:	32
Size:	388.2 KB
ID:	41097  

Old 03-03-2023, 05:38 PM   #25

THOR #11130
It covers it completely but it's still very close to the outside edge of the awning.
Old 03-03-2023, 05:49 PM   #26

THOR #12751
Hopefully I can check one out sooner rather than later to be sure.

*EDIT* Just found this pic online. Looks like the entry is pretty well covered when you enlarge the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 12.47.34 PM.png
Views:	53
Size:	465.0 KB
ID:	41098  
Old 03-03-2023, 07:21 PM   #27

THOR #11130
Go ahead and buy it...then you have it.
Old 03-03-2023, 07:36 PM   #28

THOR #12751
If didn’t buy a new boat last summer, I’d be on the used ‘19 and then sell the SV34 on the fall.

Plus…. I have to go through all the anticipation and gyrations you went through from the first time you got the idea in your head! [emoji1787]
Old 03-03-2023, 09:53 PM   #29

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Short video of a 24NP for those like me not familiar with this unit.

Really like floor plan. Kitchen extension over extra front seat is clever use of space providing lots of counter area.

No slide always a great idea in a compact unit.

Murphy bed in rear over spacious living / lounge area very nice.

Extra beds for guest or grandkids.

I especially like that one person can go to bed early while other has space to stay up and read, or watch TV. Also that in morning one can get up early, make coffee, and go outside while not disturbing other in rear bedroom.

General floor plan arrangement reminds me of what an Axis/Vegas 24.1 could be — if made smaller (as discussed in other threads). This 24NP proves a lot of space can be provided in a compact rig without having to add a slide. Glad to see manufacturers are trying new ideas.
Old 03-03-2023, 10:36 PM   #30

THOR #11130
All excellent points and the reason it fit so well after the huge 35SF. Nice also to have the shower seperate from the toilet. Best use of space I've seen on any of the Sprinter models. Actually feels and lives like it's much bigger. I looked for 2 years...this is a new floor plan. They duplicated the Leisure Van 24RL...exactly. We were ready tp buy the Leisure but build dates are 2 years out and dealers want MSRP plus 20% with 20% down...Subject to manufacturer price increases.
Old 03-03-2023, 11:44 PM   #31

THOR #12751
That guy is a piece of work. I've watched a lot of his reviews..... but this one is not his typical review.

He always sits on the toilet and gives it an A, B, C, D or F!

He didn't do that so that's an incomplete review!!!
Old 03-03-2023, 11:58 PM   #32

THOR #11130
This is his "2 minute" or less version that he does at the shows. I've watched his toilet test as well...never seen one get a good review. He ain't nothing little!
Old 03-04-2023, 01:21 AM   #33
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
That guy is a piece of work. I've watched a lot of his reviews..... but this one is not his typical review.

Matt was the first reviewer I saw do the toilet test but I've done that since my first Travel Trailer when we bought one where I had to keep the door open to be able to use the toilet. Always a good check for any guy.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 02:15 AM   #34

THOR #11130
All of them beat the option of a shovel in the woods...or walking a couple blocks to the crap house in the campground...wiping with that cheap wax paper toilet tissue.
Old 03-04-2023, 02:21 AM   #35

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Hey Gritz, congrats on the new rig! The 24NP is much like the Vegas 25.2 that we enjoyed for 6 years. I seriously doubt Mrs S would be happy in a coach even smaller. I would more appreciate the trade-offs.

Had that shake down trip yet? Are you finding the mattress comfortable? Any other early comments?
Old 03-04-2023, 02:50 AM   #36

THOR #11130
We drove to Tampa for Valentines Day at the Columbia, then on to Vero and Port Charlotte to visit friends. Great shakedown cruise with zero issues. The bed sleeps much better/firmer than the Thor...just need to get used to sleeping crossways. No regrets yet. Early comments...pretty blown away at the quality of Jayco. Trailers are their main products so MH's probably get a lot of attention to the details.
Old 03-04-2023, 04:43 AM   #37

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post

Judge one thing to consider, your SV34 is never going to worth more that it is today. Taking a trip to AK in a big B or small C might open up opportunities you currently don't have. BUT your toad might have to change based on what the B/C has for towing capacity. Since you KNOW your cap is a weak link and you have been told the roads that way are rough, starting the trip with a solid build is of a lot of comfort. ME?? I'd look to be taking the trip of a lifetime in the best RV possible that meets my needs.

EDIT adding, since your SV34 isn't going to be worth more than is today, what is it likely to be worth AFTER the AK trip. That trip while worth it in terms of life experience, is rough on vehicles, RV and toads.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 11:11 AM   #38

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Judge one thing to consider, your SV34 is never going to worth more that it is today. Taking a trip to AK in a big B or small C might open up opportunities you currently don't have. BUT your toad might have to change based on what the B/C has for towing capacity. Since you KNOW your cap is a weak link and you have been told the roads that way are rough, starting the trip with a solid build is of a lot of comfort. ME?? I'd look to be taking the trip of a lifetime in the best RV possible that meets my needs.

EDIT adding, since your SV34 isn't going to be worth more than is today, what is it likely to be worth AFTER the AK trip. That trip while worth it in terms of life experience, is rough on vehicles, RV and toads.

I would not pull a toad in an Atlas or any Class B+. It is small enough to use as the site seeing vehicle every day. I would just put the eBikes on the back.... or possible tow the Spyder.

Yes.... every day the clock strikes midnight all of our coaches are worth less money than they were the day before.... and sometime even less during the day depending on what idiotic decisions the current administration makes.

That being said.... I'm not worried about the SV34 now on rough roads or going to Alaska. After bolting the front cap in place and having Sumo's, Adjustable Shocks and an HD Rear Sway Bar, I'd put my coach up against any other coach... Thor or otherwise..... on the same roads. If anything it will come out in better shape than a lot of other coaches. Plus I would take my Vroom slide over yours or most others.

I've been on the road 2+ months and I like the space we have right now. I can't imagine going smaller for a 3+ month trip. Plus I like the extra insurance of 4-wheel drive since you never know what you might encounter.

We bought the SV34 four yeatrs ago with an Alaska trip in mind. I'm comfortable with it being reliable for this trip.
Old 03-04-2023, 01:59 PM   #39

THOR #11130
Having the courage of your convictions is what its all about!! Your tank will make it fine. Trading now would be like not showing up for your wedding. Hmmmm...we missed that opportunity, huh?
Old 03-04-2023, 02:52 PM   #40

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
All excellent points and the reason it fit so well after the huge 35SF. Nice also to have the shower seperate from the toilet. Best use of space I've seen on any of the Sprinter models. Actually feels and lives like it's much bigger. I looked for 2 years...this is a new floor plan. They duplicated the Leisure Van 24RL...exactly. We were ready tp buy the Leisure but build dates are 2 years out and dealers want MSRP plus 20% with 20% down...Subject to manufacturer price increases.

Do front seats on Jayco 24NP swivel to rear like on Leisure Travel Van 24RL?

Noticed LTV has multiple floor plans including twin/king beds, though biggest difference is they only build B+ (do not offer Class C with over-cab bunk) as far as I can tell.