Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2023, 04:39 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Here is a Video Tour of the 2023 Thor Quantum MB24

Here is a video Tour of the 2023 Quantum MB24, let me know what you think. Also, I'll be at the Tampa RV show next week ... are there any hot RV that you think I should tour?

Old 01-14-2023, 07:30 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Let us know if any builder has come out with a coach built on the new Ford Transit Trail, a ruggedized and wider version of the Transit.

David
Old 01-15-2023, 02:38 AM   #3

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
Let us know if any builder has come out with a coach built on the new Ford Transit Trail, a ruggedized and wider version of the Transit.

David

David, to clarify for others who may not know, the Transit Trail van is slightly taller due to a Ford OEM lift, and it is also wider due to increased track that requires fender flares (which makes it wider). However, the Trail’s body itself or the interior are no wider than other Transit.

It would be great if a wider van similar to many of the new EV models but with ICE powertrain was available, but presently the ProMaster is widest in US market. Those vans are often about 6 inches wider which would make a Class B van camper feel much roomier.
Old 01-15-2023, 03:16 AM   #4

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
Here is a video Tour of the 2023 Quantum MB24, let me know what you think. Also, I'll be at the Tampa RV show next week ... are there any hot RV that you think I should tour?

I think the MB24 appears too large for a motorhome built on 11,000-pound GVWR chassis. I did not see the OCCC on portion of video I watched.

It has a lot of outside storage space, and also large holding tanks, but I doubt there is enough payload capacity to utilize much of that storage or tank capacity. That unit at nearly 26-feet in length, almost 12-feet high, and with a near-full-wall slide likely weighs close to 10,000 pounds or more. I expect it doesn’t leave much for occupant and cargo carrying capacity, though I hope I’m wrong. I’ll try to watch video again and see if you covered OCCC.

I don’t know of any new “hot” motorhomes but hope manufacturers introduce new models similar in size to Winnebago EKKO; and like EKKO without slides. I still don’t like Ford Transit chassis, so if you notice any new compact B+ model based on E-350, I would like to hear about them — even if you can’t do a review.
Old 01-15-2023, 03:53 AM   #5

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
David, to clarify for others who may not know, the Transit Trail van is slightly taller due to a Ford OEM lift, and it is also wider due to increased track that requires fender flares (which makes it wider). However, the Trail’s body itself or the interior are no wider than other Transit.

It would be great if a wider van similar to many of the new EV models but with ICE powertrain was available, but presently the ProMaster is widest in US market. Those vans are often about 6 inches wider which would make a Class B van camper feel much roomier.
Chance, thanks for the clarification. I thought the whole body was wider on the Trail.

David
Old 01-15-2023, 12:31 PM   #6

State: Alabama
THOR #22773
The neat thing is I was invited to press day as media because of my YouTube channel ( I guess they like it) ... so I should have the opportunity to see the new stuff without all the crowds ... we will see.
Old 02-26-2023, 01:01 AM   #7

State: California
THOR #12210
How much room is there to access the refrigerator if the slide is in? How much room for refrigerator access with the bed down?
Old 02-26-2023, 01:11 AM   #8

State: California
THOR #12210
How is the access to the refrigerator with the slide in? Bed down?