Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-11-2022, 07:50 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Florida
THOR #28035
Hits just keep on coming...

The list to date (have not camped once yet) on our 2023 Magnitude XG32:

Leaking water tank (valves closed still leaked)

Front AC unit has no Low fan, compressor only runs when on auto and unit will work when set to high. Low (fan only) doesn't run

HVAC does not appear at all on the Mira app (so far stumped the band at Firefly)

HDMI to dinette dead (see photo), I went to the cabinet where the splitter lives and notice the lower rear corner of the left panel (where cables come out) was out by about 3/4". Loosened panel and was able to pull out the 4" stub of cable to find the screw had been thru the now dead cable. Not to mention the 2 90 degree bends in the cable.

I've fixed:
Reverse wired solar controller
Replaced drawer slide under stove that was leaking ball bearings, replaced with a pair of better quality to match the 5" deep drawer I added above it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221011_101640.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	39697  

Old 10-11-2022, 11:49 PM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Welcome to the wide, wide world of Thor Super C's!

I had issues with the FireFly system in my '20 Magnitude SV34 when it was new. A few months after picking it up, the two A/C units would have issues. The fans would run without the compressor running when calling for cooling or the compressors would run without the fans running when calling for cooling.

If I shut off the 12V to the coach to reboot the system, it would work fine for a bit and then the issues would start all over again. I troubleshooted with FireFly Support and they narrowed it down to a bad G7 Mainboard.

Others have had similar issues with firmware that needed to be upgraded. I could see a firmware issue fixing the Mira App issue certainly... and maybe the A/C control issue as well.

I installed an electronic ball valve to drain the fresh water tank since the brilliant engineers at Thor decided to put the valve under the bed and it was a PITA to take the bed part after every trip to drain the fresh water tank.

Several people have had HDMI issues with various Thor models because of the fantastic quality and workmanship on the manufacturing floor.

Just wait for the 80% chance of front cap issues to hit in our first year.

Thor "fixed" mine under warranty two years ago.... but during a recent 7-week trip the problem started again.... this time worse than before. We just got back and I will be tearing it apart to install bolts and nuts instead of the crappy small sheet metal screws Thor uses. This latest front cap issue now is causing water to leak from the cab ceiling.
Old 10-12-2022, 12:46 AM   #3

THOR #28035
Definitely going to do something about that drain valve too. Did flash the system to the newest version per Firefly support, but no joy. We have the G12 board, but that could still be the cause. When I look at the circuits in the system all the ones that appear on the display (and therefor Mira) have the associated icons - except the HVAC items. Will see what Firefly tries tomorrow...
Old 10-12-2022, 08:05 AM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
I would think it is an issue with the G12 mainboard if the firmware update didn't fix it.

One other thing to look at is to make sure the wires and connectors for the A/C unit are all tight on the G12 board. What I don't know is if the available functions are a result of pre-programming the display or whether it is smart enough to see a new accessory (A/C, vents, lights, awning, etc.) connected to the system and it automatically shows up on the display and app.
Old 11-02-2022, 11:42 AM   #5

THOR #28035
Update: dealership didn't believe my report that it was the tank leaking (not any plpe fittings). So they checked the fittings and found no leaks, left rig with full tank for "days" and it all leaked out! Now i'm worried about the flooring, subfloor and potential mold! No mention of any remediation effort on their part, yet 9I dried the area with big fan for 36Hours when i found 1/3 missing from the tank - and drained the tank of course).

Front AC issue was a broken wire under the bed which they fixed and then the Mira app was apparently working for them (perhaps short caused the HVAC not to appear on the app?).

Their answer for the HDMI cable is to replace with wireless HDMI (without consulting me) which will cause issues with latency if trying to view the same source on the wired bedroom tv and wireless dinette tv at the same time, plus probably not 4k wireless HDMI (I will replace dinette tv with 4k and may do the bedroom too). So, I will likely wind up solving this issue myself just to wind up with the function I thought I had when I paid for this coach.

Other smaller items on the list are supposedly repaired w/o issue.

So far not getting good vibes on the dealer service operation.
Old 11-02-2022, 01:17 PM   #6

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Let me guess, you bought at a CW?? Thor has no factory schematics for the HDMI routing so good luck trying to figure a way to replace the cable. On my previous 32XG the main TV in the LR slide had the cable end was ripped off, apparently from the factory, and stuffed into a recess in the slide. Thor CS told me in writing no schematics exist. Example of fine QA and no QC at the factory. In my opinion, if you have had 1/3 tank of water leak into the subfloor spaces, you likely have permanent damages there. Of course the impact won't show up until after the warranty is expired. Some on here will rail against me for bringing this up again but search under my user name for posts I had about my 2021 XG32 and why I dumped it after 6 months. In the scheme of things, the HDMI was not much more than a pimple on your nose, the significant structural deficiencies, safety issues, and poor build quality will consume you.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 02:16 PM   #7

THOR #28035
General RV (probably SOSDD). We're gonna have to "dance with the one we brought" and make the best of it. Will hire an inspector and attorney if I'm the least bit unsure of the final work product. It would be nice to eventually spend a night or two in our 200k motorcoach though...
Old 11-02-2022, 02:26 PM   #8

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipFL View Post
General RV (probably SOSDD). We're gonna have to "dance with the one we brought" and make the best of it. Will hire an inspector and attorney if I'm the least bit unsure of the final work product. It would be nice to eventually spend a night or two in our 200k motorcoach though...
My sympathies. CW gets the worst rap deservedly but the other "gobble up" ones like Camper Inn,, General etc also are lacking. It's too bad that most dealers have a piss poor in-house pre-delivery inspection process. I got mine at Berryland Campers in Ponchatoula LA and they did an excellent job going over and making sure that when I did my pre-purchase inspection, I was satisfied. Nearly 1 year ownership, 10K miles and the biggest issue we had was no broom closet. Really!!!

Was I lucky? Maybe but I also am careful and wary.

DISCLAIMER; I have never seen a thor inception or sister, but based on my experiences with the omni, I wouldn't touch another thor. I know that doesn't help you now except adding credits in your "RV experiences degree".
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote