Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2023, 12:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiburon 24FB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #30039
Sticky Spot on Dinette Cushion Fabric

2019 Thor Synergy 3500 MB Sprinter Chassis. I have a sticky spot on the cushion that won’t wash off, almost seems like something had a chemical reaction to the fabric causing it to stay sticky? Any suggestions/experience/help with this problem?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0621.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	42929

Old 07-25-2023, 03:35 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
It's possible a petroleum based "something" got on the vinyl. Be careful using petroleum based cleaners... Goof Off, Goo Gone and the like. They have petroleum distillates and could react with the vinyl and actually make it worse.

First I would try Dawn dish detergent - mixed VERY strong with a little hot water. Dawn will not harm the vinyl. Scrub with a rag a little at a time. Then wipe and check progress.

Another product is a Dollar Store product called Simply Awesome. It's my go-to cleaner. It's not petroleum based, but use cautiously. Test on a non-conspicuous area FIRST. But I've used it on vinyl before with no ill effects. BUT... test first!

Beyond that, if the vinyl was damaged by a solvent and nothing works - call a dry cleaner shop... they are experts at cleaning all sorts of fabrics... they might be able to suggest something for vinyl.

Good luck!
Old 07-26-2023, 01:54 PM   #3

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Bandaid fix by putting some talcum powder on it. If the above cleaning doesn't help this might make it less sticky.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote