Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-04-2021, 01:42 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Beautful looking coach Jerry! I'm a bit jealous if that is the way you are going....

There were two here in the KOA in St Mary at east Glacier NP but your color scheme is much nicer.

You will love the Super C!

Old 09-04-2021, 02:36 PM   #42

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Beautful looking coach Jerry! I'm a bit jealous if that is the way you are going....

There were two here in the KOA in St Mary at east Glacier NP but your color scheme is much nicer.

You will love the Super C!
There's a big renegade rally starting soon in Idaho. I've been following a few groups travel to the rally. Several are/were in glacier. I'm sure that's who you saw

If you see them ask if anyone if Jeff swartz. Nice guy. He'll probably let you check out his mh

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 02:40 PM   #43

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Beautful looking coach Jerry! I'm a bit jealous if that is the way you are going!
Yes it's the way I'm going. Deposit has been put down just waiting for it to get built. About the only option I didn't take is the $5k+ lithium battery upgrade. Even the salesman says to to much$$$ the 8d maintenance free battery, 3000watt inverter, and 525 watt solar will power it just fine

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 01:22 PM   #44

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis View Post
This.

My stepdad bought a Nexus and while the chassis is a beast, the coach is very poor. Bad fit and finish, lots of issues with shelf brackets, cabinet doors and other things of that nature, and also a roof leak out the door. Much lower assembly quality than my Thor. Also, those outside compartment doors that open upwards, but stop partway up so that one has to crawl under them to get at anything, is just crazy. (I hear they're changing those to side-swinging doors on some new ones, which is a good thing.) Generally speaking, I've preferred Thor to Forest River within just about every price category I've looked at. (Nexus is a FR product.)
Where did you get that??
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:35 PM   #45

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Yes it's the way I'm going. Deposit has been put down just waiting for it to get built. About the only option I didn't take is the $5k+ lithium battery upgrade. Even the salesman says to to much$$$ the 8d maintenance free battery, 3000watt inverter, and 525 watt solar will power it just fine

Jerry
Congratulations on the new Monster RV Truck. But I had to Google 8d maintenance free batteries May it helps some one else as well. I didn't know they existed

Group 8D batteries are some of the largest 12-volt batteries available to consumers and usually have rough dimensions of about 21″x11″x10″ (LxWxH). ... These batteries typically weigh between 130-180 pounds, have a capacity of 230-300 amp-hours, and can provide upwards of 1,500 cold-cranking amps (CCA

Glad to know that others view the Lithium ($4k - $5k) option as an excessive cost for the relative gain. Unless I was boondocking in very cold weather where no AC would ever be needed, it is basically a $4,000 popcorn machine that does not require the generator for us So many other little things that I prefer to have.

I have side question because I saw this with some poster and not sure how it ended? If you had decided to trade your existing RV in, would you have been required to turn it over along with the deposit and go 8 months or so with an RV, or do you wait until the delivery is made and turn it in?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 03:32 PM   #46

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post

I have side question because I saw this with some poster and not sure how it ended? If you had decided to trade your existing RV in, would you have been required to turn it over along with the deposit and go 8 months or so with an RV, or do you wait until the delivery is made and turn it in?
An experience I had a couple times they would make a trade offer "contingent on market value at time of actual transaction". You get what that means. They would decide what "market value" is and if you have put down additional deposit $$$ are likely to lose it if you don't like their market valuation numbers. I didn't play that game.

Different note, I wish the Valencia came in shorter lengths. My Omni at 33.5' is as long as I want.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 09-05-2021, 03:47 PM   #47

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
……

Different note, I wish the Valencia came in shorter lengths. My Omni at 33.5' is as long as I want.
The Verona comes in a 33’ 11” length, so now you have no excuses.

https://www.renegaderv.com/resources...67_brc_pdf.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9BD63173-B1C6-4B5A-9622-85E3E92D6175.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	33356  
Old 09-05-2021, 04:51 PM   #48

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
The Verona comes in a 33’ 11” length, so now you have no excuses.

https://www.renegaderv.com/resources...67_brc_pdf.pdf
I'll check that out. I did look at online stuff from Dynamax which has shorter super C but undesirable things like a fold-a break-a bed and stuff. When I was looking at gas C in the 32+- range, there was virtually no CCC that was usable. On paper plenty of CCC but axles, well little on the rear and what was available, was the front. No storage in front to use it as well. There are exceptions but not in the build I would buy.

EDIT adding; They sure are proud of them$$$$$$. One 34 used 2 year old for $313K. I think the Newmar super C I saw in Phoenix wasn't what they have them listed for on RVTrader.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ