Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2021, 11:02 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
I sure like these

Renegade Valencia 38rw and Verona 36vsb

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...VSB-5016987597

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...8RW-5015627252

Jerry

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 11:08 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I wish mine had a cooktop and not an oven inside. In 30 years I’ve never used an indoor oven. But this chassis is a real truck.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:20 PM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
I wish mine had a cooktop and not an oven inside. In 30 years I’ve never used an indoor oven. But this chassis is a real truck.

I just love the diversity of users here…we use our oven most every trip!
Old 07-25-2021, 12:03 AM   #4

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I just love the diversity of users here…we use our oven most every trip!
I've used mine once. Stove top, bbq and microwave are second to reservation at a restaurant
FMCA # F464385
Old 07-25-2021, 12:13 AM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I sure like these

Before I bought my Magnitude two years ago I went through a lot of Super C’s.

At the time my top two manufacturers were the Renegade and the Dynamax. They both exhibited signs of high quality and workmanship.

Since then I have become a fan of the Dynmax Europa and the Nexus Ghost.

If my Magnitude doesn’t hold up without any manor issues on our upcoming 7 week trip, I already have a replacement picked out. I found a 2020 Nexus Ghost 34DS that only has 8000 miles on it that I really like. It looks like it was used one trip.

I hope the Magnitude does well. I really like it and no issues the first three trips this season. We have a short trip next weekend and then we leave for oir big trip out west on August 20.

I will say that part of me hopes the Nexus is still available in October. [emoji16]
Old 07-25-2021, 12:33 AM   #6

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
Jerry, those coaches look great. Their price is a bit up there but for what you get, it appears to justify it.

Paul
Old 07-25-2021, 01:19 AM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I agree; you pay more... but look at what you're getting!
Old 07-25-2021, 06:41 AM   #8

THOR #3156
Anyone want to buy my 29m. $85k. There are a half dozen for sale by me for $90-100k. 85 is a deal

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 08-02-2021, 07:36 PM   #9

THOR #3156
I'm getting kind of serious about the renegade, valencia 38rw. Just listed my 29m on rvtrader. What I'm I getting myself into??
Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 08-02-2021, 09:09 PM   #10

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I'm getting kind of serious about the renegade, valencia 38rw. Just listed my 29m on rvtrader. What I'm I getting myself into??
Jerry
Wow, should I say double wow. You only go around once, and if I learned anything from this forum, you know RVs; so your instinct will be right. However, I never pictured you as SOB like I think of Bob, nor me; as I am prolly the worse kind of SOB there is
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 09:39 PM   #11

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Jerry
Jerry.....

I personally thiink you are making a good decision from a few different perspectives.

First, I'm more pro Super C vs Class A for the following reasons:

- I prefer the safety factor of a truck cab in front of me with standard safety features like air bags, etc.

- I also like having another easy method of entry and exit from the coach.

- I prefer a truck chassis that was designed and built to carry heavy loads and rack up big highway miles reliabily. The drivetrain and suspension is perfect for a motorhome application (some of the DEF issues out there right now not withstanding).

- I also like the cab windshield and windows that will never leak and provide good visibility.

- If major engine or transmission issues would ever occur, it is much easier to work on a Super C than any Class A.... even from just a general maintenance perspective.

Next, I think the Renegade is a very good coach in this price range. When I looked at several of them a couple years ago, the quality and workmanship was excellent. I think the Renegade lineup is exponentially better than any of the Thor Industries Super C's.

Renegade, Dynamax and Nexus have all been on my watch-list. While I have been leaning towards the Nexus Ghost lately should my Magnitude let me down, I don't think you can go wrong with the Renegade Valencia and would really like the coach.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:48 PM   #12
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Wow, should I say double wow. You only go around once, and if I learned anything from this forum, you know RVs; so your instinct will be right. However, I never pictured you as SOB like I think of Bob, nor me; as I am prolly the worse kind of SOB there is
should I be insulted... or happy that someone is thinking of me?
Old 08-02-2021, 10:49 PM   #13
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Jerry,
Damn the torpedoes, and full steam ahead!
Old 08-02-2021, 11:13 PM   #14

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
should I be insulted... or happy that someone is thinking of me?
You should feel revered, I hope HP don't feel insulted I am just grasping the thought that HP may not be a Thor owner. I am glad to see him looking at his options to make a move. However, HP was last name I might have selected for a SOB was my point. Maybe it because of all of his Mods that he has deployed to that 29M.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 08-03-2021, 05:00 AM   #15

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
You should feel revered, I hope HP don't feel insulted I am just grasping the thought that HP may not be a Thor owner. I am glad to see him looking at his options to make a move. However, HP was last name I might have selected for a SOB was my point. Maybe it because of all of his Mods that he has deployed to that 29M.
You could never insult me I have pretty thick skin and you never said anything insulting anyways

I love my 29m but I really like everything Judge said about the super c except the price to get it. I have found a used unit thats been cared for very well So if mine sells Ill get it. If it doesnt Im fine keeping the 29m

Im pretty over doing mods on the 29m Dont know what else I could do. Hopefully the renegade doesnt need anything.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 08-03-2021, 05:02 AM   #16

THOR #3156
So help me sell my 29M Asked your friends and family

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 08-03-2021, 01:10 PM   #17

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Jerry.....

I personally thiink you are making a good decision from a few different perspectives.

- I prefer the safety factor of a truck cab in front of me with standard safety features like air bags, etc.

- I prefer a truck chassis that was designed and built to carry heavy loads and rack up big highway miles reliabily. The drivetrain and suspension is perfect for a motorhome application (some of the DEF issues out there right now not withstanding).

- I also like the cab windshield and windows that will never leak and provide good visibility.

- If major engine or transmission issues would ever occur, it is much easier to work on a Super C than any Class A.... even from just a general maintenance perspective.

Next, I think the Renegade is a very good coach in this price range. When I looked at several of them a couple years ago, the quality and workmanship was excellent. I think the Renegade lineup is exponentially better than any of the Thor Industries Super C's.

Renegade, Dynamax and Nexus have all been on my watch-list. While I have been leaning towards the Nexus Ghost lately should my Magnitude let me down, I don't think you can go wrong with the Renegade Valencia and would really like the coach.

Independent of size, many of the benefits you listed for Super C over Class A also apply to regular Class C over smaller As.

I recall it wasn’t that long ago Class As out sold Cs by a considerable margin, and as of last June, there were almost twice as many Cs than As sold. It’s a shifting market for certain, somewhat driven by downsizing trend.

What’s even more surprising is that Bs (van campers) are approaching the volume of As. Just a few years ago they represented a very small percentage of “A” volume.

I agree that having a conventional OEM “cab” with doors, power windows, OEM dash, air conditioner, airbags, OEM windshield, access to engine, etc. all add value in a different way than just having more space in driving compartment.
Old 08-03-2021, 01:23 PM   #18
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Jerry.....

Read this article by someone that sold their RV so they could buy a Nexus.

https://travauto56.medium.com/the-rv...e-546c8102138f

The author's experience is the same thing I observed when we looked at a Nexus Ghost before we bought the Accolade. IMHO the fit and finish of the Ghost was garbage compared to even Thor.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:35 PM   #19

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Independent of size, many of the benefits you listed for Super C over Class A also apply to regular Class C over smaller As.

I recall it wasn’t that long ago Class As out sold Cs by a considerable margin, and as of last June, there were almost twice as many Cs than As sold. It’s a shifting market for certain, somewhat driven by downsizing trend.

What’s even more surprising is that Bs (van campers) are approaching the volume of As. Just a few years ago they represented a very small percentage of “A” volume.

I agree that having a conventional OEM “cab” with doors, power windows, OEM dash, air conditioner, airbags, OEM windshield, access to engine, etc. all add value in a different way than just having more space in driving compartment.
I think you could list benefits for any of the Classes A, B or C as well as some negatives. The Calculus in the end is matter of individual preferences. When we first started looking for RV, it was 100% Class C. But as we learned more, we wanted more and became obsessed with the ACE 29.3 that we considered the perfect coach. But we could never find one to buy that passed a PDI; we then felt why not spend a little bit more and get the Windsport/Hurricane and ultimately the Sunstar. At that time we were locked on Class A.

I don't think the comparison with Class B owners in terms of volume of sales is any indicator against any other Class rather the RV industry capitalizing on new markets. i.e. Both of my brothers own Class Bs. Neither have ever took them camping Both use them in entirely different ways. One uses his to travel around to go to sports games with his his grandkids as today these little kids frequently travel to places like Orlando to play games of all sorts. The other uses his just as matter of convenience when attending family functions and for business as he rents his out. His is more of a Leisure Travel van on Sprinter classic ( it does not even have generator). Both will tell you they will never get a Class A due to size. Oddly I take my Class A (30ft) places that they will never go in their 24ft's. They chuckle to see me pull in and out of some restaurants But if owning a RV is like owning a motorcycle, it does not matter what kind you have, just ride
Old 08-03-2021, 02:05 PM   #20

THOR #2121
dkoldman, I was not focusing on RV size versus sales volume, just that markets are shifting, and in my opinion some of the benefits Judge listed influence the overall trends we are seeing.

Quote:

That’s a great looking unit.

I hope you have chance to get it and enjoy for many years. That particular color and the overall proportions typical of many Super Cs looks really good to me.