Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-13-2022, 04:12 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #20628
Jacks won’t retract.

So I have my brand new Thor Magnitude 2022. This is my first trip so I have only a few hours on my Rv . Since day 1 is giving me Issues. This is not my first Rv so I know all of them give issues. First of all I have a huge leak that comes from the back of the master bedroom. I assume is coming from where you fill your fresh water. The leaks comes all the way from the back to the front of the rv. Now Things get worst, my jacks are down and now they won’t retract. I’ve done literally everything.m, every troubleshoot by phone with Thor and also with easy care. They tell me they have to send a technician but they will charge me because it’s not covered through warranty even though I have the premium too easy care assist membership. So basically I’m stuck here because they don’t even know what is happening and they tell me that for me to retract them manually is dangerous and I will void my warranty ! This is crazy and unbelievable. I paid a lot of money for this RV and I feel ver disappointed. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Old 03-13-2022, 04:44 AM   #2

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Welcome to the word of Thor.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 04:54 AM   #3

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
State: Virginia
THOR #12448
Is it a Lippert Level-up jack system and all it wants to do is raise up, regardless of what button you press?

If so, try disconnecting the connector on the side of the pump and then using the manual retract procedure in the manual. There was a problem with the harness some years back (2015 plus or minus a few years) that would fail such that all it wanted to do was go up and it would get HOT because it was constantly powering the solenoids in the up mode. I thought they had fixed it with more recent models, but who knows.

One other thing to check (maybe before what I wrote above) is whether the manual control on the valves are all the way closed. On top of the pump, you’ll see the four solenoids. I think you use a 3/16” Allen key and you can turn counter-clockwise to put them in normal mode. If you find one loose or turned all the way clockwise, that can cause all sorts of weird behavior. Again, read the manual to ensure I’m informing you correctly about your system.

On my last rig (with the Level-up), one of the rear jacks was drifting slowly down while driving. I found one of the valves not fully closed (counter-clockwise) and once I set it, no more drift. My current rig has an Equalizer Systems jack system, and I found one solenoid turned all the way clockwise and it never behaved right until I discovered it and put it in the normal, counter-clockwise position.

They do need to be relatively tight, but don’t kill it.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/C...VAWVWIWYsm.jpg
TheDustyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 11:48 AM   #4

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Did you try starting, taking off the emerergency brake, putting it in gear with foot on the brake?

Your summary needs more useful information
Old 03-13-2022, 02:03 PM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Check your 100A Bussman Breaker. It is located in / near the battery compartment and looks like this. If it is tripped, you will have no power to the leveling jacks and they won't retract. Look to see if the yellow or red flag is out like the one in the picture. If it is, push it back in.

If it is not tripped, it would be worth pressing the red button to trip it and then reset it. Also check the connections. I found plenty of loose connections and poor wiring from the factory.

If all else fails, there is a manual retracting procedure outlined in the manual. I have attached an example for you. I carry a cordless impact wrench and tools so I can use it to retract the jack if I ever have a similar issue that can't get resolved on the road.

Also, I don't know which Magnitude you have but the 2020 SV34 has a lot of plumbing under the bed....

- Freshwater Tank
- Pump
- Filter
- Drain Valve
- Pex Plumbing
- Winterization Port

If you remove the mattress and access panel, you can check for your leak fairly easily.

There you go..... and I charge less than a Mobile Tech. My rate is only $75/hr.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 10.01.32 AM.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	36453  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lippert_ManualOverride.pdf (1.94 MB, 75 views)
Old 03-13-2022, 03:27 PM   #6

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Are there any lights on at the control panel? If not, you have a system power problem. If it appears to be normal and ready to operate you have a failure of some component and you need to do some troubleshooting. There are several fuses and breakers in the system (some upstream of the control panel and some downstream) and a great many electrical connections and components. It might be as simple as a loose connection or a fuse/breaker that needs to be replaced or reset. I don’t know what system you have but there almost certainly is an approved manual retract procedure and you should be able to find it in your manual, online or by calling the manufacturer of the system (not Thor). Good luck.
Old 03-13-2022, 08:36 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttcoymat View Post
So I have my brand new Thor Magnitude 2022. This is my first trip so I have only a few hours on my Rv . Since day 1 is giving me Issues. This is not my first Rv so I know all of them give issues. First of all I have a huge leak that comes from the back of the master bedroom. I assume is coming from where you fill your fresh water. The leaks comes all the way from the back to the front of the rv. Now Things get worst, my jacks are down and now they won’t retract. I’ve done literally everything.m, every troubleshoot by phone with Thor and also with easy care. They tell me they have to send a technician but they will charge me because it’s not covered through warranty even though I have the premium too easy care assist membership. So basically I’m stuck here because they don’t even know what is happening and they tell me that for me to retract them manually is dangerous and I will void my warranty ! This is crazy and unbelievable. I paid a lot of money for this RV and I feel ver disappointed. Has anyone experienced something similar?
Call Lippert's 24 hour help line. They will walk you through manually retracting the jacks if it comes to that and NO, it won't void your warranty and IS NOT dangerous.

Sometimes you get good help from Thor, sometimes; not so much.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 02:02 PM   #8

Model: Magnitude SV34
THOR #20809
had same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttcoymat View Post
same issue n my '21 magnitude. For me it was the wire from the input panel inside to the control box thats mounted on the top of the first storage box ( next too but above the inverter). Take the black plastic cover off ( 4 screws) and disconnect both cables then reseat. I left the cover off and had to do this almost every time I used the jacks until it eventually seemed to make and keep a solid connection. It's been trouble free since. Hope this solves it for you, good luck.
Old 03-15-2022, 09:25 PM   #9

Model: SV34
State: California
THOR #21216
First thing - make sure your batteries are fully charged. Don't rely on the solar panel to trickle charge charge the battery - mine was wired incorrectly in the Thor factory. Imagine that!
Old 03-15-2022, 10:04 PM   #10

Model: 24TF Compass / Mercedes
State: New York
THOR #17969
Talk about poor customer relations! New unit with a part that clearly is defective and they expect you to pay for their tech to fix their defect? And then don't manually retract them or that voids their warranty which they won't use to fix the defect? Just amazing. This is why lawyers are plentiful these days.
Old 03-15-2022, 11:25 PM   #11
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensob View Post
Talk about poor customer relations! New unit with a part that clearly is defective and they expect you to pay for their tech to fix their defect? And then don't manually retract them or that voids their warranty which they won't use to fix the defect? Just amazing. This is why lawyers are plentiful these days.
.......or we're not getting the real or full story. Notice the OP is MIA.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 12:15 AM   #12

Model: 24TF Compass / Mercedes
State: New York
THOR #17969
Yep, kind of thought that myself.