Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-02-2021, 07:40 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo Boy View Post
Do you guys know if my electrical system is lithium compatible? I think I would like to swap out my current batteries for two lithium’s
The standard WFCO Converter Charger is pretty basic. I replaced mine immediatley with a Progressive Dynamics PD9260.

They also make one for lithium batteries. The PD9160ALV would work and is a two stage Lithium charger.

https://www.progressivedyn.com/pd9100l/

Old 04-02-2021, 09:21 PM   #42

Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Alaska
THOR #18758
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Unless they changed the inverter is only an inverter and not an inverter/charger. The converter/charger may need to be changed but the Xantrex can stay.
Good point. Totally forgot about the converter/charger, since I switched to the all in one.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:19 PM   #43

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
My shower and kitchen sink drain into gray. Both
Bathroom sinks into the black. Yours is probably the same way.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:24 PM   #44

Model: Axis 25.3
State: Alabama
THOR #20803
Welcome. Enjoy the ride-! Short trips are always fun. Gives you a chance to figure out what to keep in it from the house, and so if you just wanna go on the spur, you can.
Toad-undecided
Thor 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:36 PM   #45

Model: 2020 4 Winds 31Y
State: Texas
THOR #20784
Welcome to where the fixers are located
Old 04-03-2021, 11:40 PM   #46

Model: Omni XG32
State: California
THOR #22744
Really hoping next weekend we can go try it out!
Old 04-03-2021, 11:41 PM   #47

THOR #22744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullabunk View Post
Welcome to where the fixers are located
Wifey called me her fixer last week after I sent her a bunch of photographs of things I fixed lol!
Old 04-04-2021, 12:26 AM   #48

State: Indiana
THOR #19890
I have found that my black tank on my 2021 XG32 seemed to "fill" quickly. I tested my black tank level gauge today by metering water into the tank flush. I found the 33% showed at 5 gallon, 67% showed at 12 gallon, and the 100% showed at 23 gallon. Does anyone else have experience like this with what is shown as a 40 gallon tank in the specs? BTW, I know the shower drains to the grey tank when my son-in-laws l-o-n-g shower pegged the grey tank to 100%! I picked up my rig late September and have 6000 miles on it from 2 Florida trips.
Old 04-04-2021, 03:39 AM   #49

THOR #22744
Has anybody done anything regarding a barbecue on these units?
Old 08-12-2021, 12:57 AM   #50
Tjb

State: Oregon
THOR #24492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmthrust View Post
The Xantrex inverter doesn’t quite get you there for charging lithiums. I swapped it for Victron Multiplus and put in 6 Battleborn lithium bats.

Where did you put the lithium batteries?
Old 08-12-2021, 09:05 PM   #51

THOR #18758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjb View Post
Where did you put the lithium batteries?
In the storage bin where the inverter is. Here's a picture minus three more bborns.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BBorns.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	32771  
Old 08-16-2021, 09:08 PM   #52

Model: RS36
THOR #24133
2 key items that you should address right away.

1) As pretty much every member with the F550/F600 platform can confirm. Your BIM is wired backwards. You will experience this issue after a long drive pulling into campsite and your voltage will not get above 13.2. Judge has the schematics in other posts, but doing that change now will save ends headaches. Also, if you upgrade to Lithium, you will need the Lithium compatible BIM and they will also fix the issue.

2) Pay attention to the top cap trim. After 6k miles the screws are already backing out. Thor has not even addressed this known attachment / structural design issue in the 2022. If you do not have the 12 year warrantee, this could be a big deal as I have only been a member / owner for 4 weeks and more posts about the top cap screws appear every day.

I have lost all faith in Thor and their Magnitude/Omni design I am selling mine back at a significant loss after owning only 4weeks as there is no way it will last the test of time. I know RV will have issues (all of them do), but after trouble shooting and digging into the design/workmanship there is no other option but to get rid of it.

Eric
Old 08-16-2021, 09:15 PM   #53

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice_n_EZ View Post
I have found that my black tank on my 2021 XG32 seemed to "fill" quickly. I tested my black tank level gauge today by metering water into the tank flush. I found the 33% showed at 5 gallon, 67% showed at 12 gallon, and the 100% showed at 23 gallon. Does anyone else have experience like this with what is shown as a 40 gallon tank in the specs? BTW, I know the shower drains to the grey tank when my son-in-laws l-o-n-g shower pegged the grey tank to 100%! I picked up my rig late September and have 6000 miles on it from 2 Florida trips.
First, the stock tank sensors are notoriously inaccurate on most (if not all) RV's. It also takes regular and thorough tank maintenance to keep them working reasonably well.

Second, they tend to place them conservatively. You don't really want the black tank readin to reach full when the water level is at the toilet seal.

I don't know how long of a shower your SIL takes but a 10 minute shower at 2 gallon per minute flow will be about 20 gallons. If you hand any water in the the grey tank, having it read 67% or 100% is not surprising.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:08 PM   #54

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
First, the stock tank sensors are notoriously inaccurate on most (if not all) RV's. It also takes regular and thorough tank maintenance to keep them working reasonably well.

Second, they tend to place them conservatively. You don't really want the black tank readin to reach full when the water level is at the toilet seal.

I don't know how long of a shower your SIL takes but a 10 minute shower at 2 gallon per minute flow will be about 20 gallons. If you hand any water in the the grey tank, having it read 67% or 100% is not surprising.
I think they put them where ever the idiot installing them feels like. My black tank indicates full when the tank is full, no warning. I pulled the protective cover away from the tank in the wet bay and confirmed that. Very top. Our first experience was when the bath sink backed up a bit. I drained the black immediately and no I didn't flush the toilet to see. At home I did a flush and cleaning to confirm and filled the black with the black tank flush and same thing. Goes through the E, 1/3, 2/3 and when it reads full, it's FULL.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 04:52 PM   #55

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
I think they put them where ever the idiot installing them feels like. My black tank indicates full when the tank is full, no warning. I pulled the protective cover away from the tank in the wet bay and confirmed that. Very top. Our first experience was when the bath sink backed up a bit. I drained the black immediately and no I didn't flush the toilet to see. At home I did a flush and cleaning to confirm and filled the black with the black tank flush and same thing. Goes through the E, 1/3, 2/3 and when it reads full, it's FULL.
When our Black or Grey tank monitor reads full, they will both take several more gallons, the fresh water tank is the same.
Old 08-18-2021, 05:03 PM   #56

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
When our Black or Grey tank monitor reads full, they will both take several more gallons, the fresh water tank is the same.
Had another surprise when I was doing that. As the flush was filling the tank I was watching the monitor panel and the tank level. I heard a water "burp" and went in the bathroom and some water was splashed on and in the sink. Excess pressure building in the black tank as it was filling was burped through the sink P trap into the sink. That tells me the vent tube is recessed down into the black tank and when it gets full the vent tube is down below the fluid level and the path of the least resistance for excess pressure is the sink P trap. Used some Lysol to clean the sink and counter. That shouldn't be an issue during normal use but could cause a slow draining of the sink when it's nearly full.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 05:25 PM   #57
RCS

State: Texas
THOR #24446
Welcome to the XG32 world. We really enjoy ours and hope you do also.

WRT the plumbing, my XG32 schematic from the Thor website shows the shower and kitchen sink going into the grey tank, and toilet and bathroom sink into the black. That matches what I see in usage (I have a SeeLevel II tank monitor system on the three tanks - a bit problematic on the L shaped tanks, but that is another story).
Old 08-18-2021, 06:58 PM   #58

THOR #18758
Chunker, I did the same then bought a water flow meter. Works like a champ!