Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2024, 01:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #26066
LCI levelers

I have an 2022 Outlaw 29J and I am unable to use the levelers. Initially I had all lights flashing, that fix was found. At this time I still cannot use the system. I have checked breakers. I do wonder if, since they sit so low on the rig, that if I hit something, alignment would cause this issue. Your thoughts.

Old 05-13-2024, 02:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Define "unable to use the levelers".

The leveling rams are hydraulically moved both up and down. A single one being damaged would not affect the other 3.

The hydraulic pressure comes from a hydraulic pump and motor powered by the house batteries through a 100 amp DC breaker which also supplies starting current to the generator. Can you start the generator?

The hydraulic motor is controlled by the leveling controller and control panel. Can yoy turn the control panel on? What happens when you try to level the coach in either AUTO or MANUAL modes?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 03:24 PM   #3

State: Texas
THOR #24216
Do you have a control panel such as this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1032.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	46108  
Old 05-13-2024, 06:41 PM   #4

THOR #26066
I understand the operating process, the cylinders are in the up position. The panel “on” switch is not functioning, fuses are fine
Old 05-13-2024, 07:17 PM   #5
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny47 View Post
I understand the operating process, the cylinders are in the up position. The panel “on” switch is not functioning, fuses are fine
So you press and hold the ON/OFF button and no lights come on, on the panel?
How did you fix the "all lights flashing" problem?
Did you verify the 100 amp DC breaker is not tripped?

Do you have the Operation Manual?

https://myrvworks.com/wp-content/upl...ice-Manual.pdf

Have you seen the troubleshooting chart?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leveler.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	46113  
Old 05-13-2024, 07:55 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
The LCI jacks system uses 100 amp circuit beakers. One is in the house battery compartment and the other is in the engine compartment beside the chassis batteries. If you car start the generator the CB in the house battery compartment is set. If the defroster fans in the drivers compartment turn the CB by the chassis battery is set.
The jack's control panel is powered by the chassis battery, so it should turn on anytime you have chassis battery. If it does not you have a connection problem or a bad jack's computer. The aux fuse and relay circuit board is down by the driver's left foot. If it gets wet or has been damaged it can cause all sorts of problems with the Thor MC installed accessories in the front cap (driver's compartment).

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.co...ting-Guide.pdf
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 03:07 AM   #7

THOR #26066
I will read the pdf you sent, all resets have functioned properly yet the cylinders are still up. Now, when I push the raise/lower buttons, hear a click similar to a solenoid trying and failing to engage by the main batteries by the steps
Old 05-14-2024, 03:57 AM   #8
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Quote:
I will read the pdf you sent, all resets have functioned properly yet the cylinders are still up. Now, when I push the raise/lower buttons, hear a click similar to a solenoid trying and failing to engage by the main batteries by the steps
Raise/Lower buttons? Why would you expect any button to work if you can't turn the panel on? Do you have the panel that TheGoodLife posted?

If you start answering the questions posed to you, you may receive more useful help.
Old 05-14-2024, 04:43 AM   #9

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: California
THOR #28908
Sounds like it’s powered on if your hearing clicking?? I assumed you checked the fluid in reservoir? I guess a better understanding of what is turning on or off as Ace has mentioned would make it easier to help
Old 05-14-2024, 12:35 PM   #10

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I agree with Ace. Please answer questions. My panel is like the one previously posted. It’s a “Levelup” system. When I get to a parking spot, I must:

1) leave engine running
2) in park. Brake set.
3) press and hold power button. Sometimes it takes holding the button for 10 sseconds before I actually get power
4) I normally manual level. Sometimes have to hold that button down for a few seconds as well
5) once level, hold power button to turn off.
6) then turn ignition off

Are you following these steps as I’ve listed?
Old 05-14-2024, 02:22 PM   #11

THOR #26066
I have followed all the owners manual steps as well as mechanics advice on resetting. At present I have the panel lights working. That said, jacks are still up and any butting pushed causes a solenoid to “click” similar to that on a car. My apologies if I’m not answering fast enough as my days are long and the weather at the campsite is wet. I do what I can, when I can. I think a batter test is next while I find a replacement solenoid
Old 05-14-2024, 02:51 PM   #12
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
I have followed all the owners manual steps as well as mechanics advice on resetting. At present I have the panel lights working. That said, jacks are still up and any butting pushed causes a solenoid to “click” similar to that on a car. My apologies if I’m not answering fast enough as my days are long and the weather at the campsite is wet. I do what I can, when I can. I think a batter test is next while I find a replacement solenoid
The battery test is as simple as (as asked above) - Can you start the generator?

The solenoid click may be the hydraulic motor solenoid - they're pretty bulletproof and very easy to test with a voltmeter but you may need a second person to push the button on the panel or stop by Harbor Freight and pick up one of these:

But historically, the problem is not the solenoid, but the motor itself. You can easily test that by locally activating the solenoid with a jumper wire.
Old 05-14-2024, 03:30 PM   #13
It's 'towed', not toad.

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
You said you're following a mechanics advice.
Continue.
Our advice seems to not suit you.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 06:10 PM   #14

Model: Omni RS36
THOR #30872
Is the pump coming on?
Old 05-19-2024, 10:58 AM   #15

State: New Hampshire
THOR #31993
What was your fix to remedy all the lights flashing? I had the same problem, but my system is working perfectly.
Old 05-19-2024, 12:35 PM   #16

THOR #26066
Clearing the lights by pressing all four (up/down) at the same time. It’s a reset
Old 05-22-2024, 04:15 PM   #17

THOR #31941
Bad Hydraulic Pump?

Quote:
I have an 2022 Outlaw 29J and I am unable to use the levelers. Initially I had all lights flashing, that fix was found. At this time I still cannot use the system. I have checked breakers. I do wonder if, since they sit so low on the rig, that if I hit something, alignment would cause this issue. Your thoughts.
After a few months went by with a intermittent "slow jack" condition, my LCI leveling system finally failed completely. Turns out the hydraulic pump had gone bad. This is on a 2020 Outlaw 38 MB. I ordered and installed a new pump. The knock off online pump fit and functions fine. 20 minute install. I had my old pump rebuilt and carry now as a spare. The original appears to be Chinese junk that didn't operate 20 cycles before burning up. Your clicking sound makes me believe this may be your issue.
Old 05-22-2024, 11:59 PM   #18

THOR #26066
Thanks, my diagnosis is the same so when I get to a place where I have clean access I will repair. Where did you get your replacement, also how do you like the MB. I think that will be my next rv.
Old 05-23-2024, 02:44 PM   #19

Model: Omni RS36
THOR #30872
Quote:
Thanks, my diagnosis is the same so when I get to a place where I have clean access I will repair. Where did you get your replacement, also how do you like the MB. I think that will be my next rv.
I would like to know too. We run a few trucks at work that have lift gates that run on electric hydro pumps and the they fail often. We stock the motors. I would like to stock one for my RV too.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:14 PM   #20

THOR #31941
The one I used...

Quote:
I ordered the NOVOPARTS Hydraulic Pump Motor 179327 414850
I comes with a new coupling and can be operated manually if necessary.
(Some of them cannot)
It was still $800 with tax but a lot less than the OEM Lippert pump which is also Chinese. This pump fit perfectly. The electrical connections were a bit smaller which required washers. No biggie.

As to the Outlaw 38MB, love everything about it. It took some TLC and $$$ to get it to drive better (F53). Suspension parts, alignment, etc. All said, I think adjusting tire pressure caused the biggest improvement. I also made it quieter all around. Doghouse and air conditioners. Love the layout and toy hauler aspects.