Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2022, 07:04 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Oklahoma
THOR #26486
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryD View Post
I have not had a chance to work on it, RV is parked in Orlando and Im in NY. Morimoto support said that they believe there should be a DRL (daylight running lights) option that can be disabled in the menu that should fix it. Please let me know if you figure it out.

So the option is in the Ford truck menu? Ok I will try it today - thanks for the quick reply...planning on a Easter trip with the family but that will not happen if I cannot fix the buzzing

Old 04-11-2022, 07:05 PM   #22

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
My miramotos buzz if I have the right combination of front lights on.
Try turning off the fog light switch.
Mine is some light switch combination of some sort(I don't know that it is indeed the fog lamp switch. Whatever the combo is, I've only done it,once...then quit doing it)

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:08 PM   #23

Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDub View Post
So the option is in the Ford truck menu? Ok I will try it today - thanks for the quick reply...planning on a Easter trip with the family but that will not happen if I cannot fix the buzzing
I just drove with the high beams on during daylight hours. Didn't seem to bother anyone.
Old 04-11-2022, 07:50 PM   #24

THOR #26486
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
My miramotos buzz if I have the right combination of front lights on.
Try turning off the fog light switch.
Mine is some light switch combination of some sort(I don't know that it is indeed the fog lamp switch. Whatever the combo is, I've only done it,once...then quit doing it)

Tried all of the above didn't work...

Sent the video to techs to see what the solve is frustrating. Thanks for the help guys I will see if I can post the video clip
Old 04-11-2022, 09:28 PM   #25

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I just now tried every light combo I have and I can't get it to buzz again.
It only did it once, months ago.
But
High beam does cause some video interference in my overhead video display.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:07 PM   #26

THOR #26486
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I just now tried every light combo I have and I can't get it to buzz again.
It only did it once, months ago.
But
High beam does cause some video interference in my overhead video display.
I finally spoke with Morimoto and they have one other case of the buzzing and the issue was with the entire headlight assembly. So I am looking at the headlight to see if their is buzzing or if it is the capacitor? Stand by but the noise is absolutely loud and unbearable for me and it stays on when in drive.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 04-12-2022, 09:30 PM   #27

THOR #20809
Quote:
I finally spoke with Morimoto and they have one other case of the buzzing and the issue was with the entire headlight assembly. So I am looking at the headlight to see if their is buzzing or if it is the capacitor? Stand by but the noise is absolutely loud and unbearable for me and it stays on when in drive.

Thanks for the feedback!
seems you can disable DRL with forscan and an odb2 reader. forscan is free for 2 months use at forscan.org
Old 04-13-2022, 10:27 PM   #28

THOR #26486
Quote:
seems you can disable DRL with forscan and an odb2 reader. forscan is free for 2 months use at forscan.org
Larry - thank you!

Ok folks here is the latest update from the LED saga.

- Spoke with Morimoto (Travis) and they said the same thing so I got the Forscan and laptop with my installer and we checked the menu...a couple of items of interest:
1) The DRL's are off from the factory settings with the 2021 F550 with Halogen lights
2) We turned the DRL's on and off to see if this would help it did not
3) We completely removed the DRL connector from the fuse box to see if it was the DRL
4) The buzzing is ONLY coming from the center stack - not from the lights or fuse box

None of these work to fix the problem but I found a couple of interesting items of note.

The buzzing noise comes on when the unit is...
In Park
- Low bean is on
- DRL is on
- No sound on auto or off settings?
In Drive, Manual & Reverse
- All lighting modes buzz EXCEPT when I turn the high beams on when the low beam is on....that stops the noise completely

Morimoto's answer was a bit disappointing and that was we only had 3 issues like this happen for the last year so it's not enough to investigate it so just return it...
Old 04-13-2022, 10:32 PM   #29

THOR #26486
Just got off the phone with a old custom audio expert that did some custom audio work for my Yukon Denali XL and based on the video's and the symptoms I sent him to review, he believes that the low beams and DRL's may not have enough load which is causing the buzzing to occur in the center stack. He will be metering each wire and believes adding a capacitor to boost the low beams / DRL's will solve the issue (or something to that effect). So he will look at it next week to see if this helps. Outside of that if this does not work I will be returning these lights.

Stand by as I hope this fix works
Old 04-14-2022, 12:02 AM   #30
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Just got off the phone with a old custom audio expert that did some custom audio work for my Yukon Denali XL and based on the video's and the symptoms I sent him to review, he believes that the low beams and DRL's may not have enough load which is causing the buzzing to occur in the center stack. He will be metering each wire and believes adding a capacitor to boost the low beams / DRL's will solve the issue (or something to that effect). So he will look at it next week to see if this helps. Outside of that if this does not work I will be returning these lights.

A capacitor provides zero load in a DC system. IF the cause is less current through the LEDs than the answer is a resistor in parallel to increase the current from the source. This is a known solution for LED bulb upgrades in CAN buss cars. But since headlight LEDs pull so much current I doubt this is your issue.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 12:10 AM   #31

THOR #20809
Quote:

2 things. Please please PLEASE document the fix so we can replicate. Im willing to pay for a duplicate of whatever he comes up with, second, were you able too locate the buzzer? Im willing to pull the buzzer if theres no other solution.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:06 AM   #32

THOR #26486
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
A capacitor provides zero load in a DC system. IF the cause is less current through the LEDs than the answer is a resistor in parallel to increase the current from the source. This is a known solution for LED bulb upgrades in CAN buss cars. But since headlight LEDs pull so much current I doubt this is your issue.
I am paraphrasing on the capacitor - all I know is my audio guy is going to start by checking each source / wire with a meter and then determine what the issue is. Regardless since the manufacturer is not willing to assist it's this or it gets returned
Old 04-14-2022, 02:07 AM   #33

THOR #26486
Quote:
2 things. Please please PLEASE document the fix so we can replicate. Im willing to pay for a duplicate of whatever he comes up with, second, were you able too locate the buzzer? Im willing to pull the buzzer if theres no other solution.
Larry,

Yes I will document everything and no the buzzing is the entire center stack...I feel confident that my audio guy can at least tell me what is going on. I really want these lights to work and when they do I have no issues sharing that with you and the manufacturer to help others out.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:30 AM   #34
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
If it is a DC load problem, you will need a resistor to increase the load. I retro fitted LED headlights on my GMC. The LED's came with an adapter harness that had a load resistor built in. I never had a problem with them. I parked my truck six feet from a wall and marked the light pattern. I installed the new LED bulbs and made sure that the pattern was the same as not to blind any on coming traffic.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:48 AM   #35

THOR #26486
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP View Post
If it is a DC load problem, you will need a resistor to increase the load. I retro fitted LED headlights on my GMC. The LED's came with an adapter harness that had a load resistor built in. I never had a problem with them. I parked my truck six feet from a wall and marked the light pattern. I installed the new LED bulbs and made sure that the pattern was the same as not to blind any on coming traffic.
Yes I believe that is what my guy say - either way we will find out thanks everyone for the feedback. I will make sure to document everything!
Old 04-14-2022, 02:30 PM   #36

THOR #20809
Quote:
Yes I believe that is what my guy say - either way we will find out thanks everyone for the feedback. I will make sure to document everything!
Thank you, looking forward to your reply! One more item to consider, Travis from Morimoto insists its due to the motorhome conversion. So the question is, whats different between stock and how Thors modified it? The only thing I can think of is maybe the fog lights? I dont think those are OEM but dont know for sure. Maybe disconnect them? I converted mine to LED bulbs so thats either not helping or making it worse. I'll try and disconnect when I get down there in the next few weeks. I just dont get why these would work on a stock vehicle but not on ours....
Old 04-14-2022, 03:38 PM   #37

Model: 34E Hurricane
State: Michigan
THOR #25490
I cannot say who said this, but this is what they said:
"I can state from experience that if a cheap or improper LED bulb is installed on a vehicle some buzzing can be heard. I don’t have any details but yes, it is possible. There are articles on Google that provide information on the issue."
Old 04-14-2022, 04:28 PM   #38

THOR #26486
Quote:
Thank you, looking forward to your reply! One more item to consider, Travis from Morimoto insists its due to the motorhome conversion. So the question is, whats different between stock and how Thors modified it? The only thing I can think of is maybe the fog lights? I dont think those are OEM but dont know for sure. Maybe disconnect them? I converted mine to LED bulbs so thats either not helping or making it worse. I'll try and disconnect when I get down there in the next few weeks. I just dont get why these would work on a stock vehicle but not on ours....
In my opinion that is a give up answer from Travis (I see more and more companies not standing behind their product or providing good customer service especially when you have customers that are willing to work with you)...either way I will review and adjust as needed next week. Thanks to people in this community we will figure it out.
Old 04-14-2022, 04:45 PM   #39

Model: 34E Hurricane
State: Michigan
THOR #25490
I have burned out many alternators with air craft lamps on my 64 Caddy.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:36 PM   #40
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappy2 View Post
I have burned out many alternators with those.
With what?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote