Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-31-2023, 02:09 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magitude SV34
State: Alabama
Posts: 16
THOR #25156
Loss of Power to 2 receptacles

Watching tv and power goes out to TV receptacle and receptacle over dining bench.

We have checked fuses, breakers, tested other receptacles. It seems these 2 are the only without power.

__________________
Liscio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 02:39 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
ducksface's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
Posts: 6,921
THOR #13932
Ours was a shorted wire in our slide mounted receptacle.
It would not trip a breaker, blow a fuse, trip the generator, trip the inverter, or trip our surge dongle. Only when the slide was fully out and only in that last 16th of an inch of travel...it would trip only the shore breaker.

Just sayin'.

Try harder to analyze, then report back hare with enough/more info.
__________________
Below is a link to most of my modifications either accomplished or pending.
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...n-18996-3.html

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 04:23 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
The Gritz Carlton's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
Posts: 5,850
THOR #11130
Check your inverter if you have one. Next, check the breakers in the actual outlets in your bathroom or near your sink.
__________________
Now an SOB
Traded Thor for Melbourne Prestige 24NP
2018 THOR Chateau 35SF
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 04:24 PM   #4
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 14,355
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liscio View Post
Watching tv and power goes out to TV receptacle and receptacle over dining bench.

We have checked fuses, breakers, tested other receptacles. It seems these 2 are the only without power.
Year/Make/Model of RV will get you better targeted answers.
Using SP or boondocking?

Otherwise - Common Issues:

Tripped GFCI receptacle - probably not since most TV receptacles are not GFCI but not out of the question.

Receptacle wiring connection just gave up - usually happens on high current draw or after traveling (high vibration) - so again, not likely.

Receptacles are running on the inverter and the house batteries are now dead or the inverter gave up the ghost of the integrated inverter ATS quit, Only applicable if you have an inverter.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad - Selling
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 07:56 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
Posts: 4,884
THOR #6826
The style of outlets used in RVs makes them quite susceptible to failure. They are not like normal outlets which have individual wires attached to terminals. These just pass through a slot that cuts through the insulation and contacts the conductor within. If you are knowledgeable and comfortable with such things you can take them apart and see if thatís the problem. With the electric cut off, of course.
__________________
Pete'sMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 09:02 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
Posts: 316
THOR #21278
I think this is what happened to our electrical outlet underneath the dining table (on the bench). I tried to look and saw an unfamiliar backside of the outlet. When I took our MH back to the dealer for some other issues (including this one), they told me the wire came loose. All the did was re-attach them. Like I said, it looked different. That is why I was not able to see the loose wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
The style of outlets used in RVs makes them quite susceptible to failure. They are not like normal outlets which have individual wires attached to terminals. These just pass through a slot that cuts through the insulation and contacts the conductor within. If you are knowledgeable and comfortable with such things you can take them apart and see if thatís the problem. With the electric cut off, of course.
__________________
2021 Thor ACE 33.1
2015 Forest River Forester 2861DS
2012 Milan Eclipse
ador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 02:02 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
chunker21's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
Posts: 1,750
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Year/Make/Model of RV will get you better targeted answers.
Using SP or boondocking?

Otherwise - Common Issues:

Tripped GFCI receptacle - probably not since most TV receptacles are not GFCI but not out of the question.

Receptacle wiring connection just gave up - usually happens on high current draw or after traveling (high vibration) - so again, not likely.

Receptacles are running on the inverter and the house batteries are now dead or the inverter gave up the ghost of the integrated inverter ATS quit, Only applicable if you have an inverter.
While the TV isn't required to be on a GFCI it commonly will be on that type circuit just because it's there. I'd check the GFCI plugs first. Those 15amp circuits can get quickly overloaded when someone turns on a couple high amp devices such as hairdryer and such.
__________________
2022 Renegade Valencia 35MB
2021 Jeep Gladiator
2019 Harley Davidson FLHTC
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 06:07 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
Posts: 5
THOR #15005
Extensive troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liscio View Post
Watching tv and power goes out to TV receptacle and receptacle over dining bench.

We have checked fuses, breakers, tested other receptacles. It seems these 2 are the only without power.
Our TV out and dining room table took a trip back to Thor. Several RV repair guys failed to find it. Thor had to pull the front TV and valance and found a short behind that.
__________________
Davemcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2