Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2021, 12:48 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Maybe it's the, never mind no way it could it be that. Carry on.

Old 05-26-2021, 09:04 PM   #22

Model: Chateau 31W
State: Rhode Island
THOR #19146
Without a better description by the OP characterizing the noise he's hearing it's hard to say what it might be, so all we can do is speculate and make educated guesses based on our own experiences. My 2019 Chateau used to make a loud continuous noise upon starting and while idling. It was caused by the tail pipe contacting and rapidly vibrating against the body/frame of the coach where it exits just behind the right rear wheels.
Old 05-26-2021, 10:12 PM   #23

Model: Freedom Elite 24HE (24F)
State: Michigan
THOR #17874
My class C doesn't have levelers but has rear electric stabilizer jacks. They have an alarm that sounds like the smoke detector but constant tone OP described if you start the engine without fully retracting them.

If you have them, give the retract button on each one a couple bumps and see if it stops. It's also possible the wire to the limit switch at the jack corroded off since Thor uses hardware store butt connectors on wiring exposed to spray from wet pavement under the chassis. I had to replace all the ones for my baggage compartment lights and the gray tank level sensor since they all rusted and the wires fell out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210418_125532.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	30835  
Old 05-27-2021, 01:16 PM   #24

Model: Aria 3901
State: Arizona
THOR #11568
Kwikee steps

Since we are on the subject, I left Dallas a few days ago and my steps were working on the 18 Aria 3901. Next stop north of San Angelo after driving through heavy rain in Dallas, steps did not extend when I opened the door to get deer corn for the DW. All fuses check good and I now have the wiring diagram and Kwikee testing guide so will check after golf. Any other ideas on what may have happened. Will have to lift air bags to get under to the motor and controls. Thanks
Old 05-27-2021, 01:20 PM   #25

Model: Aria 3901
THOR #11568
Kwikee steps

Since steps were mentioned, my steps on the Aria won’t extend after a drive through heavy rain in Dallas. Fuses are good and I now have the wiring diagram and Kwikee manual from Thor. Will check more after golf today. Any possible ideas out there. Thanks
Old 05-27-2021, 01:44 PM   #26

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebo53AZ View Post
Since steps were mentioned, my steps on the Aria won’t extend after a drive through heavy rain in Dallas. Fuses are good and I now have the wiring diagram and Kwikee manual from Thor. Will check more after golf today. Any possible ideas out there. Thanks
Yeah, keep your hands low in the finish...
Old 05-27-2021, 01:54 PM   #27
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Has Possum stopped back in yet?
It would be nice to know if a solution has been found.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:01 AM   #28

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Steps are inside on class C. Sounds exactly like the stabilizer warning. They are on a bar assembly near the rear, with scissor jacks on each end, operated independently with two rocker switches near the step well. After once ignoring that "quiet" alarm, I nicely bent mine. What fun trying to straighten stab jacks while laying in mud in the rain.

I'm getting Big Foot levelers installed in little over a week... I hope they have a taser attachment for numbskulls like me!
Old 06-10-2021, 11:58 AM   #29

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Has Possum stopped back in yet?
It would be nice to know if a solution has been found.
Another "1 poster" and gone. Shame people don't follow up when they ask a question. I know you have to start someplace on a forum but I dread seeing "1 Post" by a thread.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:31 PM   #30

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Another "1 poster" and gone. Shame people don't follow up when they ask a question. I know you have to start someplace on a forum but I dread seeing "1 Post" by a thread.
They should consider a rule that whenever someone creates a new post, that a reminder pops up to the OP upon creating a new thread that as a courtesy they should respond or follow-up to their thread. Any thread with no response from OP after 7 days is subject to removal or closure.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 01:06 PM   #31
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
They should consider a rule that whenever someone creates a new post, that a reminder pops up to the OP upon creating a new thread that as a courtesy they should respond or follow-up to their thread. Any thread with no response from OP after 7 days is subject to removal or closure.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1623330379
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thread Police.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	31254  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 01:28 PM   #32
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Quote:
Some create a thread and although they don't post back in it they come back to the forum and read the responses. This OP hasn't even been back to the forum since he posted this question. Maybe he forgot his login credentials?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 02:30 PM   #33

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Some create a thread and although they don't post back in it they come back to the forum and read the responses. This OP hasn't even been back to the forum since he posted this question. Maybe he forgot his login credentials?
You are so nice and understanding, sometimes.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:23 PM   #34

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post

Fair enough, sounds like some more thought that I had not considered. There are other ways to address my personal sanity, i.e. I use ebay quite a bit... but I never buy from any Seller that has 1 or fewer sales, and/or have a Seller rating less than 98%.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 06-11-2021, 02:51 AM   #35

THOR #13058
Quote:
That's hilarious, and to think I got fired by the ACE on my 1st day on the job. Didn't even get to complete the shift
Old 06-29-2021, 10:15 PM   #36

Model: FR Lexington 255 GTS
THOR #24016
Quote:
Since we are on the subject, I left Dallas a few days ago and my steps were working on the 18 Aria 3901. Next stop north of San Angelo after driving through heavy rain in Dallas, steps did not extend when I opened the door to get deer corn for the DW. All fuses check good and I now have the wiring diagram and Kwikee testing guide so will check after golf. Any other ideas on what may have happened. Will have to lift air bags to get under to the motor and controls. Thanks
Quote:
I recently had a step issue where the steps would not retract and the normal troubleshooting of the electrics indicated nothing amiss. And each time I teased (with magnet) the sensor at the coach door there was an audible "click" as though it was trying to engage but something was holding it up. On a whim I reached in with a tool in order to just rotate or roll the two 2 socketed ends of a connecting rod that had a ball and socket joint at each end. I did not make any atrempt at changing the length of that rod by unlocking the sockets and adjusting the overall length - that's set at the factory on my steps (14 yewars ago, I'm guessing). After the hopeful nudging, I then teased the sensor again and the steps retracted immediately after that slight movement and have worked fine since. The sockets stopped in the exact spot to lock up the mechanism - no wiring fault, no motor or module fault, no drive gear fault. No question I need to obtain and apply the appropriate lubricant on those moving parts. They reside in one of the worst environments being blasted by water, dirt and sand, grim, snow, etc from the passenger side steer tire.
I hope you found/find your step's gremlim.
Old 06-29-2021, 10:28 PM   #37
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
That's hilarious, and to think I got fired by the ACE on my 1st day on the job. Didn't even get to complete the shift

Did you get a nice severance package?
Old 06-29-2021, 11:13 PM   #38

THOR #13058
Quote:

Did you get a nice severance package?
I got Nothing.... something about me living in a Right to Work state and being a SOB
Old 06-29-2021, 11:40 PM   #39

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
Yeah, keep your hands low in the finish...
Finish low and turn to your left. Ie: Charlie Hoffman

Tags
noise