Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-04-2021, 04:13 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybear View Post
No sign of this in our BH35, but every darn time I read one of these and think to myself "nope, not me"...

*sigh*
The sheet vinyl is floating, not glued to the underlayment. I checked mine by removing the duct registers and it's securely taped along the edges of the vinyl down into the vent box. As such, air come up not under the floor. Yours may be like mine in that respect. Thor did something right.

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 03:32 PM   #22

State: Arkansas
THOR #22858
cheaper than dryer vent hose??

I agree took of a few access panels and found the interior radient heating inside the cabinets was wonderful!?!? I have some dual wall flex ordered. Another winter maint. project. I kind of would rather have the heater work better in the cabin than inside the cabinets!
previous: FR North Trail TT 36 Ft Bunk house 2 slide
previous: Wilderness TT 28' front bed rear two bunk
Don_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 03:45 PM   #23

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
What I did find was the heater box under the wardrobe. The 4 ducting connectors that connect the flexible round ducting to the box. They rotate and clip into the heater box. Not securely and leak. I put some foil tape around the edges as best I could but it's not a 100% job. I'd have to take the heater out to do that. But that makes your clothes in the wardrobe toasty warm.
Last year when we first used the heater our wardrobe was hot, clothes were toasty warm. When we got home I pulled the cover off the heater and found 2 of the 4 hoses not connected, went and purchased some large hose clamps, they wont ever come off again, while I was in there I sealed everything up.
Old 12-04-2021, 04:56 PM   #24

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
Last year when we first used the heater our wardrobe was hot, clothes were toasty warm. When we got home I pulled the cover off the heater and found 2 of the 4 hoses not connected, went and purchased some large hose clamps, they wont ever come off again, while I was in there I sealed everything up.
I had 1 hose not connected but when putting it back on, hose clamp was there just not securing the hose, saw the gaps and loose connectors.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 12-04-2021, 07:01 PM   #25

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Vegas/Axis vinyl is also “floating”
Mine puffs up occasionally in the cab area.
I slide it back under the molding and it’s fine.

Funny story….
- when I was looking at new 2018 Vegas/Axis at the dealer the first thing I noticed when I entered the coach was a bubbled floor.
- the response by the salesman…
“No big deal, that’s a bad lay
Old 12-22-2021, 11:02 AM   #26

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezrvz View Post
Yeah I tried taping the way you suggested down a ways into the duct which just runs a short bit as metal then they just let the wood channel carry the air after that. I ran a borescope down in and there are big gaps where the wood butts up against things. I pulled out the bottom drawers in the bedroom closet and saw that the flexible ducts from the furnace just had these little short screws holding them down and no seal so I foil taped them down too. Good heat comes out of the one vent exiting the lower dresser. I'm guessing not having dedicated ducting and using just the wood framing to carry the air is the reason. They are using cheaper than dryer vent material. If I can find a way to fish some flexible ducting end-to-end it would probably be shweet.
I'm on a short trip and it was in the 30's last night so I had the furnace running some. In the Omni the furnace is in the far left rear under the wardrobe. Previous inspection and cleaning in that area showed the furnace has 4 outlets, 1 goes to a round register/outlet in the BR and 3 go down to I supposed to the floor ducting which has 3 rectangular floor registers forward in the living areas. The bedroom floor was very warm, not a localized narrow path going forward to the floor registers but a wide area. The 3 front registers got much less warm air and especially the most forward one. The floor certainly wasn't warm like the BR. I earlier tried to use the borescope in the hall and bath ducting but couldn't tell much. Confusing ducting?? if any. I also made a baffle for the shop vac and vacuumed vast quantities of sawdust and debris out.

Your supposition that the heating ducting is no more than just the floor framing is likely correct. Doesn't look like there is any remedy for the issue except running a couple space heaters in the LR areas. That means either shore power our using the generator. The BR got very warm since the heater is back there, the obvious leakage into the floor area and the sensor for the thermostat by the big window in the right front side. Terrible design and execution. I'd hate to be in this in temps much below freezing.

On the positive side when I got up the BR floor was toasty warm on my feet.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ