Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-25-2022, 02:01 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Utah
THOR #19910
Magnitude/Omni Console Draft?

Since we're already talking about Thor quality issues (looking at you end cap!), is anyone else having issues with a draft coming from the center console between the seats?

We took a trip down south from up here in the almost frozen north, and we had to have the heater going full blast to keep our tushies from sticking to the seats.

As far as I can make out, Thor just fabbed up a metal box over the extended driveshaft tunnel, and screwed a metal plate over the top.

I'm thinking I'll need to remove the cupholder and the carpet, and insulate the metal box. Then I'll install edge seals over the sides so that when the top is replaced, the thing is sealed. That is, unless anyone has experience with this issue and has a better idea...

2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi (TOAD!)
2013 Harley FLHCUI
Greybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 09:19 AM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Magnitude/Omni Console Draft?

I highly doubt it is anything to do with the carpeted area in the cab. That is all F-550… but it is what they attached to the cab.

I’d bet that it’s your wing-walls. Pull the two panels behind the driver’s and passenger’s seat. Your will need to pop off the three decorative screw caps on the panel and two
more behind the seats. Then remove the five screws and the panels will lift right out.

You will likely see gaps at the wing-walls where they meet the cab and openings at the floor where the wing walls and house box are connected to the cab.

The Thor Factory Service Center told me they sealed up my wing-walls with foam during their feable attempt to fix my front cap 2-years ago. I just pulled the panels in my SV34 to fix my front cap once and for all and while there was spray foam in there, it looked like a 5-year old did it. There was still a gap in the floor on one side and a gap at the wing-wall and the cab seam.

If you have that much cold air coming in I’ll bet you will find a gap in the floor behind each seat and possibly gaps where the wing-walls are attached to the cab.

I just used a can of spray foam last night to seal it up better before I put the panels back on.
Old 10-25-2022, 05:31 PM   #3

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Agree with Judge...its nothing to do with the Ford part. Some of the chassis come with a center console from the factory. Thor removed mine and installed a flat, steel plate with carpet glued to it. It makes a nice space for Bugsie to sit while underway. They may have modified yours and left holes unplugged in that area. As stated, it's most likely an unsealed gap between the camper body where it meets the back of the cab near the floor area behind the console.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote