Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-22-2022, 03:14 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Iowa
THOR #26576
Magnitude xg32 shower leaking

I have a new 2022 Magnitude and the first time we took it camping we noticed water on the bathroom floor when taking a shower. I removed the small access panel under the shower and the water seems to be leaking there. I dried it off and ran the shower and the water was present. So, I ended up taking the coach to the dealer and there it sets. I’m starting to regret that decision since they won’t give me a timeframe of when they will be able to look at.

I’m planning to pick up Monday and see if I can locate the problem. I’ve read a number of posts about previous leaks that gives me a few things to try. I did notice that the drain pipe fittings seemed very loose. I tightened them by hand and still noticed water which is why I originally took it to the dealer.

On the xg32 is everything pretty accessible? I don’t want to make my problem worse but I can’t help but think it’s something simple. I also don’t trust the dealer to have competent techs for this coach.

Old 05-22-2022, 04:34 PM   #2

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
All great points. Go get it and dive in. There's no better education than DIY. The dealer network is no better than the manufacturing processes. It's a tough price to pay just to see the world from an RV but its all we got. Take things apart, analyze, repair or post pics and ask advice here. No issues hasn't been resolved yet by this process.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 04:51 PM   #3

State: Iowa
THOR #26576
My first task is to see if the leak is from the drain. Then I’ll move to the mixer valve. I assume that’s behind the shower faucet, correct?

I have the schematics for the fresh water and waste water so there isn’t much to look at. Is there any access to back of shower from the bedroom?
Old 05-24-2022, 06:55 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds
State: California
THOR #24260
Run shower water in a bucket, no water drain issue, water, mixing valve.
Terry
Semper Fi
Pillbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:01 PM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillbox View Post
Run shower water in a bucket, no water drain issue, water, mixing valve.
Terry
And conversely, pour a bucket of water in the shower - no leaks? Gotta be the mixing valve.

My bet is on the drain - seems to be too frequent a problem among all Thor lines.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 02:42 AM   #6

State: Washington
THOR #26992
Leaky Shower

I had the exact same problem with my new Magnitude SV34. For my issue, it looked like they glued some of the p-trap components and let them dry before tightening the p-trap fittings. Tightening any of the fittings would just pull everything out of alignment and would start leaking again so it was a fruitless effort.

After a few failed attempts and some choice words. I went to the hardware store and replaced everything from the shower drain down through the p-trap. I used a slip/compression fitting to connect the shower drain to the p-trap so any flexing in the shower floor would not cause fittings to come loose. It's working perfectly now!
Old 05-30-2022, 04:12 AM   #7

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
My XG32 shower leaked but it was the enclosure leaking especially around the right corner as you view it standing outside the shower. The amount made it look like it was coming from under. A tube of clear silicone caulk fixed that and no I didn't take it to the dealer. But while you have the access panel off, add some supports to the shower pans. I took some short pieces of 2x4 and some 4" squares of 3/8" plywood and slid in to help the support. Pan is very spongy. Check judges posts and how he fixed his. There wasn't room under the XG32 shower for what he used but maybe you can find an equivalent. Plumbing connections under mine were tight and not leaking. Doesn't mean yours aren't though.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 03:24 PM   #8

State: Washington
THOR #26992
Totally the drain in my case

For my issue, it was very obviously the shower drain components leaking (in several places). But I have had coaches in the past where the enclosure was leaking. The replacement was fairly easy once I decided to stop trying to tighten fittings that would never seat properly.

I also added some extra support while I was under the shower, mostly to make me feel better and not because of excess flexing.
Old 06-01-2022, 08:39 PM   #9

Model: 2019 Freedom Traveler A30
State: Oregon
THOR #15824
I have a different rig but also had a leak that was obviously coming from a cracked fitting just below the drain. This seemed to be related to a lateral offset of at least a half inch between the upper and lower portions of the obviously custom-made p-trap. The cracked fitting was the result of this offset in the setting of poor support under the shower pan and repeated added stress at the already stressed fitting due to slight flexing of the shower pan while using the shower. I ended up re-creating the proximal end of the p-trap, inserting a rubber, semi-flexible, piece of piping. I'd like to better support the shower pan but because of the presence of a heating duct there just isn't much room under there! The pic is of the completed fix. Working well - no subsequent leaks.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0775.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	37805
Old 06-02-2022, 01:43 PM   #10

Model: Outlaw 38MB
THOR #18099
Shower Leak on new MoHo

Had the same symptoms on our brand new Outlaw 38. We went through all the possible options and inspections mentioned. No competent dealer around here so that wasn't an option. Finally I disassembled the glass sliding shower enclosure as it was never sealed properly at the sides and bottom. After taking it apart it was obvious how the water was finding its way out. Put it back together with calking in the logical places and never leaked a drop since. Note: the plastic shower shell was not the problem. It is intentionally not sealed at the top between the plastic shell and the wall. This is supposed to breath or something. The sloppy assembly of the metal and glass shower enclosure was our problem. Hope this helps you diagnose and repair.
Old 06-18-2022, 10:01 PM   #11

State: Alaska
THOR #18758
Check the Hepvo valve connection. Mine had a piece of pvc pipe under the 90 degree connector that ran from the main drain line to the shower drain. Over time, stepping on the drain on one end and the pipe supported solidly (no give at all) on the other, it created a gap at the connector.
I have a few other plumbing issues if you'd like to hear them just pm me.
I have been living for over one year full-time in ours and she's holding up pretty good.
Old 06-23-2022, 10:44 PM   #12

Model: Magnitude BH35
State: Colorado
THOR #20053
JeffC, follow the advice from DynJim36 and Frankomd- Thor uses the cheapest plastic piper parts and p-traps and then has installers, not plumbers assemble everything. So there is a good chance that you can have your joints and p-traps under a lot of twisting and turning placing a ton of pressure on the joints just waiting to crack or break. After a month with my 2020 Magnitude BH35, the shower connection to the p-trap just completely broke. I fixed with the a semi ridged slide connector from the shower drain to the top of the p-trap then completely cut out and replaced the p-trap. No issues since and I think there is enough give in all the connections now that I should not have any issues moving forward, with all the bumps, twisting and turning that happens as we drive down the roads.
meyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:31 AM   #13

Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
I had a shower leak in My Hurricane that was coming from the joint of the glass door (the part that doesn't move) and the bottom aluminum frame.
Water was splashing on the glass, going down and entering that frame and then leaking.
Very little silicon between the glass and that frame did the trick for us.
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 02:54 AM   #14
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
I was going to say something smart a*s like it sucks to be you, but it sucks to be all of us at times. Failed front AC in Las Vegas at 105*. AC price up $900.00 in the last six months. 4K later and two days, a new and better AC. 15k vs 13.5k, quieter, colder, and much less power. Life goes on once fixed. I learned how to keep the two Boston Terriers cool with cold water towels, fan, and keep them on the rear bed's comforter. 94* up front only do to the fact that I added front exterior screens to the front and side front windows a day before. The screens do make a big difference when facing the sun. I went out and purchased a second fan for the front to make it sort of livable. All your leaks will be solved and fixed.

Note that when we got home, we had ANTS! Little black almost no kill them ANTS. Oh what fun!

Tags
magnitude, shower leak