Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2017, 02:09 PM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
It seems that you DO have some choices...

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:41 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #12167
Unhappy Full slide out

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncii View Post
2017 Quantum KM24 full slide.
Have you had any problems? We just bought a 2018 KM24 in May 2018 and the first time I tried to retract slide out it failed (owned for 3 days) repaired by an outstanding dealership 4 hours away from our home and dealer didn’t feel comfortable with repair ordered by Thor. They requested rollers to be added but Thor denied request and told them unit was fine and would work properly. We left for our 2 week trip to Yellowstone and 1 week into our trip slide out failed again to retract. We spent a week without slideout 2 adults, 1 14 year old lab and a small dog...crazy tight! Back in the shop. We’ve owned our rig for 39 days and it’s been in the shop for 25 days. Did we make a mistake?
Old 07-01-2018, 06:34 PM   #23

THOR #5477
I think everyone has had problems, but for the most part it is because we were all used to letting go of the slide "button" immediately after the slide was in or out. With this setup and manufacturer, you must hold the button for at least 5 seconds (or until you hear the motors stop) to keep the motors in sync. Hopefully the dealer has told you this.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:38 PM   #24

THOR #12167
Absolutely, I know about holding the button. The slide out pops and grinds and then stops working completely. When the slide out was extended the entire rig was no longer level and was leaning. I had to have a mobile mechanic retract the slide out.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:55 AM   #25

Model: 2015 ACE 29.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4359
Are your jacks down and the rv level before you put the slide out . The one time I ran my slide out without the jakes down and level it binded . Never did it again .
Old 07-02-2018, 11:23 AM   #26

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
I feel the "must have jacks down" is a CYA with manufacturers. If my coach is level, as it is with most CG's, I don't use jacks. the truck suspension is strong enough that we don't have the wobble as we did with previous TT. I've only used jacks twice in our last 7 set ups, including it sitting at home on level ground. Sometimes I think the jacks create an uneven torque against the body of the coach...i.e., all that creaking when they are doing their thing.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:04 AM   #27

Model: 2015 Hurricane 32n
State: Georgia
THOR #2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiee View Post
2015 Windsport 32n built in june 2014 has triple tract full wall slide system that has been trouble free so far!
Our 2015 Hurricane 32n also has TriTrax full wall slide. As I understand it, the 3 track system also as bigger motors than they used with the earlier models

We haven’t had any trouble except that it creeps out a half inch or so on winding mountain roads. A couple of travel lock bars solved that. We are careful about sweeping the floor every time before retracting the slide to avoid getting anything under it that. Also, we open the door whenever we extend or retract the slide. Because of the size, a bunch of air moves with it.

In general we are well pleased. With the full wall slide, the coach feels much bigger than it is.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:45 AM   #28

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
One question for those with full wall slides... how much space do you have when the slide is in? Is it functional? Can you get to the rear and can you use the kitchen, bath, etc.? That is always one of our main concerns when looking at them. They always show them on the lot with the slides extended.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:51 AM   #29

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Make the retract them for you. One of the biggest deal breakers for us was this access you mention. We can walk every inch of the coach and use every function, including all kitchen drawers and the mid bath with slides in. The bed mattress in the rear comes up to the front of wardrobe but you can lift the mattress or crawl over bed for rear bath. The dogs just run under the end of the mattress as the "Blondie" likes to sleep in the shower when traveling. Rear bath access is not needed while traveling, as we have a mid, half bath. Full access is a must and a major reason for buying a MH vs a travel trailer.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:41 AM   #30

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
We also have full access in our ws31. Other than the 4 lower drawers in the wardrobe pulling in against the bed, everything is fully functional.
As far as problems with the full slide, it has been working great. "knock-on-wood". LOL I left our portable electric heater at the end of the bed thinking it would fit fine when retracted, NOT. I partially crushed the heater before seeing it wasn't clearing the slide. I reversed direction, pulled the heater out and continued to retract the slide. Later at home I was able to return the heater to it's original shape and still using it.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:14 AM   #31

Model: Chateau 28F
THOR #2768
The 2015 Chateau 28F has a full side, 3 track slide. I love mine. No issues with the slide, or coach. It also is one of the few class C’s with a king size bed.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:03 PM   #32

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronmac View Post
The 2015 Chateau 28F has a full side, 3 track slide. I love mine. No issues with the slide, or coach. It also is one of the few class C’s with a king size bed.
Ooooo, I want your king bed!
Old 07-04-2018, 02:46 PM   #33

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Slides inherently are complex and all are to some degree subject to problems. IMO the full wall slide is so much bigger and heaver it would be even more prone to problems. I love what slides do as far as creating additional interior space, but it is all about trade-offs and costs. I am happy with the two small slides I currently have.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:10 AM   #34

Model: 32N
State: Oregon
THOR #11137
We own a Hurricane 32N with one loooog slide. Also had a Winnie 27 N with 3 slides.

I much prefer the 1 full length silde. Also only 1 slide to fail as opposed to 3.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:27 AM   #35

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
We own a Hurricane 32N with one loooog slide. Also had a Winnie 27 N with 3 slides.

I much prefer the 1 full length silde. Also only 1 slide to fail as opposed to 3.

I also prefer the whole wall slide. As you note, there are fewer potential failure points. Also, the slide only extends about 18 inches on ours while some smaller slides extend 30 or more. I think the physics work in my favor!
Old 07-05-2018, 03:39 AM   #36

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #37

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Iowa
THOR #4889
We traded our full wall slide 32n with 16 inch depth for a downsized Four Winds 24f with a full wall 32 inch slide. Both have the triple trax slide system. We never had a problem with the 32n and hope that will continue with the 24f.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:08 AM   #38

Model: Chateau 35SB Super C
State: Arizona
THOR #11482
We have a 2018 Chateau Super C 35SB with a full wall slide. We just got back from a 38 day trip and unless we helped the back part of the slide when retracting it, it would never go in all the way. Even with help there is a gap in the back no matter what we did or tried. I love the floorplan but the slide constantly worries us. It seems underpowered or something. We just returned from our trip and I will be getting it in to the dealer ASAP for them to figure out a way to fix it.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:21 PM   #39

State: Arizona
THOR #6671
My 2017 Quantum 31-foot has full slide and 3 tracks
Old 07-25-2018, 06:43 PM   #40
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I have to admit that I was kind of leery about a slide of that size...
Has the 3-Trax system proved to be reliable?
Or does it create potential problems of other kinds?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote