Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2022, 03:38 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2021 Thor Omni BH 35
State: Arizona
THOR #7398
Multiplex panel vegatouch

I am having a hard time figuring out why I have no power to my touchscreen. The power on the DC side is cometely out. I have checked all the fuses and breakers and still can't understand why I have no lights. I am plugged into shore power, the battery is charged and still nothing. The only thing I can think of is the 300 amp MRBF fuse on the battery may have blown, which I will check tomorrow. I called firefly and took the panel off and plugged the wire from the small box under the bed, and it lit right up. So I might have a bad wire. Could I be missing something? Anyone have any other place I can look?

Old 12-03-2022, 10:53 AM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
The 300A MRBF fuse is for the inverter and has nothing to do with the coach main 12V power.

So you are saying that if you plug the panel directly into the mainboard, it lights up and works normally?

If so, then you likely have a bad wire in the wiring harness. There is no fuse in the wiring harness that runs from the Gx Mainboard to the touchscreen.

It is possible a wire has gotten pinched and now you don't have power at the connector coming out of the wall. That would not be surprising given the lack of Thor's quality and workmanship when running the wiring throughout the coach.

If that is the case, it is going to be a major challenge trying to run a new cable. You will never be able to to do the same run they did at the factory.

I don't know where the panel is on the wall in the BH35 but if this happened in my SV34, I would contact Firefly and ask them them the length of their longest replacement wiring harness. I would then run a new wiring harness from the Gx Mainboard through the floor under the bed where all of the wiring comes into the electronics bay. I would then route the harness through the frame and over to the storage bin under my dinette area and then up through the floor under the dinette seat that is adjacent to the wall where my panel is mounted. I could then cut a hole in the wall under the dinette seat and fish the new cable up into the wall and to the opening where the panel mounts on the wall.
Old 12-03-2022, 04:45 PM   #3

Model: 2021 Thor Omni BH 35
State: Arizona
THOR #7398
Dang it! Ya I thought this was gonna be a wire issue. I can't figure where it would be pinched. Firefly was very helpful and the next time I call them will be Monday, so hopefully the will tell me the wire isn't that long.

My panel is between the bedroom, not very far from the bed where the circuits and wires are. So I might be lucky enough to fish it down the wall to the main board.

Thanks Judge!
Old 12-03-2022, 05:07 PM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
My panel is on the outside bathroom wall in the kitchen area. It’s pretty far from the G7 Mainboard under the bed. There would be no way I could fish a wire to where it located.

I actually looking at running wiring in this genersl area last year when I rewired the coach to use the Inverter to run any circuit. I had to go under the coach to do it.

The one thing you could do is inspect the actual connector on the panel side and mainboard side to look for a loose / bent pin or bad wire crimp there. You could also try to do a continuity test to see which wire is the culprit.

Otherwise the way Thor runs wiring it could be between an area that moves or vibrates a lot while driving and it wore through a wire. After being through the wiring throughout the coach I’m surprised we don’t see more wiring issues than we already do.

Good luck!