Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-19-2022, 10:03 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32
State: Michigan
THOR #26257
Newbie awning question

We are the proud new owners of a 2022 Omni XG32! And have our first question. When we were driving her home from Arizona to Michigan we were parked overnight in Rolla, MO when a t-storm moved thru. The next morning when we did our walk around before taking off we noticed the rear awning arm was out from the coach by about 6 inches. We put the awning out far enough to straighten the arm and rolled it back in. Problem solved. We watched it all the home and had no more issues. The previous owners of our house had put a 30 amp plug in the pole barn for their diesel pusher. We turned everything off (we had the dealership re-winterize her after our walk-thru) and let her sit while we waited for our dogbone and surge protector to arrive. We hooked it all up and flipped the breaker and a few minutes later heard a whirring noise we couldn’t place. It ended up being the awning arm moving out from the coach. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it something to just be aware of or do we have a potential problem? Want to take care of any issues under warranty while we can. Thanks!!

Old 03-20-2022, 12:56 PM   #2
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp2022 View Post
We are the proud new owners of a 2022 Omni XG32! And have our first question. When we were driving her home from Arizona to Michigan we were parked overnight in Rolla, MO when a t-storm moved thru. The next morning when we did our walk around before taking off we noticed the rear awning arm was out from the coach by about 6 inches. We put the awning out far enough to straighten the arm and rolled it back in. Problem solved. We watched it all the home and had no more issues. The previous owners of our house had put a 30 amp plug in the pole barn for their diesel pusher. We turned everything off (we had the dealership re-winterize her after our walk-thru) and let her sit while we waited for our dogbone and surge protector to arrive. We hooked it all up and flipped the breaker and a few minutes later heard a whirring noise we couldn’t place. It ended up being the awning arm moving out from the coach. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it something to just be aware of or do we have a potential problem? Want to take care of any issues under warranty while we can. Thanks!!
Maybe a sticky switch???
Old 03-20-2022, 01:43 PM   #3

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Greetings and Welcome to the forum

One arm freely moving isn't normal.
Probably just needs to be adjusted

If you don't have the awning owners manual you can download it from their website

Let us know
Old 03-20-2022, 03:02 PM   #4

THOR #26257
Thanks!

We don’t have half our manuals and called Thor and they told us they are out of most of them including the fridge manual. Go figure. We’ll look it up online and give it a shot. I will let you know. Thank you!
Old 03-20-2022, 06:29 PM   #5

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
You should be able to find many of your manuals at https://thor.mizecx.com/cc/cpSignIn.html
You have to sign up using the VIN of your chassis. Thor uses that VIN to know what manuals belong with your RV.
Old 03-20-2022, 07:03 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
We don’t have half our manuals and called Thor and they told us they are out of most of them including the fridge manual. Go figure. We’ll look it up online and give it a shot. I will let you know. Thank you!
Most manuals for RV accessories are easily found on the Internet (furnace, microwave, water heater, patio awning). A list of all the Thor MC installed items are listed with serial numbers can be found on the inside of the bedroom closet door, on most coaches. If you can't find the list, Thor MC can supply if if requested.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 09:36 PM   #7

Model: 2019 Synergy 24MB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #16965
For manuals, you might try: https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owners
Old 03-27-2022, 10:54 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
My awning used to do that when driving down the highway. Every big bump the arm would pop out from behind the awning. It was a simple adjustment of the leveling screw on that arm. Took maybe five minutes to fix.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 02:51 PM   #9

THOR #26257
Thank you. We will give that a try once it warms up a little. Another question. We are planning to be home for the holidays and then take off again in January. What are the recommendations to de-winterize after you leave your home? The only time where we live is inconvenient is when we travel. Takes four hours just to get out of Michigan.
Old 03-29-2022, 03:34 PM   #10

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Thank you. We will give that a try once it warms up a little. Another question. We are planning to be home for the holidays and then take off again in January. What are the recommendations to de-winterize after you leave your home? The only time where we live is inconvenient is when we travel. Takes four hours just to get out of Michigan.

I don't really understand your question but the process of winterizing and de-winterizing becomes really simple the more you understand your coach and the more you do it. Many have slightly modified the "intake" system for the draw-line for antifreeze just inbound of the pump whereby it becomes almost a quick disconnect. Weather is the division bell for you. Regarding "at your home"...de-winterizing can be done a few hundred miles down the road, at a rest area or anywhere in between your home and destination. I've left home winterized, de-winterize along the way and re-winterize before traveling into substantially freezing areas. The Super-C's have all the plumbing enclosed within the coach body and somewhat insulated other than the outdoor shower. It takes a pretty deep freeze for more than a day to have any affect on freezing.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 04:26 PM   #11

Model: 34E Hurricane
THOR #25490
Get it fixed before a bigger problem happens. That awning should not budge when parked and not commanded to open.
Old 04-02-2022, 06:47 PM   #12

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Manuals

Quote:
In regards to the awning, it sounds like a needed adjustment. Also you should have a wind sensor for automatic retract under certain conditions.

Most of the owners Manuel are downloadable on the Thor owners website. You sign up, enter your vin and bam, you can view a lot of docs pertaining to your unit.

I have a 2022 RB34, and there are known issues you need to check. There are a few threads that address them. Judge has a lot of postings pertaining to your super c class
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022 Thor Motor Coach Magnitude RB34 Class C Motorhome (Stock# 13992) 13.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	36748  
Old 04-02-2022, 06:54 PM   #13

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
If I understand your question accurately, you are wondering about traveling in cold temperatures to get to your destination after dewinterization. I have not traveled in my 2022 yet due to it being in service through the winter, but I had a Tuscany prior to my Magnitude and I traveled in weather down to -8, the only required addition I needed was running an extra heater in the water bay, but I did not have heated tanks. It did have a heated basement. On my 5th wheel I had to wait until I got to warm weather fir dewinterization .
williamprunty is offline   Reply With Quote