Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-21-2021, 12:09 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Texas
THOR #22781
No hot Water in bathroom sink/shower, no water pressure.

We have just purchased a new 2021 Thor Four Winds 31W, tankless hot water heater. There is hot water in the kitchen but only cold water in the bathroom.

There is no water pressure when you turn on the hot water faucets.

Any ideas?

Old 04-21-2021, 12:36 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wagner View Post
We have just purchased a new 2021 Thor Four Winds 31W, tankless hot water heater. There is hot water in the kitchen but only cold water in the bathroom.

There is no water pressure when you turn on the hot water faucets.

Any ideas?
This wasn’t a problem at the PDI and just started or was it not found during the PDI?
Old 04-21-2021, 12:47 AM   #3

THOR #22781
2021 Four Winds

Not found durring PDI, returned to dealer they said there was plastic debris in the lines fixed. Got home tested with water line from house, hot water works like it should in kitchen. No water pressure/hot water in sink/shower bathroom.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:13 AM   #4

Model: Omni
State: California
THOR #22133
Hi Jim,
I am far from an expert as I am a newbie. However, I watched a video on YouTube where a rig owner complained of this exact issue. He made an adjustment on the valve located on the tankless water heater. He turned it low and adjusted it as the water was flowing through the rig. Probably not your issue, but worth a shot. I apologize, but I can’t find the video. Good luck!

Pat
Old 04-21-2021, 11:40 AM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
If you are saying there is actually no flow coming from the hot side, then it does sound like a blockage in the plumbing and not an issue specific to the tankless; especially since you have hot water in the kitchen.

Construction debris in the PEX is a fairly common occurence. I would remove the strainers / metal screen from the faucets and the shower head. These will often collect small debris and cause the flow to drop substantially. I suppose if there is enough debris in the line, they could become blocked completely and stop the flow.

I would take off the strainers from every faucet and get as much water pressure as you can and open each faucet one at a time to try and flush the debris from the lines.

There is also a metal strainer at the water input at the back of the Girard tankess water heater. Thor told me they have been removing them in some coaches where flow has been a problem because they have gotten plugged up as well. That is probably not your issue since you have hot water in the kitchen.

You also want to be sure your fresh water filter is installed. They are not installed at the factory and if your dealer didn't install it for you, then you are not catching any debris coming in from he city water connection or fresh water tank before it hits the rest of the plumbing.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:45 AM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
If you are saying there is actually no flow coming from the hot side, then it does sound like a blockage in the plumbing and not an issue specific to the tankless; especially since you have hot water in the kitchen.

Construction debris in the PEX is a fairly common occurence. I would remove the strainers / metal screen from the faucets and the shower head. These will often collect small debris and cause the flow to drop substantially. I suppose if there is enough debris in the line, they could become blocked completely and stop the flow.

I would take off the strainers from every faucet and get as much water pressure as you can and open each faucet one at a time to try and flush the debris from the lines.

There is also a metal strainer at the water input to the Girard tankess water heater. Thor told me they have been removing them in some coaches where flow as been a problem because they have gotten plugged up as well.
Good recommendation for Judge. If it were me having the problem I would do one thing and that is to drain the water tank and then used compressed air to blow out the lines. Less mess if a blockage all of a sudden decides to break free.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:42 PM   #7

THOR #22781
No hot water/water pressure

Thank you very good input.
Old 02-23-2023, 09:09 PM   #8

State: Idaho
THOR #29104
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEasTexas View Post
Thank you very good input.
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue with a 2021 Thor Four Winds.
Old 02-23-2023, 09:48 PM   #9

THOR #22781
The hot water line was pinched when the slide out was in, dealer rerouted the hot water line that was in the slide out. Apparently not a hard fix dealer identified problem quickly.

No problems since then.
Old 02-23-2023, 09:55 PM   #10

State: Idaho
THOR #29104
OK, appreciate the answer. Mine just randomly stopped working overnight, don't think it's the slide that's my problem since it's been out for months. I'll follow the lines to double check though.