Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-02-2023, 10:59 AM   #1
CHS
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
Posts: 487
THOR #22388
No power to radio/backup camera

Trying to figure out why my radio (Axxera) suddenly has no power to it. checked all DC fuses and the one on the back side of the radio itself. All good.
I did find under the dash a inline fuse holder that is wired into a connector with about 8 wires which most are cut off flush with the connector. The wire going to the fuse holder has no power but another wire coming out of the holder does. Not sure if the connector is bad or there are two sources coming into it.
Anyone have any input as to this. I am so pissed every time I go to work on the unit. Everything is so jammed packed and wires short that it will be extremely difficult to pull apart to check it out. I'm sure this is NOT limited to Thor or my Class C unit.
I'm thinking of running a new wire directly from the house batter and wiring it into the existing inline fuse and be done with it. Biggest problem is getting it through the firewall. With so much wiring, I hate going that route. Don't want to do any more damage to the wiring.

__________________
2019 Thor Chateau 28Z 2018 E-450 Chassis W/ V10
4 Wheel tow a 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4 W/ Blue Ox Alpha Tow Bar/Base Plate and Stay-IN-Play DUO Brake system.
CHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 11:26 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24FB
State: Florida
Posts: 20
THOR #29063
The fuse on the radio itself would be my first guess, and you took care of that. I am not sure about the other cable you found, and the power source. I would contact Axxera, they do have a customer support team, and they did help me with my issues. 866 382 5476.
__________________
dhlairbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 08:47 PM   #3
CHS
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
Posts: 487
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlairbus View Post
The fuse on the radio itself would be my first guess, and you took care of that. I am not sure about the other cable you found, and the power source. I would contact Axxera, they do have a customer support team, and they did help me with my issues. 866 382 5476.
Not the radio. The 7.5 amp inline fuse has no power. I also found the USB that was installed by Thor in the dash also has no power. I just got finished moving the lithium batteries from under steps to under dinette seats. I looked 10 times and cannot find a wire that I may have forgotten to reattach. I know it's fed by the house batteries and in the fuse/converter box has no wire going to the audio/video fuse holder.
There is a mess (and I mean mess)!of wires just behind the old battery section. I am going to try to clean it up and maybe a connector came loose.
__________________
2019 Thor Chateau 28Z 2018 E-450 Chassis W/ V10
4 Wheel tow a 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4 W/ Blue Ox Alpha Tow Bar/Base Plate and Stay-IN-Play DUO Brake system.
CHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 03:06 PM   #4
CHS
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
Posts: 487
THOR #22388
I found the radio has power going to it but will not turn on. Fuse is good.
That said. My Lithium batteries and radio voltage are at 13.2 with the converter off and with it on it is sending 14.25 volts to the radio. I believe that is the maximum voltage that is suggested.

It seems that I need a new radio but I am wondering should I run a new line directly from the house batteries to supply voltage to the radio so it is not being given over voltage?
__________________
2019 Thor Chateau 28Z 2018 E-450 Chassis W/ V10
4 Wheel tow a 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4 W/ Blue Ox Alpha Tow Bar/Base Plate and Stay-IN-Play DUO Brake system.
CHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 05:38 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24FB
State: Florida
Posts: 20
THOR #29063
Have you tried the reset button on the front of the panel.
Might be tied in with the usb connection.
__________________
dhlairbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 06:38 PM   #6
CHS
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
Posts: 487
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlairbus View Post
Have you tried the reset button on the front of the panel.
Might be tied in with the usb connection.
Yes!
The USB cable comes out the back of the unit. It's also dead.
I ordered this from Amazon.DC 24v to DC 12v Step Down 10A 120W Truck Car Power Supply Adapter Converter Reducer Regulator. Easier than running a new power source.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71AckLKRjGL._AC_SX679_.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	42201  
__________________
2019 Thor Chateau 28Z 2018 E-450 Chassis W/ V10
4 Wheel tow a 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4 W/ Blue Ox Alpha Tow Bar/Base Plate and Stay-IN-Play DUO Brake system.
CHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 06:49 PM   #7
CHS
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
Posts: 487
THOR #22388
I ordered this radio from Crutchfield.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KWM...KW-M560BT.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	g105KWM560B-o_other8.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	42202  
__________________
2019 Thor Chateau 28Z 2018 E-450 Chassis W/ V10
4 Wheel tow a 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4 W/ Blue Ox Alpha Tow Bar/Base Plate and Stay-IN-Play DUO Brake system.
CHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 01:17 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24FB
State: Florida
Posts: 20
THOR #29063
Hope that fixes the problem, I think my issue is fixed, now time to go out and test it.
__________________
dhlairbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 01:43 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
Posts: 5
THOR #26851
I had a very similar issue with my unit. Turns out the USE/STORE switch has to be set to USE. Don't know if that helps you or not, but it drove me crazy for a little while.
__________________
phoenixbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 03:18 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Idaho
Posts: 16
THOR #18724
Quick question! How did you take the trim piece off from around the axxera? And did you have the tools left with you to pull it out? I didn't. Need to check my connections as my rear camera doesn't work and everything else does.
Thank You!
__________________
jwad6900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 08:32 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Arizona
Posts: 12
THOR #21371
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbound View Post
I had a very similar issue with my unit. Turns out the USE/STORE switch has to be set to USE. Don't know if that helps you or not, but it drove me crazy for a little while.
Ditto on this post. I changed the dc input to my radio from the house battery to the coach battery to power the radio but think this was the problem all along. Not going to change it back to check but think this was my issue. Good luck.
__________________
2015 Thor Four Winds 31W on E450 Chassis
2 Mini-Schnauzers
erlynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 09:07 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 2,745
THOR #11781
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbound View Post
I had a very similar issue with my unit. Turns out the USE/STORE switch has to be set to USE. Don't know if that helps you or not, but it drove me crazy for a little while.
Same on my Hurricane.
__________________
Lt Keefer
2018 Hurricane 29M
CHF, Saf-T-Plus, SumoSprings
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 09:57 PM   #13
Member
 
BuzzDoc's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 86
THOR #26629
Amazon sells a trim tool set. The trim is epoxied to metal tabs that are screwed into the dash. You can’t get to the screws so you just have to wedge under the epoxy very carefully not to exert pressure on trim and they snap off. You will use two part epoxy to reattach.

If you have long skinny arms you might be able to get to the nut holding the metal studs.
__________________
Buzz. To Infinity and Beyond with lots of detours.
2016 Windsport 34F
Wisconsin
BuzzDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 09:34 AM   #14
Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Massachusetts
Posts: 88
THOR #22385
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
Trying to figure out why my radio (Axxera) suddenly has no power to it. checked all DC fuses and the one on the back side of the radio itself. All good.
I did find under the dash a inline fuse holder that is wired into a connector with about 8 wires which most are cut off flush with the connector. The wire going to the fuse holder has no power but another wire coming out of the holder does. Not sure if the connector is bad or there are two sources coming into it.
Anyone have any input as to this. I am so pissed every time I go to work on the unit. Everything is so jammed packed and wires short that it will be extremely difficult to pull apart to check it out. I'm sure this is NOT limited to Thor or my Class C unit.
I'm thinking of running a new wire directly from the house batter and wiring it into the existing inline fuse and be done with it. Biggest problem is getting it through the firewall. With so much wiring, I hate going that route. Don't want to do any more damage to the wiring.
Try the reset
__________________
Sullyd59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 08:31 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
Posts: 6
THOR #6472
I had the same problem , Axxera radio has two power source , mine comes from the fuse box below the steering wheel and the other fuse comes off the house batteries, I have a Miramar 2017 , maybe yours is the same way!
__________________
bhaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2