Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2021, 12:19 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Omni/Magnatude owners

Check your rear fuel filler. While under mine fixing a propane line that Thor put a screw through, I noticed that the metal fuel tube leading to the rear tank was laying on a piece of angle steel, mine has a pretty good scar in it already after 13k miles and would of eventually rubbed through causing fuel to leak.

Old 12-15-2021, 06:41 PM   #2

Model: Omni XG32
State: Arizona
THOR #24896
Yet another item to be reported to NHTSA! Safety issues like this are definitely something they should be able to help out with!
Old 12-16-2021, 01:52 AM   #3

THOR #4243
I reported it.
Old 12-16-2021, 01:47 PM   #4

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
I'm on a short trip and don't have the ability to get under and check much but when I get home Monday I will roll around under the thing with my creeper and check this and again the propane line. Since thor denied that my VIN was included in the recall I will report it to the NTSB. I also urge every omni/magnitude owner to check and do the same. With these 2 items alone you could be driving and sleeping in a ticking time bomb.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 04:25 PM   #5

THOR #24995
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
I'm on a short trip and don't have the ability to get under and check much but when I get home Monday I will roll around under the thing with my creeper and check this and again the propane line. Since thor denied that my VIN was included in the recall I will report it to the NTSB. I also urge every omni/magnitude owner to check and do the same. With these 2 items alone you could be driving and sleeping in a ticking time bomb.
Ours wasn't included in the recall either, but we sent a clear pic of the damage and they immediately created a repair case number. I'm assuming they'll do the same for you if you provide the evidence of damage photo. BTW the NTHA folks will want the photo, VIN and your permission to share your VIN with Thor.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:59 PM   #6

THOR #24995
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
Check your rear fuel filler. While under mine fixing a propane line that Thor put a screw through, I noticed that the metal fuel tube leading to the rear tank was laying on a piece of angle steel, mine has a pretty good scar in it already after 13k miles and would of eventually rubbed through causing fuel to leak.
Thanks for the heads-up. I crawled under AGAIN to check this out and think we're ok. Where our metal fill tube travels over the angle iron, we have a bit of clearance such that I was able to easily fit a thin shim between the frame and tube. I also followed the line to where it transitions to rubber and passes through the frame to reach the tank. Here the rubber line does contact the frame but the holes on the frame are radiused and from feel at least seems like the fuel line is sitting on a smooth radiused surface.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/imHAgnmv438XCLtf6
Old 12-16-2021, 11:39 PM   #7

THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamokadave View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. I crawled under AGAIN to check this out and think we're ok. Where our metal fill tube travels over the angle iron, we have a bit of clearance such that I was able to easily fit a thin shim between the frame and tube. I also followed the line to where it transitions to rubber and passes through the frame to reach the tank. Here the rubber line does contact the frame but the holes on the frame are radiused and from feel at least seems like the fuel line is sitting on a smooth radiused surface.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/imHAgnmv438XCLtf6
Good deal my fill tube was resting right on the angle steel, I secured it up and put a foam cushion under it.