Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2021, 12:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Omni/Magnitude power seats

Having a power driver's seat is important for me since 3 back surgeries can make driving uncomfortable based on some manufacturers seat positions. Often a fine tuning while driving helps. Reference the passenger seat. Does the truck chassis wiring harness have the ability to add a power passenger seat? Often a core chassis wiring has connectors that simply are not connected to anything. Then is a matter of getting a power seat base and maybe even seat. My past Ford pickups and current Rams have ventilated seats which also helps on long days cooling the seat somewhat. Does the F-550 chassis have any provisions for that upgrade also? Obviously a seat change would also be required.

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:48 PM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
The F-550 Lariat trim package offers a powered passenger seat. The XLT trim package does not. The Lariat also offers the heated / ventilated seat option but the XLT does not.

The question will be if they use the same wiring harness between the XLT and the Lariat. If they do, you could buy the seats from Ford for the Lariat trim and then the dash control for the heated / ventilated option.

If they don't use the same wiring harness between the two trim packages, then I think you are looking at a custom shop to see what they could offer you.

As an FYI.... the F-600 does not offer the Lariat trim package.

I won't have access to my Magnitude for a few days but I can look to see if there is wiring under the seat not being used that might indicate the wiring already exists. But that would only guarantee a powered seat option and not the wiring in the dash to also use the ventilated seat option.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:12 PM   #3

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
The F-550 Lariat trim package offers a powered passenger seat. The XLT trim package does not. The Lariat also offers the heated / ventilated seat option but the XLT does not.

The question will be if they use the same wiring harness between the XLT and the Lariat. If they do, you could buy the seats from Ford for the Lariat trim and then the dash control for the heated / ventilated option.

If they don't use the same wiring harness between the two trim packages, then I think you are looking at a custom shop to see what they could offer you.
That was the heart of the question. I had a previous Mustang I ordered with a powered driver's seat but not passenger. The wiring harness had the connectors for the passenger seat but of course were not used. For Ford it had to decide whether having a single harness for all trim levels was cheaper/less expensive that tailoring to various trim levels. For the ventilated option to be added going into the dash might be a whole lot more trouble than it's worth. On the Mustang, I considered but discarded the idea of buying a powered seat for the passenger side. Decided I didn't care that much for the car after all.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 05-09-2021, 05:01 PM   #4

THOR #22586
FWIW I did a search of Ford wiring diagrams and not much luck. One site wants to sell info for $85+- as I recall. I'll wait till I get mine and just look under the seat.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 05-09-2021, 11:12 PM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Sorry.... got back from wintering in FL last night and just started looking at the coach today since I parked in the garage last December. I'm having slide issues at the moment so it distracted me from taking pictures for you under the passenger seat as I promised.

At least the 2019 F-550 / 2020 Magnitude appears to have the wiring harness under the passenger seat.

Here you go....

Attachment 30388
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0211.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	30389  
Old 05-10-2021, 01:17 AM   #6

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Sorry.... got back from wintering in FL last night and just started looking at the coach today since I parked in the garage last December. I'm having slide issues at the moment so it distracted me from taking pictures for you under the passenger seat as I promised.

At least the 2019 F-550 / 2020 Magnitude appears to have the wiring harness under the passenger seat.

Here you go....

Attachment 30388
Judge thanks. Now after I get my Magnitude we'll decide if it's that important after we get some miles under our belts.

D
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ