Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2021, 01:41 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
The Omni / Magnitude with the F-550 does have the engine brake (On - Off - Automatic Modes).

I drove through the Carolina Mountains last year with the cruise set on 55 and the engine brake on and I hardly ever touched the pedals going up and down the hills.
Thanks having that feature on the Ram towing a 17K trailer behind is a comforting feature and I hoped it was on these coaches also. The Ram has 2 settings and my experimentation so far I don't see a difference BUT I haven't been in any big hills using it yet. A single setting on the Ford is certainly better than NO brake on the Nexus I looked at. But the sales guy didn't know the Cummins had a turbo charger either.

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:46 PM   #22

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Thanks having that feature on the Ram towing a 17K trailer behind is a comforting feature and I hoped it was on these coaches also. The Ram has 2 settings and my experimentation so far I don't see a difference BUT I haven't been in any big hills using it yet. A single setting on the Ford is certainly better than NO brake on the Nexus I looked at. But the sales guy didn't know the Cummins had a turbo charger either.
Here is how the Ford Engine Brake works.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 9.46.14 AM.png
Views:	150
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	29635  
Old 04-06-2021, 11:01 PM   #23

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Does the engine have an exhaust or engine brake? For some reason I thought I saw that it had but can't find a reference now. Yesterday I looked at some Nexus "super C", Wraith models and even though it's on an International chassis with the Cummins ISB engine it did NOT have the exhaust brake. My Ram 3500 has one and it's a nice feature. In my search and research of acceptable models for us, I'm back to the Thor Omni/Magnitude XG32 as top contender. We're in Eagles Nest RV park AZ, near Fountain Hills AZ and there's a Magnitude here. Today I'll try to find the owner "home" and see what their thoughts are. No sure which model since I've only seen it at a distance.
As Judge said yes it does have engine braking and it works great. The button to turn it on is above the touch screen.
Old 04-07-2021, 02:42 AM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Accolade 37L
State: Arkansas
THOR #13243
There's an episode on YouTube of the Wandering Warners where with a sub $500 programming change (at an authorized International repair shop) they had an engine brake added to their Nexus Wraith.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:54 AM   #25

THOR #22586
Valve stem extensions

I have seen in different locations that FR installs valve stem extension for the rear dual tires. Also saw somewhere a reference that Entegra does the same for the Esteem. But not I can't find that reference, If they do, what method of extension is used? If a singular extension how does it interface with the TPMS entire sensor? What methods are used for the outer end to keep the valve stem from flailing around hitting things. My Itasca Horizon DP with 22.5 Alcoa wheels had a rubber disc in one of the holes that stabilized the inner valve stem. Worked well and easy to install the EEztire stem sensors and or add air.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 04-10-2021, 10:08 AM   #26

THOR #12751
Quote:
I have seen in different locations that FR installs valve stem extension for the rear dual tires. Also saw somewhere a reference that Entegra does the same for the Esteem. But not I can't find that reference, If they do, what method of extension is used? If a singular extension how does it interface with the TPMS entire sensor? What methods are used for the outer end to keep the valve stem from flailing around hitting things. My Itasca Horizon DP with 22.5 Alcoa wheels had a rubber disc in one of the holes that stabilized the inner valve stem. Worked well and easy to install the EEztire stem sensors and or add air.
I had these on my Magnitude using my TMPS and they worked fine....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A year ago a switch over to the Crossifire Dually Tire Pressure Equalization System that also can use my TPMS. The extenders used in this system are the best quality that I have seen... probably second to only a semi metal extended valve stem. What is great about this systen beside keeping the tire pressure balanced is you only add air once and it supplies both tires.

https://truckpartsworld.net/product/...rts-duplicate/
Old 04-12-2021, 11:44 AM   #27

THOR #22586
Question on the valve stems for the rear tires. Are there usable valve stem extensions for the inner tires installed from the factory?
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 04-12-2021, 11:48 AM   #28

THOR #12751
Quote:
Question on the valve stems for the rear tires. Are there usable valve stem extensions for the inner tires installed from the factory?

There were on my 2020 Magnitude from the factory.

However, when I got the coach home I found all six tires were far below safe limits (that was one thing not on my PDI list since I was focusing on more critical check points.... I assumed the dealer would check the tire pressures as part of their prep... shame on me). When I tried to fill the passenger side inner tire, it would not take air. The flexible valve extender was bad from the factory. I ended up putting better ones on before I installed the Crossfire System.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:58 AM   #29

THOR #22586
Quote:
There were on my 2020 Magnitude from the factory.

However, when I got the coach home I found all six tires were far below safe limits (that was one thing not on my PDI list since I was focusing on more critical check points.... I assumed the dealer would check the tire pressures as part of their prep... shame on me). When I tried to fill the passenger side inner tire, it would not take air. The flexible valve extender was bad from the factory. I ended up putting better ones on before I installed the Crossfire System.
Thanks my Itasca Horizon motorhome had extenders, rigid ones that ran through a rubber disc on the outer wheel as a stabilizer. Worked well and easy to use. My current Ram pickup, 3500 dually, has rubber ones on the inners and a cheap plastic short useless extender cap on. Can't get air in or out with them so I removed them. Adjusting air is quite a procedure which I won't go into here. I was hoping that a real functional valve stem system on the Omni/Magnitude was used. Guess not.

Along the tire issue, does the Ford chassis have a TPMS?
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-25-2021, 01:14 PM   #30

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: New Jersey
THOR #21905
Quote:
I even have an extension 50A cord in case I need more length. I have had to use it once and it creates a little extra worth but for now I am ok with the manual approach.
I am picking up my Magn' Monday, so a related question.... What length is the 50amp shore power cord from the factory? TY
1999 Coachman TruckCamper 125
bandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 01:29 PM   #31

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandi View Post
I am picking up my Magn' Monday, so a related question.... What length is the 50amp shore power cord from the factory? TY
I haven't stretched it out to be exact but I'd say about 30'. I also have a 50amp extension that I have had to use twice in my trips. And no, repositioning wouldn't have helped unless it was to another site. I also carry about 40' total sewer hose and an extra water hose
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-25-2021, 04:43 PM   #32

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: New Jersey
THOR #21905
Quote:
I haven't stretched it out to be exact but I'd say about 30'. I also have a 50amp extension that I have had to use twice in my trips. And no, repositioning wouldn't have helped unless it was to another site. I also carry about 40' total sewer hose and an extra water hose
Thanks for the reply...

I went ahead and ordered a few attachments to hopefully have options... 2 each 15FT 50a extension, 1FT 50a-15a dogbone, 1.5FT 50a-30a adapter, and 30a-15a plug adapter....
1999 Coachman TruckCamper 125
bandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 11:54 AM   #33

THOR #22586
In other posts I've commented I plan to replace the installed "theater seating" with Recpro recliners. We have the recliners, manual type, in her 5th wheel but was wondering about the powered ones. In the XG32 the seating is not in a slide which is good but is there 120v in that area other than on the cabinet above? The powered recliner need a 120v source and I don't want extension cords running throughout. With the stock seating out maybe I can run a wire down in conduit from the overhead if power isn't already there. I'm not at the coach now but will be in a couple days so can have a look-see then.

Second question has anyone seeing this thread had or have the powered version of the recliners from Recpro? Durability and reliability is what I'm concerned about.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 07-02-2021, 03:29 PM   #34

THOR #4243
Quote:
In other posts I've commented I plan to replace the installed "theater seating" with Recpro recliners. We have the recliners, manual type, in her 5th wheel but was wondering about the powered ones. In the XG32 the seating is not in a slide which is good but is there 120v in that area other than on the cabinet above? The powered recliner need a 120v source and I don't want extension cords running throughout. With the stock seating out maybe I can run a wire down in conduit from the overhead if power isn't already there. I'm not at the coach now but will be in a couple days so can have a look-see then.

Second question has anyone seeing this thread had or have the powered version of the recliners from Recpro? Durability and reliability is what I'm concerned about.
Our XG32 came with Thomas Payne power recliners. Look on the floor for an outlet that's where our plug in at it right behind the passenger seat.
Old 07-02-2021, 05:11 PM   #35

Model: Omni XG32
State: Idaho
THOR #23824
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
Our XG32 came with Thomas Payne power recliners. Look on the floor for an outlet that's where our plug in at it right behind the passenger seat.
My 2022 XG32 did not come with power recliners. And the recliners are not very comfortable since the back does not recline. I have been thinking of upgrading. Do you know the model of your power recliners?
2019 Mirage Side-by-side Cargo trailer
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Spyder
ksroskel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 06:26 PM   #36

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
The seats I have are so tight I can't see beside or behind them to check. Later maybe I'll try opening the footrest and see if I can see something under.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 07-02-2021, 06:30 PM   #37

THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksroskel View Post
My 2022 XG32 did not come with power recliners. And the recliners are not very comfortable since the back does not recline. I have been thinking of upgrading. Do you know the model of your power recliners?
I will be in ours later today and will look for a model# on them.
Will get you some pics of the seats .
Old 07-02-2021, 09:32 PM   #38

THOR #4243
Quote:
I'm not seeing anything with a model# on it, found a couple of tag's but no model. I will look online and see if I can find it.
Old 07-02-2021, 09:42 PM   #39

THOR #4243
Quote:
Follow the link to the web site and this is what I have, you would need the left and right recliner and the center section.
We purchased our XG32 new last year and this seating was in it.
https://store.lci1.com/left-hand-rec...020129337.html
Old 07-02-2021, 09:54 PM   #40

THOR #4243
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv seats.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	31781