Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2021, 02:12 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
From your picture, the licene plate mount does look centered under the Blue Oval. Maybe its just the angle of the picture.

In any case.... good luck getting that one solved.

I am very close to making a decision on whether I want to add an aftermarket front bumper to protect the front end better in a deer impact, etc.
Finally got the tire pictures in a format that's acceptable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0927.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	31098   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0928.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	31099  

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:53 PM   #22

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Those pictures help.... but the first thing I notice is the end of the bumper on the driver side is maybe 1/2 to 1" past the fender flare and not nearly as much as your tape indicates closer to the center of the bumper.

The passeger side of the bumer looks to be about even with the fender flare.

Not sure what that all means....
Old 06-03-2021, 03:09 PM   #23

THOR #22586
Quote:
Those pictures help.... but the first thing I notice is the end of the bumper on the driver side is maybe 1/2 to 1" past the fender flare and not nearly as much as your tape indicates closer to the center of the bumper.

The passeger side of the bumer looks to be about even with the fender flare.

Not sure what that all means....
Depending on how I stood things look different. Odd thing is the suspension/ tire on the driver's side sticks out beyond the ford body fender. The Thor bumper sits to the right of the ford bumper. The bumper will not align to bolt to the ford bumper in fact both left screws were missing or not installed. I'm fearing something happened to this RV between the time I first drove it in mid march and when I bought it last week. I didn't drive it again last week until I drove it home. Seemed looser in the steering that I remember but maybe just a perception. I also test drove another different XG32 last month and it seemed to drive similar to what my first test drive was.

I crawled around under it on my creeper and don't see any evidence of damages. It's just as though a bunch of parts don't fit correctly.

I called the Thor CS after the PM I got and left a message. I also emailed and sent the pictures to them with a description. They responded to expect a call back within 2 days. Guess I need to register with Thor to "get on the books".

D
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-03-2021, 03:47 PM   #24

THOR #12751
I didn't want to say anthing because the angle of pictures can be deceiving but I immediately though the driver side from wheel was sticking out past the fender flare much farther than the passenger side tire from the other pictures. Plus it looked like the wheel was slightly turned left so I also attributed to that as well.

Sure hope it is not some type of structural damage. Hopefully it is nothing more than some bent or misaligned mounts for the plastic bumper.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:07 PM   #25
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Unless it is structural Thor will probably say it is cosmetic and will not cover it after 30 days.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:29 PM   #26

THOR #12751
I’ve had lots of luck with Thor fixing cosmetic issues up to the end of my warranty.

Definitely worth pursuing.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:57 PM   #27

THOR #22586
Quote:
I didn't want to say anthing because the angle of pictures can be deceiving but I immediately though the driver side from wheel was sticking out past the fender flare much farther than the passenger side tire from the other pictures. Plus it looked like the wheel was slightly turned left so I also attributed to that as well.

Sure hope it is not some type of structural damage. Hopefully it is nothing more than some bent or misaligned mounts for the plastic bumper.
The steering wheel is very straight and I tried taking pictures so that the alignment to fixed body panels was the same. The left tire protruding to the left outside the wheel well is very noticeable when you take a look. Frankly when I did my inspection I didn't crawl under it and grab things. Should have apparently. I was more concerned about how and if the systems worked rather than body parts alignment and being loose. I'm going to crawl under with a flashlight and check the date codes on the tires. All 6 should be the same and if not that could indicate an event that caused replacement. When driving it didn't pull or wander, just felt a bit loose or light like an E chassis does.

I'm not sure what level of "repair" the customer service from Thor is that PM'd me on this site. I suppose I should alert the dealer and see what they have to say or suggest.

EDIT ADDING checked the tires. Al 4 in rear 0920, 2 in front 2420. 15 weeks apart for tire build dates
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-03-2021, 06:43 PM   #28

THOR #12751
It shoukd not handle or ride like a stock E-450. It should be like a Caddy in comparison.

Ford will do an alignment under warranty the first year.

It might be worth having a Ford dealer look at it.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:57 PM   #29

THOR #22586
Quote:
It shoukd not handle or ride like a stock E-450. It should be like a Caddy in comparison.

Was thinking along those lines.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-03-2021, 10:53 PM   #30

THOR #22586
Quote:

Judge not sure if your coach is close by but when you get the chance, take a look at what I'll call the tire offset. I talked to the dealer and sent them the pictures and he, one of the managers, went out and looked at what they have on the lot. One more XG32 and 3-4 of other models Omni. He said they have the left front tire which sits outside the fender like mine but wasn't sure it the amount of "offset" was the same. I'd be curious if other Omni/Magnitude owner's here would also check and respond. The bumpers on the ones there were straight and even. Thanks
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-04-2021, 12:49 AM   #31

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Judge not sure if your coach is close by but when you get the chance, take a look at what I'll call the tire offset. I talked to the dealer and sent them the pictures and he, one of the managers, went out and looked at what they have on the lot. One more XG32 and 3-4 of other models Omni. He said they have the left front tire which sits outside the fender like mine but wasn't sure it the amount of "offset" was the same. I'd be curious if other Omni/Magnitude owner's here would also check and respond. The bumpers on the ones there were straight and even. Thanks
I'm down at my home in FL at the morment and the coach is in PA. But I will be
flying back Friday morning. I will try to get some pictures and measurements for you tomorrow afternoon or Saturday morning.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:41 PM   #32

THOR #12751
I just got back from Florida andbhad a minute to take some pics. This is what my bumper and front end look like.

As I look at it, the drivers side tire might just stick out past the fender flare a slight amount while the passenger side is close to flush. I did ont measure but I would say the placement of the transitions on the top of the plastic bumper cover seem to be about even on both sides.

Name:	IMG_0439.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	31128

Name:	IMG_0440.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	31129

Name:	IMG_0441.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	31130

Name:	IMG_0442.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	31131
Old 06-04-2021, 07:29 PM   #33

THOR #22586
Quote:
I just got back from Florida andbhad a minute to take some pics. This is what my bumper and front end look like.

As I look at it, the drivers side tire might just stick out past the fender flare a slight amount while the passenger side is close to flush. I did ont measure but I would say the placement of the transitions on the top of the plastic bumper cover seem to be about even on both sides.

Attachment 31128
Attachment 31129
Attachment 31130
Attachment 31131
Wish mine looked like that. I tried measuring the Thor bumper and I think mine is a bad mold, more driver's side than pax. Unless the cab of the truck on mine is mounted right of normal, I don't see how the left tire of mine can protrude so much.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-04-2021, 07:33 PM   #34
Site Team

THOR #1469
Looks like the passenger side flare has a wider lip. Who manufactured the flares? My Nicole is the flares are different sizes because of cheap molding.
Old 06-04-2021, 07:54 PM   #35

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Looks like the passenger side flare has a wider lip. Who manufactured the flares? My Nicole is the flares are different sizes because of cheap molding.
I didn't take an impression to see exactly but mine appear to have the same curve. I read somewhere, here likely, that Thor puts on on the flairs and bumper. Looking at the underside of the flairs, bumper and general body parts, it's very crude fiberglass moldings.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-04-2021, 08:00 PM   #36
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
I didn't take an impression to see exactly but mine appear to have the same curve. I read somewhere, here likely, that Thor puts on on the flairs and bumper. Looking at the underside of the flairs, bumper and general body parts, it's very crude fiberglass moldings.
On Judge’s pictures I was looking at the lip of the flare (distance from fender) and not the curve.
Old 06-04-2021, 09:03 PM   #37

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
On Judge’s pictures I was looking at the lip of the flare (distance from fender) and not the curve.
I understand and I considered that mine might be different but as best I can on that curved surface, they didn't appear different. Now the front bumper that's a different story. On mine the license plate indentation is well right, passenger side, of the blue oval, additionally the dip in the front top lip of it is also well right as opposed to the left side. Bumper width goes to the edge of the Ford parts on both sides. On Judges pictures that dip in the shape is even left and right.

When I Tok my pictures, sorry for the side rotation, I stood in the same relative position to the truck. Example looking straight down the door skin. That way the visual I was seeing in the pics was relevant.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-05-2021, 09:25 AM   #38

THOR #12751
The stock F-550 XLT commercial chassis does not come with fender flares or fog lights. They are all Thor add-ons as well as the plastic bumper cover.

If you look at the fender flares, you will see the same clear sealant around then Thor uses on other outter parts of the coach (Ford does not use sealant around fender flares).

They all very well could be cheap Chinese parts and the tolerances for them may be all over the map.
Old 06-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #39

THOR #22586
In the thread by CTRvs666 that bumper mod looks great and in my opinion much more functional. I may seriously look at starting to collect what's needed for that. When I got it I knew the "theater seating" sucked big time. Not good seating support for either of us and won't recline. Figured I'd try it a bit but it will be replaced with RecPro recliners very soon. GF has them in her 5th wheel and they are comfortable. I will get the linen fabric, not their base vinyl fabric though. Unfortunately the fabric and color I want are out of stock so I wait.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-05-2021, 01:31 PM   #40

THOR #12751
Quote:
In the thread by CTRvs666 that bumper mod looks great and in my opinion much more functional. I may seriously look at starting to collect what's needed for that. When I got it I knew the "theater seating" sucked big time. Not good seating support for either of us and won't recline. Figured I'd try it a bit but it will be replaced with RecPro recliners very soon. GF has them in her 5th wheel and they are comfortable. I will get the linen fabric, not their base vinyl fabric though. Unfortunately the fabric and color I want are out of stock so I wait.

I had the dealer swap out the jack-knife sofa for the theater seats as part of my deal when I bought it almost 2 years ago. I agree they are not nearly has comfortable as the RecPro's I put into my Outlaw but they are better than the factory jack-knife sofa.

I will say this.... I ordered the fabric material when I bought the RecPro's for my Outlaw. I like leather but the DW doesn't like leather / vinyl.

Not sure if you had the fabric before but to be honest, I found the fabric to be uncomfortable. It was very rough feeling... almost like sandpaper. I loved everything else about the RecPro's.

I'm not going to put any into the Magnitude at this point. I will see how long I keep the coach and how well they hold up first.