Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-05-2021, 04:43 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I had the dealer swap out the jack-knife sofa for the theater seats as part of my deal when I bought it almost 2 years ago. I agree they are not nearly has comfortable as the RecPro's I put into my Outlaw but they are better than the factory jack-knife sofa.

I will say this.... I ordered the fabric material when I bought the RecPro's for my Outlaw. I like leather but the DW doesn't like leather / vinyl.

Not sure if you had the fabric before but to be honest, I found the fabric to be uncomfortable. It was very rough feeling... almost like sandpaper. I loved everything else about the RecPro's.

I'm not going to put any into the Magnitude at this point. I will see how long I keep the coach and how well they hold up first.
Going to ask a subjective question. Since you liked the leather/vinyl surfaces how much did that affect your like/dislike of the fabric? What was your wife's attitude about the fabric? I got the swatches but a small piece is hard to evaluate. With the vinyl in the GF's 5th wheel, I had to put a towel behind me because I sweat too much with it. NW FL just as humid as S FL in the summer. The jack knife sofas I saw in several RVs were horrible for sitting comfort and I image worse for attempting sleeping. I would guess perfect if you had a guest you were trying to get rid of though.

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 01:29 AM   #42

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Going to ask a subjective question. Since you liked the leather/vinyl surfaces how much did that affect your like/dislike of the fabric? What was your wife's attitude about the fabric? I got the swatches but a small piece is hard to evaluate. With the vinyl in the GF's 5th wheel, I had to put a towel behind me because I sweat too much with it. NW FL just as humid as S FL in the summer. The jack knife sofas I saw in several RVs were horrible for sitting comfort and I image worse for attempting sleeping. I would guess perfect if you had a guest you were trying to get rid of though.
I don't think my like for leather impacted my opinion of the RecPro fabric. We have a sectional with two recliners at home with a very soft and comfortable fabric. Actually, the sofa and recliners may have negatively impacted my opinion of the RecPro fabric more.

Your point about sweating in warm climates is valid. However, I always feel like vinyl / leather feels cooler.... and is easier to clean.

I do worry about sweating with fabric and it getting into the fabric over time and having an odor. Every time I rent a car in Florida and it has fabric seats, they have a distincetive (negative smell). I don't get that smell in cars with leather seats.

Now for cooler climates, fabric can be more comfortable from a temperature perspective.

Tough call because it is all very subjective.
Old 06-06-2021, 02:39 PM   #43

THOR #22586
Quote:
I don't think my like for leather impacted my opinion of the RecPro fabric. We have a sectional with two recliners at home with a very soft and comfortable fabric. Actually, the sofa and recliners may have negatively impacted my opinion of the RecPro fabric more.

Your point about sweating in warm climates is valid. However, I always feel like vinyl / leather feels cooler.... and is easier to clean.

I do worry about sweating with fabric and it getting into the fabric over time and having an odor. Every time I rent a car in Florida and it has fabric seats, they have a distincetive (negative smell). I don't get that smell in cars with leather seats.

Now for cooler climates, fabric can be more comfortable from a temperature perspective

Tough call because it is all very subjective.
If it was real leather I'd feel differently but the fake leather of most varieties does not breathe and is/can be sticky to sit on. The only "fake leather" that I've liked was the Ultra Leather that was used in our Itasca Horizon DP motorhome. The Horizon was the top trim and only good stuff was used. GOOD Ultra Leather cost more and lasts longer than real leather. I have time to think about the fabric choice since it's currently out of stock. I have asked them the "estimated time to get in stock" but it's a weekend so maybe Monday.

If/when we get the pieces, before going inside they will get an ample scotch guard treatment. I got last to thinking another of another horror situation that the current theater seats don't come apart for easy removal. I would THINK they do but have not researched that. I'm guessing that raising the foot rests should reveal any anchoring screws and also hopefully see the sections that are hooked together. Think I'll confirm that before ordering something to replace them. Not interested in taking the slide out to remove furniture.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-07-2021, 06:18 AM   #44

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Our XG32 came with Thomas Payne theater seating, power recline, heat and message, they are very comfortable.
Old 06-07-2021, 09:58 AM   #45

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
Our XG32 came with Thomas Payne theater seating, power recline, heat and message, they are very comfortable.
That is not a factorty option..... unless they added it for the 2022's and didn't update the brochure.

It is more likely someone worked a deal on that unit to have upgraded Theater Seating and they backed out at the last minute before you bought it.
Old 06-07-2021, 12:38 PM   #46

THOR #4243
Quote:
That is not a factorty option..... unless they added it for the 2022's and didn't update the brochure.

It is more likely someone worked a deal on that unit to have upgraded Theater Seating and they backed out at the last minute before you bought it.
Mine is a 2020 I purchased it new from Lazy Days in Tampa Florida, It had actually just arrived while I was on the phone talking to a salesman and wasn't even listed yet. The chair fabric matches the interior color and is the same as the cushions for the dinette and the driver and passenger seat. It's possible someone ordered it and then backed out because I have never seen another Omni/Magnitude with that theater seating.
Old 06-07-2021, 12:45 PM   #47

THOR #12751
Quote:
Mine is a 2020 I purchased it new from Lazy Days in Tampa Florida, It had actually just arrived while I was on the phone talking to a salesman and wasn't even listed yet. The chair fabric matches the interior color and is the same as the cushions for the dinette and the driver and passenger seat. It's possible someone ordered it and then backed out because I have never seen another Omni/Magnitude with that theater seating.
I have a 2020 Magnitude SV34. Theater Seating was an option from the start but many of the early ones had the JackKnife Sofa. I was going to get mine from MHSRV in Texas in late 2019 as they had the lowest price and the SV34 with the Theater Seat option.

I was able to get General RV to beat their price and install the factory Theater Seats for no additonal cost.

It is possible your unit was an early one and used as a demo at some RV shows. They may have upgraded it for that purpose or someone may have asked to have it installed and then backed out.

I have not seen a Thor Omni / Magnitude with Thomas Payne furniture (or any other Thor Class C or Super C with it from the factory). The factory Theater Seating option was just seats with foot rests that do not recline. They are not nearly as nice as the RecPro Charles I put into my Outlaw when I had it.
Old 06-07-2021, 12:54 PM   #48

THOR #22586
Quote:
Per chance did you get the build sheet for your Omni? If so, did it show any changes to the furnishings. As Judge said the theater seating that's standardly used in these is less than desirable but I knew that going in. I had the TP recliners in the Raptor I just sold and they were OK, not great.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-07-2021, 06:09 PM   #49

THOR #4243
Quote:
Per chance did you get the build sheet for your Omni? If so, did it show any changes to the furnishings. As Judge said the theater seating that's standardly used in these is less than desirable but I knew that going in. I had the TP recliners in the Raptor I just sold and they were OK, not great.
I believe there is a build sheet I will have to look at it.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:13 PM   #50

THOR #4243
Here is a pic of the seats. The theater seats do match the front seats and dinette cushions and if you zoom in on the foot rest you can see the Thomas Payne cover on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210607_080855.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	31191  
Old 06-07-2021, 06:16 PM   #51

THOR #4243
Quote:
I have a 2020 Magnitude SV34. Theater Seating was an option from the start but many of the early ones had the JackKnife Sofa. I was going to get mine from MHSRV in Texas in late 2019 as they had the lowest price and the SV34 with the Theater Seat option.

I was able to get General RV to beat their price and install the factory Theater Seats for no additonal cost.

It is possible your unit was an early one and used as a demo at some RV shows. They may have upgraded it for that purpose or someone may have asked to have it installed and then backed out.

I have not seen a Thor Omni / Magnitude with Thomas Payne furniture (or any other Thor Class C or Super C with it from the factory). The factory Theater Seating option was just seats with foot rests that do not recline. They are not nearly as nice as the RecPro Charles I put into my Outlaw when I had it.
We installed the RecPro theater seats in our last motor home, they were much better than the sofa.
Old 06-11-2021, 04:08 PM   #52

THOR #4243
Quote:
I did find the build sheet today and all it says Is "Leatherette theatre seating with foot rest". I don't know why this has Thomas Payne theatre seating it is nice though matches dinette cushions and the drivers and passenger seats, has power recline with heat and message, light up cup holders with LED light strip under the chairs.
We also have Sirius XM radio and we never signed up for it, we purchased RV new last may 2020 and the Sirius is still working, not complaining just scratching my head.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:49 PM   #53

THOR #12751
Quote:
I did find the build sheet today and all it says Is "Leatherette theatre seating with foot rest". I don't know why this has Thomas Payne theatre seating it is nice though matches dinette cushions and the drivers and passenger seats, has power recline with heat and message, light up cup holders with LED light strip under the chairs.
We also have Sirius XM radio and we never signed up for it, we purchased RV new last may 2020 and the Sirius is still working, not complaining just scratching my head.
You sir.... are lucky! Might want to play the lottery while you are on a roll.

I'm still betting someone worked out a deal with the dealer to have those recliners installed (probably a $2K+ upgrade) and they backed out..... and you were the beneficiary.
Old 06-11-2021, 09:58 PM   #54

THOR #4243
Quote:
You sir.... are lucky! Might want to play the lottery while you are on a roll.

I'm still betting someone worked out a deal with the dealer to have those recliners installed (probably a $2K+ upgrade) and they backed out..... and you were the beneficiary.
That could very well be what happened here, I feel very fortunate to have been in the right place ( or in this case on the phone ) at the right time, this unit was not even listed yet, while working a deal with Lazy Days on another XG32 over the phone the salesman said this one just showed up that morning, the price was less than the other one they had, so I bought it.
Old 06-12-2021, 11:38 AM   #55

THOR #12751
I was just on Thor's website and it is hard to believe that the SV34 MSRP has gone up $30K in less than two years.

Between inflation of many building and other materials and demand right now I can see prices increase but 14% is a pretty substantial increase in the span of 18 months or so.

I also think the BT36 having an MSRP of over $267K is crazy. I know it is on the F600 but Thor is on the lower end of the Super C Market and they are getting very close to their prices being in the ballpark of better Super C's.

You can get a Nexus Ghost for around $200K street price today and I am betting the new Dynamax Europa will be in the low $200's as well. Given the chassis each uses and better building materials those two manufacturers use, I would be going that route today at the current Thor prices.

Even at ~25% discount at today's demand levels there is no way would I be paying $200K for a Thor Super C at this point.
Old 06-12-2021, 12:28 PM   #56

THOR #22586
Quote:
I was just on Thor's website and it is hard to believe that the SV34 MSRP has gone up $30K in less than two years.

Between inflation of many building and other materials and demand right now I can see prices increase but 14% is a pretty substantial increase in the span of 18 months or so.

I also think the BT36 having an MSRP of over $267K is crazy. I know it is on the F600 but Thor is on the lower end of the Super C Market and they are getting very close to their prices being in the ballpark of better Super C's.

You can get a Nexus Ghost for around $200K street price today and I am betting the new Dynamax Europa will be in the low $200's as well. Given the chassis each uses and better building materials those two manufacturers use, I would be going that route today at the current Thor prices.

Even at ~25% discount at today's demand levels there is no way would I be paying $200K for a Thor Super C at this point.
"If you build it they will come" and "If you build it we will charge more for it". As long as "WE" keep going (buying) they will keep building (charging more). There is a craziest, irrational vehicle market right now that will end some day soon. When the supply side of the market catches up to the demand side, people will no longer pay more for a 2 year old vehicle than the MSRP of a new one. The unfettered raising of prices will hit a wall.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-12-2021, 01:02 PM   #57
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:

Not even hard to believe. Look around. The cost of all building materials has gone up significantly. I was talking to someone yesterday that orders Park Model RV for folks. Since it takes 6 to 8 months from order to delivery the RV manufacturer, which I will not name, is placing 5,000 dollar surcharge for unknown material price increases on each and every order. Also there are items that they are no longer installing or offering as options because those items are backordered by as much as 18 months.

Walk into an Lumber yard or home improvement center and look at the cost of building materials.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 01:16 PM   #58

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Not even hard to believe. Look around. The cost of all building materials has gone up significantly. I was talking to someone yesterday that orders Park Model RV for folks. Since it takes 6 to 8 months from order to delivery the RV manufacturer, which I will not name, is placing 5,000 dollar surcharge for unknown material price increases on each and every order. Also there are items that they are no longer installing or offering as options because those items are backordered by as much as 18 months.

Walk into an Lumber yard or home improvement center and look at the cost of building materials.

I know about lumber and other material costs going up but how much lumber do you think it in the Omni / Magnitude? Not even $10K's worth in terms of increased cost.
Old 06-12-2021, 01:35 PM   #59

THOR #22586
Quote:
I know about lumber and other material costs going up but how much lumber do you think it in the Omni / Magnitude? Not even $10K's worth in terms of increased cost.
Because they, the manufacturers can get it. RV manufacturers are short sighted and often short lived. They will grab every penny/dollar they can when they can and many will fail in the short run. The RV market is flooded with virtually identical competing models with a common characteristic of being poorly built with endless "bling" offered and poor build quality. Years ago we wandered into an ACE at a dealer's "show" and my GF really like the interiors. I looked at the build quality as comparable to a Yugo. If manufacturers spent as much money on structural engineering as they do on interior design, we might have a decent product out there.

When any manufacturer out prices itself on a model, that model will fade into the past and we will be owner's of orphan products. Look how many already exist in the recent history. Many manufacturing companies and models.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-12-2021, 02:04 PM   #60
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Aluminum framing, counter tops, flooring, foam insulation. All building materials have and are continuing to go up in price and taking longer to produce. We tried replacing a French Door with Transom on the sticks and bricks. Price increase of 3k over 1 year ago and a 16 week production, not delivery, date.