Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2021, 02:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Omni questions

As time goes on I'll have questions that I haven't seen addressed yet here. Satellite antenna. There is a Playmaker sat antenna on the roof, forward driver's side. It was pointed out on the walk thru along with the wiring connections for the receiver in the cabinet above the theater seating. No brochures or manuals in the info bag. Nothing on the build sheet and the Thor site on Omni says satellite antenna mounting bracket.

Inverter? It has the Xantrex Freedom and inside control panel. Does the inverter only turn on when not connected to shore power and does it have to be turned on each time?

There are no roof gutters or roof runoff "spouts" so air conditioner runoff goes down the side. I see it that's going to require frequent cleaning on the sides to prevent the hard water streaking on the paint. Anyone come up with better solutions?

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 04:29 PM   #2

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
As time goes on I'll have questions that I haven't seen addressed yet here. Satellite antenna. There is a Playmaker sat antenna on the roof, forward driver's side. It was pointed out on the walk thru along with the wiring connections for the receiver in the cabinet above the theater seating. No brochures or manuals in the info bag. Nothing on the build sheet and the Thor site on Omni says satellite antenna mounting bracket.
?
Hidden under some stuff in that upper cabinet was the owner's and installation manual. It's set up for Direct but I already changed it to Dish. Rather than swapping the current receiver back and forth I may get another receiver just for the Omni. I checked the roof installation of the antenna and I suspect it's a dealer installed, or last minute factory install based on wiring routing. No mention by the dealer in their advertising or sales pitches about it though.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 05-30-2021, 05:35 PM   #3

Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Quote:

Inverter? It has the Xantrex Freedom and inside control panel. Does the inverter only turn on when not connected to shore power and does it have to be turned on each time?

There are no roof gutters or roof runoff "spouts" so air conditioner runoff goes down the side. I see it that's going to require frequent cleaning on the sides to prevent the hard water streaking on the paint. Anyone come up with better solutions?
We added Dish Satellite and the installer said that it was really easy to run a cable to that cupboard. He wished all mfg's made it easy. With one dish all the TV's tune to the same station at the same time.

I put a MaxxAire cover over the front vent and that playmaker was too close so I had to move move it over a couple of inches. The installers at Thor accidently cut the membrane under it and the cut wasn't sealed, so I am glad I moved it. It is all sealed now.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:51 PM   #4

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRvs666 View Post
We added Dish Satellite and the installer said that it was really easy to run a cable to that cupboard. He wished all mfg's made it easy. With one dish all the TV's tune to the same station at the same time.

I put a MaxxAire cover over the front vent and that playmaker was too close so I had to move move it over a couple of inches. The installers at Thor accidently cut the membrane under it and the cut wasn't sealed, so I am glad I moved it. It is all sealed now.
I'm going to speculate at this point that the antenna was installed at the factory but I find it strange there is no mention of it anywhere, that I can find, the antenna is now standard equipment. Extras are usually prominently advertised.

While checking the antenna I saw that the slide awning (topper), was misaligned on the roller. Looks like I'll need to unroll it to get it aligned but I know they are under pretty good spring pressure. Any suggestions on safely and effectively doing this? With the mis alignment, it makes the fabric loose and it sags pooling water.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 05-31-2021, 01:37 PM   #5

Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Quote:
I'm going to speculate at this point that the antenna was installed at the factory but I find it strange there is no mention of it anywhere, that I can find, the antenna is now standard equipment. Extras are usually prominently advertised.

While checking the antenna I saw that the slide awning (topper), was misaligned on the roller. Looks like I'll need to unroll it to get it aligned but I know they are under pretty good spring pressure. Any suggestions on safely and effectively doing this? With the mis alignment, it makes the fabric loose and it sags pooling water.
I am not sure on the slide topper, I would go to the dealer on that. Probably would replace it.

I Tow a 2019 RAM 1500 and I tow a 2020 Rubicon. The RAM wasn't hard to add the tow plate to. Are you going to do the work yourself? The Wiring wasn't too hard either. My RAM has a speed sensitive air dam that comes for better mileage. I didn't even know it was there. I guess it activates over 45 mph or something like that. You can do that job just go to etrailer.com and watch their videos. I ordered my parts and wiring there. It isn't hard to find used tow bars, brake buddies, and towing stuff in the local fb marktplace around my area. I paid $400 for the brake buddy, and $500 for a Roadmaster all-terrain tow bar. Those together were $2500 new. Just inspect whatever you buy before laying out cash. There are currently 6 tow bars on my fb marketplace under $350.00. 2 look super clean with all the parts, extra safety cables, the holding bag and such.
Old 05-31-2021, 01:54 PM   #6

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:

1) Satellite - I have yet to see any Magnitude / Omni that came with a Satellite as a factory installed accesory. It is certainly not listed in the 2020 or 2021 brochures and there is only a factory installed Satellite bracket on the 2022's. All of the Magnitude / Omni's come with the Winegard ConnecT 2, which has an HDTV antenna, Cellular Hotspot and WiFi Router capabilities. The schematics for the first Magnitude / Omni in 2020 show a Satellite on the roof at mid-ship even though none was available as standard equipment or a factory option. They could be planning for a future option or they could just have been reusing old pictures as examples of what is possible. If it really is a Satellite, the dealer may have added it for another buyer who backed out at the last minute.

2) Inverter - First, there are two control panels for the Inverter. One built into the Inverter and a remote one at entry. The built-in panel must have the power switch in the OFF position in order for the remote panel to control the inverter properly.

If you want the Inverter's built-in ATS to switch over to keep the fridge cold should you lose shore power, then the Inverter should be powered ON at all times. If you have the Inverter powered OFF, the display will still show the battery voltage while on shore or generator power.

I leave my Inverter powered ON all the time in my Magnitude if I am using both fridges.

3) Gutters - There are no gutters. There have been several threads with creative solutions for diverting condensation from the A/C units. Everything from using Dicor to Eternabond Tape.

4) Slide Topper - If it is under warranty I might consider having the dealer handle it. Only because if it gets screwed up while you try to fix it, then they would likely not cover it as a warranty repair. I have not had mine off or apart. Depending on the issue if I was still under warranty I may take a stab at it. Now that I am out of warranty I would do it myself. I'm sure you can find videos on YouTube.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:35 PM   #7

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
1) Satellite - I have yet to see any Magnitude / Omni that came with a Satellite as a factory installed accesory. It is certainly not listed in the 2020 or 2021 brochures and there is only a factory installed Satellite bracket on the 2022's. All of the Magnitude / Omni's come with the Winegard ConnecT 2, which has an HDTV antenna, Cellular Hotspot and WiFi Router capabilities. The schematics for the first Magnitude / Omni in 2020 show a Satellite on the roof at mid-ship even though none was available as standard equipment or a factory option. They could be planning for a future option or they could just have been reusing old pictures as examples of what is possible. If it really is a Satellite, the dealer may have added it for another buyer who backed out at the last minute.

2) Inverter - First, there are two control panels for the Inverter. One built into the Inverter and a remote one at entry. The built-in panel must have the power switch in the OFF position in order for the remote panel to control the inverter properly.

If you want the Inverter's built-in ATS to switch over to keep the fridge cold should you lose shore power, then the Inverter should be powered ON at all times. If you have the Inverter powered OFF, the display will still show the battery voltage while on shore or generator power.

I leave my Inverter powered ON all the time in my Magnitude if I am using both fridges.

3) Gutters - There are no gutters. There have been several threads with creative solutions for diverting condensation from the A/C units. Everything from using Dicor to Eternabond Tape.

4) Slide Topper - If it is under warranty I might consider having the dealer handle it. Only because if it gets screwed up while you try to fix it, then they would likely not cover it as a warranty repair. I have not had mine off or apart. Depending on the issue if I was still under warranty I may take a stab at it. Now that I am out of warranty I would do it myself. I'm sure you can find videos on YouTube.
It is a Winegard Playmaker up on the left front roof. I'll be home tomorrow and will climb up again and check the installation and sealing. The suggestion that the dealer installed it for a deal that fell through makes sense. Surprised that didn't tout that install. It was casually mentioned by the rep on the PDI.

I'll look for the inverter and it's settings. Since we travel a lot on trips, having the inverter on to keep the refer going is important.

I'll also mull over ideas with a Dicor "diverter" on the roof.

When at home under controlled circumstances under the pole barn I'll see if it's possible to easily unroll the awning to straighten the fabric. There shouldn't be more than a revolution or 2 left on the roller. Otherwise, the dealer wants me to schedule and take it in for a 90 day checkup to fix and identify anything. I'll add that to the list I'll surely have. Thanks
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 05-31-2021, 04:36 PM   #8

THOR #22586
Quote:
1)

I.
Judge I'm a bit confused about the inverter. I did a search and found a discussion a year ago May 2020 about the inverter. My inverter is also in the forward curbside compartment and my remote is in the hall opposite the kitchen. Does the inverter power anything while hooked up to shore power? I made sure the inverter power button on the inverter was off (out) and pushed the remote panel button IN (ON). The remote isn't showing any output readings. I didn't want to disconnect from shore power yet and am going home tomorrow and will disconnect then and see what happens.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 05-31-2021, 05:52 PM   #9
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Judge I'm a bit confused about the inverter. I did a search and found a discussion a year ago May 2020 about the inverter. My inverter is also in the forward curbside compartment and my remote is in the hall opposite the kitchen. Does the inverter power anything while hooked up to shore power? I made sure the inverter power button on the inverter was off (out) and pushed the remote panel button IN (ON). The remote isn't showing any output readings. I didn't want to disconnect from shore power yet and am going home tomorrow and will disconnect then and see what happens.
While connected to shore power the inverter should show that you are in bypass mode.
Old 06-02-2021, 01:49 AM   #10

THOR #22586
Traveled home and when I disconnected from shore power the inverter did come on as advertised. Mystery in my mind solved.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-02-2021, 04:37 PM   #11

THOR #22586
Got it home yesterday and got under spending time on my creeper checking out the underside. The fresh water drain on the XG32 is of course under the bed but doesn't require any disassembly, access panel hinges up and has gas struts. The drain stub-out under the coach has a bunch of the spray foam around it but there is enough pipe to attach an extension so I can drain the tank without making a wet mess on my pole barn concrete. It has the "dealer's water so I need to sanitize. The DEF filler hose goes over the frame and doesn't appear to have low spots that would impede filling it. Not much slope to the hose though. Otherwise didn't see any other blaring faults.

Front bumper is missing the 2 left side screws. Doesn't appear they were ever installed. Shoddy factory work. I've followed the threads of bumper replacement and may go that route. I climbed on a ladder and was able to unroll the driver side slide awning, (topper) and get it straight. Hard to say if it will stay that way. One issue I see is the slide awning roller curves in toward the slide in the middle due to fabric tension. I suspect it's undersized roller issue and doesn't have the strength to stay straight and keep the awning taut. The XG32 isn't a full wall slide so I wonder what the other models look like that have the large slides. Since the center of the awning sags, water collects because the material isn't taut. That will be an issue I address for warranty after I'ver used it some.

Yesterday when I got home and when I went into the bathroom, the bathroom touchpad was floating in the toilet. Fortunately is was fresh water in it, not "business" water. Hallway lights were going from full bright to dim back and forth, pump turning off and on, vent fan going off and on. I removed battery, rinsed it of (just in case), and put a fan blowing on it all night. Today it seems to be behaving. I'll make sure lid is down on travel days. I didn't hit any particular big bumps and had not removed that touch pad previously.

More as I discover it and hopefully just little crap.

EDIT adding. In an earlier thread I commented that the ice maker hose was kinked/pinched going to the ice maker in the freezer section. Last week it was making good ice so apparently getting enough water through the hose. Taking the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" approach.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-02-2021, 05:03 PM   #12

THOR #12751
Quote:

Sorry for the delayed reply..... been busy.

The Xantrex Freedom X 2000 has a built-in ATS. There is a 15A breaker in your Power Distirbution Panel that sends AC power into the Inverter. When there is AC available from shower power or the genny, the ATS bypasses the Inverter and send the AC to the output side of the Inverter so it can power the items (TV's, Fridge, etc.) that are on the Inverter Circuit.

When in this mode the top green LED will be lit and there is an Icon on the panel showing AC is being supplied. The output will also show as 0W (because the Inverter is not supplying power at this point) while the voltage displayed is the current battery voltage available.

When there is no shore or genny power, the second LED will light to indicate the Inverter is now using the batteries to provide AC power. The display will then show power output in watts as well as the battery voltage.

If the remote panel has the power button in the OFF position, it will still light up under shore / genny power. When shore / genny power is removed, the display will go blank and the Inverter will be off.

As an FYI.... my Inverter breaker is labeled "TV Receptacles" this is actually the AC power input to the Inverter. The over-cab TV and outdoor TV happend to be on this circuit (as well as the fridge). If you flip this circuit breaker off, the Inverter will kick on (even under shore / genny power) because you stopped supply AC to the Inverter. Your breaker may be like mine or it may actually say "Inverter."
Old 06-02-2021, 05:17 PM   #13

THOR #12751
Quote:
The fresh water drain on the XG32 is of course under the bed but doesn't require any disassembly, access panel hinges up and has gas struts. The drain stub-out under the coach has a bunch of the spray foam around it but there is enough pipe to attach an extension so I can drain the tank without making a wet mess on my pole barn concrete.
See my post about the electric drain valve I installed for the fresh water tank drain on my Magnitude....

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...ain-26457.html
Old 06-02-2021, 06:50 PM   #14

THOR #22586
Quote:
See my post about the electric drain valve I installed for the fresh water tank drain on my Magnitude....

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...ain-26457.html
Yes I saw that but don't need to do that in this case. Bed flips up and access panel opens with the struts holding it up. Rather easy in the XG32.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-03-2021, 10:08 AM   #15

THOR #22586
Quote:
Got it home yesterday and got under spending time on my creeper checking out the underside.

Front bumper is missing the 2 left side screws. Doesn't appear they were ever installed. Shoddy factory work. I
've followed the threads of bumper replacement a
h.
Well yesterday afternoon I went back out to investigate the missing screws and see what size. Took one off the right side and couldn't get the Thor bumper to align with the holes and clips on the Ford bumper. I got out front looking and see that the Thor bumper is off center to the Ford front end grill etc by 3 inches. Thor bumper mounts a good 3 inches right. Don't know if the Ford bumper isn't centered mounted correctly or if the Thor fender is molded wrong. When it gets light I'll get under and determiner what I can, take some pictures and call the dealer's service department. I'll try to post those pictures also as a follow up.

I'm not going to remove the Thor bumper to see what the factory did wrong because I don't want to run into them saying that because I did something, warranty coverage is denied.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-03-2021, 11:07 AM   #16

THOR #12751
I can't even imagine that Ford manufactured the chassis incorrectly such that the bumper is off center.

Thor adds the fender flares, plastic bumper cover and adhesive paint protection. They also add the fog lights because they are not standard on the XLT package.

Not even sure how the Thor bumper cover could be that far off.... but all things are possible!

Hopefully the coach wasn't damaged at some point before you took delivery.

I had my coach at the Service Center in Wakarusa the first time about a month after I bought it to do a bunch of warranty work. One thing I had found was a small hole in the fabric (that I caught during the PDI). When they were replacing the awning fabric, they found the paint under the awning above the entry door had been poorly touched up.

Between the poor paint and small hole in the awning we deduced that the coach had gotten damaged somewhere between manufacturing and delivery. They asked if I would leave it for a week so they could schedule it to go into their body shop to have the paint fixed properly, which they did.

I think it was damaged at the dealership. The coach had a lot more miles on it than it should have being driven from Indiana to Ohio and maybe a few test drives. Since it was one of the first Magnitudes I'm pretty sure the dealer was driving it to RV Shows. That would explain the mileage on it with the dealership being so close to the plant. My guess it got damaged at show or enroute.

Let us know what you find.....
Old 06-03-2021, 01:03 PM   #17

THOR #22586
Quote:
I can't even imagine that Ford manufactured the chassis incorrectly such that the bumper is off center.

Thor adds the fender flares, plastic bumper cover and adhesive paint protection. They also add the fog lights because they are not standard on the XLT package.

Not even sure how the Thor bumper cover could be that far off.... but all things are possible!

Hopefully the coach wasn't damaged at some point before you took delivery.

I had my coach at the Service Center in Wakarusa the first time about a month after I bought it to do a bunch of warranty work. One thing I had found was a small hole in the fabric (that I caught during the PDI). When they were replacing the awning fabric, they found the paint under the awning above the entry door had been poorly touched up.

Between the poor paint and small hole in the awning we deduced that the coach had gotten damaged somewhere between manufacturing and delivery. They asked if I would leave it for a week so they could schedule it to go into their body shop to have the paint fixed properly, which they did.

I think it was damaged at the dealership. The coach had a lot more miles on it than it should have being driven from Indiana to Ohio and maybe a few test drives. Since it was one of the first Magnitudes I'm pretty sure the dealer was driving it to RV Shows. That would explain the mileage on it with the dealership being so close to the plant. My guess it got damaged at show or enroute.

Let us know what you find.....
I put making tape on the Ford grill and Thor bumper for references. Bumper is right just over 2".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	31095   Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	31096  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	31097  
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-03-2021, 01:30 PM   #18

THOR #12751
The bumper seems to be centered on the chassis. The front license plate mount is centered with the Blue Oval.

Wonder if it is just a molding issue with the plastic?
Old 06-03-2021, 01:48 PM   #19

THOR #22586
Quote:
The bumper seems to be centered on the chassis. The front license plate mount is centered with the Blue Oval.

Wonder if it is just a molding issue with the plastic?
The Thor bumper does not center with the Ford grill and blue oval. Bumper is 2+ inches to right. I took a couple pictures of the tire and fender. The right front tire tread edge is generally even with the fender edge. The left front tire extends outside the fender so that the fender edge is over the tire first tread groove.

I got a PM from Thor support group so I'll call them and see what they say.

Thanks David

For some reason my phone is sending the pictures in a file type deemed invalid so can't get the tire pics sent.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-03-2021, 02:07 PM   #20

THOR #12751
From your picture, the licene plate mount does look centered under the Blue Oval. Maybe its just the angle of the picture.

In any case.... good luck getting that one solved.

I am very close to making a decision on whether I want to add an aftermarket front bumper to protect the front end better in a deer impact, etc.