Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-29-2021, 07:16 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
So I have a Whirlpool fridge. When I got my SV34, I would start to see water on the floor in the kithen after a few hours with the water on. When I had it Thor's Service Center that was on the list. I figured it was a bad PEX crimp so they were supposed to fix the leak when they added the shut off valve. Thor said they pressure tested it and it was good to go.

After I dewinterized it last year, it was leaking again on the first trip. I ended up pulling out the fridge. The problem was the factory ice maker line was not seating into the relay activated water valve. I could see how Thor would have missed it. The leak would only happen when the relay opened to allow water to the ice maker. That was a 5 minute fix and took longer and more work to get the fridge out.

My biggest worry is if the fridge fails and needs replaced. You have to take it out the dinnette window. Hope that never needs to happen!
It’s a Whirlpool and should last a few years. If it was an LG it would break in 2 and take 3 months for repairs.

Old 05-29-2021, 08:34 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Soon as in next Tuesday 5-25. This is the one I test drove in mid March and liked very much. So much it changed the focus of my class C search. Any way I am getting what is a pretty good discount off MSRP for today's market. I talked to them about additional solar and batteries. Apparently they now come with the 2 6V AGM instead of FLA so I worked in 2 more batteries. They don't have a "solar qualified person" so didn't want to quote that addition. Also apparently the solar controller is only good for 190W (they checked the model on board) so adding 2 more 100W wouldn't work anyway. I'll deal with that if needed.

Getting at a CW along the MS gulf coast. They have 2 XG32 but the other one is a recent arrival and higher MSRP.

I don't have any modifications in mind fo it except go use it.
That is great our Thor listed for 171,000 and we got it for 102,000. I can't believe people that pay the so called sale price. Good luck
Old 05-30-2021, 11:45 AM   #23

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
That is great our Thor listed for 171,000 and we got it for 102,000. I can't believe people that pay the so called sale price. Good luck
You don't indicate what model year yours is or when you got it but prior to early 2020 big discounts were easily available. MHS RV in TX earlier this year advertised 25% off the MSRP and when you talked to them, I did there in early April, It's "we don't have it, put your name on the list, give a non refundable deposit, Take It Or Leave It". I left. Decent discounts today require research and persistence.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 03:44 PM   #24

Model: XG-32
State: Texas
THOR #19089
Propane tank

My 2020 XG-32 propane tank was hanging by 1 front bolt with 2 threads when we arrived at our camp site. It had ripped out the 2 wires for the sensor and bent the front foot. Check your tank and hitch bolts for tightness.
Old 05-30-2021, 04:06 PM   #25

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
You don't indicate what model year yours is or when you got it but prior to early 2020 big discounts were easily available. MHS RV in TX earlier this year advertised 25% off the MSRP and when you talked to them, I did there in early April, It's "we don't have it, put your name on the list, give a non refundable deposit, Take It Or Leave It". I left. Decent discounts today require research and persistence.
2021 ace
Old 05-30-2021, 04:52 PM   #26
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
2021 ace
An ACE is No comparison to a Super C in cost.
Old 05-30-2021, 05:12 PM   #27

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
An ACE is No comparison to a Super C in cost.
It's not the cost, It's the deal a person makes on any RV no matter the price. I love the RV shows on tv, this unit here lists for 320,000 and unit 2 lists for 300,000 and unit 3 lists for 350,000 which one do you want. The man says number 3 has the bigger engine like I wanted and the wife likes the king size bed, I know our budget is 325,000 but number 3 has everything we want, we'll take it. These shows want people to pay list price and so does a dealer. I have a friend that bought a car once and said they gave me 5,000 trade in for my old car, I got a great deal. I said that sounds real good, how much did they drop the price of the car. He didn't know he could negotiate the price of the car down. I sold cars for a short time but I left because I didn't like screwing people. I sold a person a van for list price and a second used car to his wife for more than she she could have bought a new one for across the street. Dealers love people that pay list price