Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2020, 01:34 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: North Carolina
THOR #19382
Oh wow!! I am so sorry this happened to you! I hope they find it relatively unscathed or your insurance acts quickly!

Cat
of

Camping- Where Friends & Marshmallows Get Toasted At The Same Time.
2017 Thor Four Winds - wherever the road takes us!
KrisCatNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:26 AM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluidone View Post
OK answer to questions on theft of our RV.

TAG NUMBER HB1L43 Florida
Travel stickers all around the back window and along the rear bumper.
'Retired Navy' Tag on front bumper

THe RV was stored at a covered and fenced storage near the Jacksonville International Airport. Vehicles require a scan card to enter and exit but people can walk in anytime. The parking garage has day parking and Enterprise Car parking areas along with monthly car and RV/Boat parking areas.

The POS jumped the curbs with the F-150 they also stole. They also broke into a houseboat next to our RV and stole all his electronics and tools, they also tried to steal his portable generator but could not get it off the boat. Like someone mentioned you can haul a lot of stuff in a RV. More then likely they slipped the door lock on the RV popped the tumble on the steering column and used a screw driver to unlock and turn the ignition, driving it out.

There may not be any front end damage but for sure rear damage as they BACKED out crashing through the gate. SO the video of them leaving does show a tag number.

No tag number no way to notify the owner and no way to identify who got their RV stolen. That is until we show up to wake the RV up to go camping the next day. Then the police officer was called back out and he completed his report.

Wow that is nice rig. I wish you well in it's recovery. Trying to remember that old song that says if it was not for bad luck you would have no luck at all You say they they backed it out crashing the gate!!! These must have been some pros to do all of that in the dark. If I ever store my RV, I will turn off the chassis battery switch. They would have to be pretty bold and smart to find the switch to turn it back on.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:48 AM   #23

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #10063
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Wow that is nice rig. I wish you well in it's recovery. Trying to remember that old song that says if it was not for bad luck you would have no luck at all You say they they backed it out crashing the gate!!! These must have been some pros to do all of that in the dark. If I ever store my RV, I will turn off the chassis battery switch. They would have to be pretty bold and smart to find the switch to turn it back on.
Yes i would say that these POS have done this before. The house batteries were physically disconnected (something I added in the past). Now to start and run the engine that is engine battery and no that was not disconnected. I will say that a GPS tracker WILL be a part of our next camper for sure.

On a side note here is how insurance is going to work. The camper itself is covered by our vehicle insurance. All the inside STUFF we have, like house hold items and tow bars and Garmin RV GPS basically anything that was not in it when it was manufactured and in it when it was stolen gets covered by home owners insurance and so far that list is over 8k. The only good thing about that is for us it is the same company and the adjusters work together.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:30 PM   #24

Model: A.C.E. 30.1
State: Nebraska
THOR #3161
If u belong to any RV groups on Facebook post information for the group to keep an eye. A couple have been recovered that way from The RV Bunch group.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:05 PM   #25

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #10063
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatwate View Post
If u belong to any RV groups on Facebook post information for the group to keep an eye. A couple have been recovered that way from The RV Bunch group.
I have done that already, Thanks
Old 08-01-2020, 08:07 PM   #26

State: Arizona
THOR #831
Wish someone would steal mine!!
Old 08-01-2020, 08:09 PM   #27
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Leave it running out on the front lawn...
Old 08-01-2020, 08:17 PM   #28

State: Arizona
THOR #831
No, put a for sale sign for $250,000, will be gone by daylight!!
Old 08-01-2020, 08:18 PM   #29

State: Oregon
THOR #19877
Oh no I am so sorry to that. Good luck and I hope the jerks are accosted.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:58 PM   #30

Model: 25.4
State: California
THOR #7440
One of my co workers had his Motorhome stored in a storage lot and a couple of illegals broke into it and were living in it, his fresh water tank was full, LP was full and holding tanks empty when he parked it, the illegals ate all the food, ran the furnace, filled up the holding tanks and took a bunch of their clothes and valuables, security guard spotted the lights on one night and the two were arrested, they just sent them back across the border, my friends wife said she would never step foot in it again let alone sleep in the bed so they had it cleaned up and sold it, I keep my coach parked in my drive way, never had a problem, I know most people do not read their insurance policy until something happens, hope yours comes through for you,
Old 08-01-2020, 10:53 PM   #31

THOR #17954
Quote:
Well today did not happen as I envisioned. The wife and I headed over to our storage facility to get our 31L ready to go for the coming week of camping. When i drove over to our storage plot our 2017 Thor Chateau 31L was missing. We went to the office and was told that our unit and a Ford F-150 were stolen, and a houseboat was broken into and all the electronics stolen along with all the tools onboard. They had video of the perps driving my RV crashing through the exit gate along with the pickup. Yes police were called and a stolen motor vehicle report filed along with notifying our insurance company. That was not how I had planned to spend my afternoon. Needless to say we are not camping this coming week.

I hope they find our motorhome quickly and with limited damage. I also hope our insurance holds up their end too. Like I said, not quite how I had envisioned this afternoon to happen........

Terrible, truly sorry for your loss. At least a large unit like yours should be found. It's a matter of time. Hopefully you have full coverage. Best of luck. God bless.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:20 PM   #32

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
THOR #9033
Quote:
Well today did not happen as I envisioned. The wife and I headed over to our storage facility to get our 31L ready to go for the coming week of camping. When i drove over to our storage plot our 2017 Thor Chateau 31L was missing. We went to the office and was told that our unit and a Ford F-150 were stolen, and a houseboat was broken into and all the electronics stolen along with all the tools onboard. They had video of the perps driving my RV crashing through the exit gate along with the pickup. Yes police were called and a stolen motor vehicle report filed along with notifying our insurance company. That was not how I had planned to spend my afternoon. Needless to say we are not camping this coming week.

I hope they find our motorhome quickly and with limited damage. I also hope our insurance holds up their end too. Like I said, not quite how I had envisioned this afternoon to happen........
Nice of them to inform you before you got the shock of seeing it missing from your spot.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:03 AM   #33

THOR #18343
As long as you informed your carrier where the MH was stored and can prove the normal things like it’s a fenced & gated facility (most are live in manger) your insurance Co. should step up! Be advised Even though it was beyond your control your rates will go up at some point... By chance did you pay for the storage facilities insurance? The facility also has a responsibility to carry insurance protecting the property. So putting a claim in to their insurance company will prevent that! If you didn’t it certainly wouldn’t hurt to inquire about what they are willing to do about it? They certainly do have a limited amount of responsibility as far as securing the property to protect your property!! If they balk I’m almost positive your attorney will advise them otherwise??
Wish you luck & hope when they find it it’s worth it??
Old 08-02-2020, 01:56 AM   #34

State: South Carolina
THOR #17805
Oh man, I am so sorry! We have a Chateau 31w, I would be beside myself. Ours is in our back yard, at our house, never thought about storage, too hard to have to go get it to load, etc. We have been on a trip every month since we have had it.
I certainly hope the POS that did this pays the price. People are just stupid...you can not fix stupid. Prayers for its safe return. ��❤️
Old 08-02-2020, 12:12 PM   #35

State: North Carolina
THOR #13886
Quote:
There may not be any front end damage but for sure rear damage as they BACKED out crashing through the gate. SO the video of them leaving does show a tag number.

No tag number no way to notify the owner and no way to identify who got their RV stolen. That is until we show up to wake the RV up to go camping the next day. Then the police officer was called back out and he completed his report.

So the video DOES show the tag #?
Old 08-02-2020, 12:17 PM   #36
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSMAN View Post
One of my co workers had his Motorhome stored in a storage lot and a couple of illegals broke into it and were living in it, his fresh water tank was full, LP was full and holding tanks empty when he parked it, the illegals ate all the food, ran the furnace, filled up the holding tanks and took a bunch of their clothes and valuables, security guard spotted the lights on one night and the two were arrested, they just sent them back across the border, my friends wife said she would never step foot in it again let alone sleep in the bed so they had it cleaned up and sold it, I keep my coach parked in my drive way, never had a problem...
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1596370631
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EWWWwwwwwwww.....jpg
Views:	80
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	25351  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 01:24 PM   #37

THOR #12610
My insurance would provide a rental to be able to use a reservation we have.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #38
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
How much is the per day limit on your rental coverage?
(A lot of RV policies won't come close to covering the actual cost... )
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 03:09 PM   #39

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasspilot View Post
So the video DOES show the tag #?
Not sure you are allowed to ask that question? "Maybe it does and maybe it don't"
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:35 PM   #40

THOR #12610
I looked to see what the coverage was ,but it only said they would arrange
it. They probably have contractors like they do for road service.