Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2019, 04:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Outlaw 29H - Useless Swivel Seats?

So we've only had our 2018 Oulaw 29H about 7 months and it was the dealer over the winter a few months for warranty work.

Been spending on a lot of time upgrading and fixing things. Also trying some things we have never used.

We have never tried the turning the captains seats around to use to sit on in the living area. Thor gives you booster seats so you can sit higher given the floor height in the cab versus the coach.

I just tried to turn both captains chairs around to face the living area and you can't do it!!!

If you try to turn the drivers seat one direction, the seat back hits the steering wheel regardless of how much you slide the seat forward or back. If you try to swivel it in the other direction, the seat base hits the cab wall.

I have read some posts about putting seat back up, arm rest up, arm rest down, steering wheel tilted all the way up. I have tried about every combination. You can almost get the drivers seat around but it is really going to do a number on the seat back

Same deal with the passenger seat. One direction the seat hits the engine cover and the other direction it hits the cab wall.

Maybe I am missing something but it would appear the swivel seats are useless... and Thor included booster seats for both for some reason.

We looked at a used 2015 Outlaw 29H, which was the first year for it I believe. The seats in the cab were power seats and did not swivel. I assumed they dropped the power seats to make the cab seats more usable for the coach... and that seems to be their intent with the booster seats but for the life of me I can't get them to turn 180 degrees in either direction.

I guess I could always unbolt them when we hit camp and manually spin them around...... otherwise we just freed up some space since we never will have to carry the booster seats.

Old 04-02-2019, 05:42 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Patience... you'll find the "sweet spot".
You just have to find the right fore/aft positioning for it.
(It took me about 15 minutes to find it... )
It also helps if you bring the seatback all the way forward.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:45 PM   #3

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
I tried seat forward... seat aft.... seat middle..... arm rest up.... arm rest down.... steering wheel up..... swivel left..... swivel right.....

I was dizzy after all of that! LOL
Old 04-02-2019, 06:06 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I agree... It's about like threading a needle during a hurricane...

But if I can do it: YOU can too!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:06 PM   #5

Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
Outlaw 29H - Useless Swivel Seats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I tried seat forward... seat aft.... seat middle..... arm rest up.... arm rest down.... steering wheel up..... swivel left..... swivel right.....

Yea, it takes trial and error. You have to spin the driver side half way, then move the base forward/aft to get it to spin the rest. The passenger has one sweet spot and is a little easier. I usually end up leaving the driver and just using passenger side. The swivel only started being an option in mid 2017 (I’m 2017.5 and have them), I’ve talked to others with 2017.0 and they don’t.

Edit: careful when blindly trying to slide it mid-turn. In my frustration I was a little less careful then I should have been, and sliced my hand open. Some of this edges on the base are sharp!!
Old 04-03-2019, 10:41 AM   #6

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickstand View Post
The swivel only started being an option in mid 2017 (I’m 2017.5 and have them), I’ve talked to others with 2017.0 and they don’t.
I wondered about not having them, ours 2016 29H, no swivel seats.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:05 AM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
We found them to be useful; even though they can put up a fight.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:12 PM   #8
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Patience... you'll find the "sweet spot".
You just have to find the right fore/aft positioning for it.
(It took me about 15 minutes to find it... )
It also helps if you bring the seatback all the way forward.
Quote:

Seat Back, not seat. Tilt the seat forward.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:43 AM   #9

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Arizona
THOR #13228
Quote:

We installed the swivels on our 24F and like them. As others said the driver has a sweet spot to shift the seat forward to complete the turn. Each need the door to be open or at least ajar. Managed to spin both ours by just bumping the doors out during a heavy rain while packing up. We do not have any boosters and like that while seated feet are out like a lounger. Comfy place to sit an read with back reclined.

YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 05-07-2019, 02:47 AM   #10

State: Massachusetts
THOR #14311
We got ours to swivel (during our first trip two weeks ago) on our 2018 29H. But we were stuck inside in the rain. It was probably 20 mins of rail and error. Once finally done, we decided it wasn’t worth it. And the booster seats were hilarious because if you leaned to the side they’d shift and just about ejected you. The boosters will stay home for now on. We probably wrong bother rotating the seats again. Or if we do it will most likely only be the passenger seat.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:28 AM   #11

Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
The thing I like most about swiveling them is that I can hide recycling behind the driver side and a clothes hamper behind the passenger.