Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2021, 12:56 AM   #1

State: California
THOR #21046
Pairing to Jensen JWM12A

Has anyone experienced trouble getting their smartphones paired to the Jensen JWM12A house stereo?

Old 03-16-2021, 01:02 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Yes, I have paired in the past, but lately have not been able to.
Old 03-18-2021, 03:37 AM   #3

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
State: Virginia
THOR #12448
I have experienced some issues. Firstly, occasionally it just won’t connect. I’ve found killing all power to the radio (turn off 120v at the pedestal, hit the 12v disconnect switch and turning back on; although in retrospect, finding and pulling the right 12v fuse seems like it would be a more efficient way to accomplish the same goal) will reset it and then you can most times use it fine for a while before it acts up again.

The range of Bluetooth is horrible, too. If I’m outside and get more than 10’ away from the unit, it’ll start to have connection issues. Compare that with my firefly unit which is surrounded by other electrical items and I can still connect to it from inside the house which is about 30’, a coach wall and a house wall away.

The user interface is not very intuitive. I’m the guy everyone always comes to when they have issues with tech, but I struggle with removing a pairing and repairing my phone when it just won’t work with the Jensen any longer. However, once I rediscover the magic incantation necessary, repairing my phone usually makes it work for a while if I can’t “reboot” the coach.

When it is working, it keeps popping back up on my phone that the Jensen app wants to control the radio.

Needless to say, I’m not a fan. We’ve stopped using either built-in radio and just resorted to using some Sony Bluetooth portable speakers when we want some music. They sound much better anyway, can set it right next to you (i.e, play things quieter and be a good neighbor) and it can double as a phone charger.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/C...VAWVWIWYsm.jpg
TheDustyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 12:01 PM   #4

Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Yes, a good portable bluetooth speaker is the best solution for us.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:33 PM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Jensen JWM10A in my 2020 Magnitude and had issues with it losing the pairing. I would either have to kill the 12v power to reboot it or delete it from my phone and re-pair it.

I talked to Jensen and they sent me a new radio but it behaves the same way. I was hoping the JWM12A would have fixed the problem but obviously it doesn't.

I will probably replace it with another single DIN unit if I can find one that will work better.
Old 03-21-2021, 04:05 AM   #6

Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Texas
THOR #16368
Exact same issue here! Have spent a lot of time w Jensen trying to rectify. We use Bluetooth speaker as well. Crazy that we would expect it to actually work every single time, right?
Old 03-14-2023, 10:36 PM   #7

Model: Magitude SV34
State: Alabama
THOR #25156
Jwn12a

I have a 2022 Thor Magnitude and have never been able to connect to the bluetooth on my JWN12A it connects on the phone and when I turn the music on the sound goes off like it does on any other and starts playing on that device but nothing on the Jensen
Old 03-14-2023, 10:45 PM   #8

THOR #25156
JWM12A my bad
Old 03-14-2023, 11:43 PM   #9

Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Texas
THOR #16368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Jensen JWM10A in my 2020 Magnitude and had issues with it losing the pairing. I would either have to kill the 12v power to reboot it or delete it from my phone and re-pair it.

I talked to Jensen and they sent me a new radio but it behaves the same way. I was hoping the JWM12A would have fixed the problem but obviously it doesn't.

I will probably replace it with another single DIN unit if I can find one that will work better.
It’s more work than it’s worth. I mess with it periodically, but not lately.

Did you find a replacement unit to do Bluetooth better in your coach? I still have JMW10A.
Old 03-15-2023, 01:15 AM   #10

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liscio View Post
I have a 2022 Thor Magnitude and have never been able to connect to the bluetooth on my JWN12A it connects on the phone and when I turn the music on the sound goes off like it does on any other and starts playing on that device but nothing on the Jensen

There is a pairing procedure in the manual but it is not the easiest. The phones also don’t reconnect automatically all the time.

The Jensen unit is junk. I was going to replace it but decided I didn’t use it enough to spend the money on replacing it.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:49 AM   #11

Model: Magnitude BH35
THOR #23156
Quote:

We have the same experience. I like to use it because in our BH35 the speakers are directly above where we lay in bed and can use those speakers to watch TV rather than TV speakers and have the sound relatively low so as to not wake the kids up in the front cab. When it works it is fine, but when it decides not to pair I want to rip it out and throw it out the window. If you do find a suitable replacement I'd love to hear what you come up with. It would be great to have something that the TV could connect to via HDMI and utilize eARC and CEC for seamless control.
Old 03-16-2023, 01:01 AM   #12

THOR #25156
Thanks, we have tried everything suggested---no luck. Hope someone comes up with something that works.
Old 03-16-2023, 11:31 AM   #13

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by pohoda View Post
We have the same experience. I like to use it because in our BH35 the speakers are directly above where we lay in bed and can use those speakers to watch TV rather than TV speakers and have the sound relatively low so as to not wake the kids up in the front cab. When it works it is fine, but when it decides not to pair I want to rip it out and throw it out the window. If you do find a suitable replacement I'd love to hear what you come up with. It would be great to have something that the TV could connect to via HDMI and utilize eARC and CEC for seamless control.
I actually thought of trying to find a small sound bar that I could mount to the bottom of the TV.

I replaced the Axxera TV with a SmartTV and a better mount that extends and swivels so now i have some flexibility. I haven't really looked into the smallest sound bar that has the HDMI in it... but I may try when I have some time one of these days.
Old 03-16-2023, 04:13 PM   #14

Model: Magnitude BH35
THOR #23156
Quote:
I actually thought of trying to find a small sound bar that I could mount to the bottom of the TV.

I replaced the Axxera TV with a SmartTV and a better mount that extends and swivels so now i have some flexibility. I haven't really looked into the smallest sound bar that has the HDMI in it... but I may try when I have some time one of these days.
That's a great idea. I have been looking for a decent soundbar also that has CEC and ARC. The one that Thor included on the outside TV does not appear to have that. Haven't upgraded the TV in bedroom, but I did add an Nvidia Shield to it which comes with its own remote and allows me to control the TV volume as well. That also allows me to use our Plex Media server which I run from my laptop connected to an 8TB HD so we have endless entertainment even with no Internet.
Old 03-16-2023, 05:09 PM   #15

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by pohoda View Post
That's a great idea. I have been looking for a decent soundbar also that has CEC and ARC. The one that Thor included on the outside TV does not appear to have that. Haven't upgraded the TV in bedroom, but I did add an Nvidia Shield to it which comes with its own remote and allows me to control the TV volume as well. That also allows me to use our Plex Media server which I run from my laptop connected to an 8TB HD so we have endless entertainment even with no Internet.
This is the smallest one I have seen so far..... but it is a little more than I would want to spend.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0&ie=UTF8&th=1

I bought this one to replace the outside sound bar and it's $40 less..... but is is ~32" wide.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one is 16" and only $45 and might be worth a flyer....

https://www.amazon.com/LITTOAK-Bluet...NsaWNrPXRydWU=