Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-08-2022, 01:42 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #20809
personal experience with service in Sarasota/Tampa Fl area

Can anyone recommend a good dealer or service center in the Sarasota / Tampa Fl area? I'm new to the area and would like to establish a relationship with a reputable dealer.

Old 08-08-2022, 04:18 PM   #2

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryD View Post
Can anyone recommend a good dealer or service center in the Sarasota / Tampa Fl area? I'm new to the area and would like to establish a relationship with a reputable dealer.
The answer will depend on whether you're wanting sales or service?
Most any dealer can get you into a deal on a new/used rv, but "a reputable dealer" that has a great service department are a bit rare to find.
The service departments are like the factories, they can't keep up with the demand so as for the factory quality suffers, whereas dealer service departments are months & months behind trying to keep up with the demand so be prepared to wait months & months to get in then wait some more.
If you could find a rv repair facility that does not have a sales department would be the best option. Some are also authorized warranty facilities if that's what you're need may be.
As for your chassis you'll need a commercial facility of whaterver brand of chassis yours may be. Do not take the rv to a rv dealer for chassis work, most can barely fix the rv part let alone the chassis that they know nothing about.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 02:31 AM   #3

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Depending on your needs, you might consider a mobile tech. Since no one has yet named a place, check the ratings on Yellp or Googul.
Old 08-09-2022, 12:15 PM   #4

Model: Magnitude SV34
THOR #20809
I called to places nearby, both authorized Thor service centers. The 1st, Campbell, immediately refused to do warranty work since I had not bought the RV from them but was happy to to schedule non warranty work. The second, Gravelys, also a Thor dealer, has no issue with warranty work and instead immediately wanted to discuss the work and how it might be fixed. Guess I know whom I'll be establishing. relationship with....