Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2016, 05:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #6160
plumbing issue - Outlaw class C

Greetings fellow Thor owners!

I was referred to this forum while out camping this past weekend and this is my first post as a new Outlaw owner. We took delivery about a month ago and have been out camping in it twice. On our first trip out, we noticed there was water coming from under the slide while we were driving down the road and thought maybe it was water coming up from the road. Then this past weekend, we were camping and washing dishes and that's when our camp neighbors (also Thor owners) notified us we had soapy water coming out from under the slide. Well, further investigation revealed that the plumbing under the sink was likely bound up too tight because the pipe completely sheared off where it connects to the grey water tank. So now we think when we used the sink on our first trip, which wasn't for much, the water we noticed was likely pooled up under the sink and came out when we were in motion. When we took delivery, I climbed around under the coach to make sure things were connected (much to the surprise of our salesman LOL) but I didn't remove the panel under the sink to check for connections there. I'm betting if I had, I would have discovered it was already sheared off, probably the first time the slide was opened, and that we took delivery of it that way. I'm calling Thor tomorrow and will see what they have to say. Unfortunately, our fixed home is more than 250 miles from our dealership so I'm hoping for a referral to a local shop. In all honestly, I could easily replace the broken part myself and make sure things don't get bound up but with a brand new coach, I'm not inclined to do that. As far as I can tell, there isn't any water damage, but I'm sure glad we didn't go any longer without realizing there was a problem.

I think I've attached a couple of photos but with this being my first post, I'm not sure LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	plumbing 1.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	3606

Click image for larger version

Name:	plumbing 2.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	3607

Kathy

Old 01-27-2017, 10:42 PM   #2

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
Had the same thing happen. Thor used a b...s... Clamping system on the connection of the flex pipe to the tank elbow. It had inch and half self tapping screws that hung up in the canvas bag while extending the slide. The entire slide jumped in the air alerting me to it. The dealership couldn't take it back for a month so I used a fernco fitting and fixed it myself. When the dealership took it in they said Thor will warranty the grey tank replacement Because all the piping is glued. I took the unit back again for other identified problems. When I got home removed panel only to find my fix and no new parts. Another problem is the flex hose places pressure on the fittings when slide is retracted if not routed correctly
Old 01-28-2017, 02:09 AM   #3

Model: tuscany xte 36mq
State: Alberta
THOR #3607
plumbing

on the first trip had the same issue with the main vanity,in my case it stayed inside the coach and all over the floor,all the drain p-traps and water lines were loose,spent half hour and did my own repair,not worth the time to contact the dealer,it is a rolling earthquake so i tighten everything that need it NOTHING LIKE LIFE ON THE ROAD 2016 TUSCANY XTE 36MQ with Pontiac G5 toad
Old 01-29-2017, 04:54 PM   #4

THOR #6160
Thanks for the replies!

When I called Thor, they referred me to a service center that was more than 80 miles away when it turns out there is a shop 15 miles away that is authorized to do Thor warrantee work. They are going to do the work and said the same thing about having to replace the grey water tank. We had a camping trip planned first so we ended up making due with a simple funnel from the pipe to the grey water tank and it actually worked great. Sorry to hear at least one of you got your coach flooded by this problem!

Kathy
Old 06-20-2017, 02:49 AM   #5

Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #7955
Same problem, my flex drain hose came off the first time the side was extended. Noticed water running out the bottom/outside of the slide out.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:06 PM   #6

THOR #6160
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM800 View Post
Same problem, my flex drain hose came off the first time the side was extended. Noticed water running out the bottom/outside of the slide out.
Was it able to be reattached or did it snap off? Ours snapped off right where it went into the gray water tank and that whole thing had to be replaced.

Kathy
Old 06-20-2017, 03:15 PM   #7

Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #7955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikrgrrl View Post
Was it able to be reattached or did it snap off? Ours snapped off right where it went into the gray water tank and that whole thing had to be replaced.

Kathy

It did not snap off. Was not assembled correctly and had to be re-attached.