Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2022, 03:28 PM   #1
KTM

Brand: Still Looking
State: Europe
THOR #25359
Thor Outlaw 29J additional water tank?

Anybody has any experience in regards to additional water tank for Outlaw 29J? Is there place on the frame to install one? The 40 Gal or whatever there is, is really not enough when not connected to city water. Any experience in the matter appreciated, thank you

Old 06-18-2022, 08:04 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
No experience with this however sitting here at the campground I see travel trailers with 2@5 gal blue jerrycans, one with 4@2.5 gal clear plastic cubes and my favorite a home brewer with 3@5 gal corney kegs - all with extra water and all filled up last night at the community spigot. When asked it was so the kids had a shower the night before going home.

When I ran into this problem I inverted it and asked why am I using so much water boondocking. That resulted in a water budget per day tested over time. Found out one of us had some bad practices like letting the water run while brushing teeth and not using the toilet correctly. Fixed those and got another 2 days off grid.

Water is heavy at 8.34#/gal, roughly. It’s a trade off.