Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2020, 12:20 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: New York
THOR #7508
Quantum 31sw

Levelers say low voltage and statics coming in on the radio when when i try to lower levelers one at a time. Sounds like a short someplace. Where should I look? Also when im plugged in at home does that charge house batteries under steps?

Old 04-02-2020, 06:51 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3401
State: Arkansas
THOR #12542
I don't know your model at all so I can't give any specific advise, but I recommend starting with checking the battery voltage with an accurate voltmeter. If the voltage is actually low, then start digging into the charging system.

If your RV has a use/store switch, then it probably needs to be in the "use" position while plugged in to shore power in order for all of the batteries to charge.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:37 PM   #3

Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
I assume you have the engine running while you are operating the levelers. I was getting a low-voltage error on mine even though the batteries were fully charged and the engine was running. I checked the voltage at the leveler pump and it was good, so I was stumped for a while. In my case it ended up being a bad ground due to corrosion. Voltage at the pump was okay until you tried to turn it on, then it would drop due to the bad ground.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:44 PM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Make sure the 100AMP breaker did not trip in the battery bay.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:00 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
The current coach is different so I won't state how my levelers work.

On the Challenger (prior coach) when I got a low voltage message at the levelers running the engine at high idle (1,000 RPM) for about 30 seconds would usually correct the problem. The Lippert leveling system requires, if I remember correctly, a little over 13 VDC to operate. The Challengers system had a LCD display where I could cycle through and check the voltage before engaging the leveling system.

The house batteries should charge when connected to shore power. If they are not make sure your Master Power (Use/Store) switch is on (Use).
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:31 PM   #6

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
also, if you have the Lippert 'Level Up' panel for your levelers, you can easily go into MANUAL mode, by pressing and holding that button for a few seconds, and the 'low voltage' alert will be overridden ... you can then move either pairs of legs with the Arrows.

and yes, your HOUSE batteries should always be 'Charging' when you are plugged into Shore POwer, or running the Generator, AS LONG AS you have your doorside 'Use/Store' switch in the 'up' position, for 'USE', meaning you WANT the power to charge your batteries. The STORE mode disconnects all your 12v items and keeps your batteries from being charged.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote