Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-09-2021, 05:43 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: South Carolina
THOR #24479
Quantum or Freedom Elite Buying Advice Wanted

My wife and I recently visited our local (Charleston, SC) Camping World and like the Quantum and Freedom Elite models. We're looking to buy a used motorhome <2 yrs old and <$80k. We're willing to travel anywhere in the continental US (eg. AZ, FL). I imagine there are previous threads and websites like autotrader.com to help us in our search. The two of us mature adults (and no others) plan to live in it and to visit National Parks over about twelve months. I'm leaning toward a 22-24' model now.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 08-10-2021, 12:42 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: California
THOR #22927
Good choice on size . There are limits to the size of rv spots National parks have. I also recommend you have Road Side assistance. Sometimes Good Sams has
yearly plans on sale, also the insurance company you insure through.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:03 PM   #3

Model: 22FE
State: New York
THOR #5330
We have a FE22, and really like it. absolutely no problems that couldn't be fixed by me in 30 minutes of time. It's a 2016 by the way and has never been back to the dealer for any warranty work, grease, oil and filter changes I do myself. We downgraded from a Forest River Class A when we bought the FE by the way. Easy to park, fits in any campsite and easy in and out of National Park campgrounds. Do I have any complaints, only one, I wish I got better gas mileage. We're getting around 9-1/2 to 10 depends on terrain but it's 4 thousands lighter than the Class A and we got an even 10 with that. It has the Ford V-10 with the 6 speed transmission. Would I buy it again, yes.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:11 PM   #4

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I’d don’t believe there is any functional difference between the comparableQuantum and Freedom Elite models. The former have some upscale finishes that may or may not be worth it to any particular buyer. When we were looking at 2017 Class Cs we chose the FE and had very few problems with it. Ours was the 26 ft model and we also were just two retired folks moving from a small travel trailer. We both believed the FE would be perfect for the more extensive traveling we planned. We traded it after barely 6 months for a 29 ft class A and we’re much happier. You should be able to find a 2 year old model for less than your budget even in the current market. Good luck and happy, safe travels. It’s a great lifestyle.

Tags
buying used, freedom elite, quantum, used thor