Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2017, 10:29 PM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
It seems that the Freedom Elite Series is built to cater to a different crowd...

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:42 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Cheap?
Old 09-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I might say that they're aimed at the "No-Frills" clientele...

Some of us like our conveniences, and don't mind paying for them.
Others take a more... austere route to their fun!
Old 09-17-2017, 02:59 PM   #24

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Not cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Cheap?
Same floor plan , same mechanicals. Just some options aren't available.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:18 PM   #25

THOR #3245
Quantum's are built in a separate factorythat ONLY makes Quantum's.

Four Winds, Chateau, Freedom Elite, Rental units etc are made all in a separate factory.

Freedom Elite is a cheap unit.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:16 PM   #26

THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleazenby View Post
Quantum's are built in a separate factorythat ONLY makes Quantum's.

Four Winds, Chateau, Freedom Elite, Rental units etc are made all in a separate factory.

Freedom Elite is a cheap unit.

I think that is true (Quantums have their own factory) now but that it is a recent development. Not sure that means they are "better" though. Freedom Elite models appear to be identical to Four Winds save for the fact that you don't have any ability to order options. They are a "house brand" exclusive to Camping World and while they are pretty basic they also are pretty inexpensive. Partly, I'm sure, this is because CW ordered hundreds (maybe thousands) of them during the recession. I believe CW's contract for Freedom Elites has expired now and that there will be no more of them. I have a 2017 .Freedom Elite 26HE and it has had no warranty needs at all in 8000 miles. I'm expecting the best from it. Considering that it cost less than a nice pickup truck I consider it a good value and I'd not hesitate to recommend them to someone on a budget.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:38 AM   #27

THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I think that is true (Quantums have their own factory) now but that it is a recent development. Not sure that means they are "better" though. Freedom Elite models appear to be identical to Four Winds save for the fact that you don't have any ability to order options. They are a "house brand" exclusive to Camping World and while they are pretty basic they also are pretty inexpensive. Partly, I'm sure, this is because CW ordered hundreds (maybe thousands) of them during the recession. I believe CW's contract for Freedom Elites has expired now and that there will be no more of them. I have a 2017 .Freedom Elite 26HE and it has had no warranty needs at all in 8000 miles. I'm expecting the best from it. Considering that it cost less than a nice pickup truck I consider it a good value and I'd not hesitate to recommend them to someone on a budget.

I think you might be right about FE and camping world. Was there today at the store and noticed some Four Winds units. They were never there before.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:17 AM   #28

State: California
THOR #8920
Soo I was out at a La Mesa show in Vallejo today.. took a good look at the specs of a Chateau 31W and compared it to a Quantum WS31.... only difference we're the materials used for the interior and a few minor options that not a major factor IMO.
As for the craftsman ship.. they are both the same.. not the greatest workmanship. I saw crooked cabinets/hinges , cabinet shelves about to fall off due to missing screws for cabinet doors, stables/nails sticking out, etc.... on both models... but Oh well it was expected from what I been reading about how these MH we're built. Think i made up my mind and decided on the Chateau 31W.. now let the dealing part begin..
Old 09-24-2017, 06:56 AM   #29

THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyh99 View Post
Soo I was out at a La Mesa show in Vallejo today.. took a good look at the specs of a Chateau 31W and compared it to a Quantum WS31.... only difference we're the materials used for the interior and a few minor options that not a major factor IMO.
As for the craftsman ship.. they are both the same.. not the greatest workmanship. I saw crooked cabinets/hinges , cabinet shelves about to fall off due to missing screws for cabinet doors, stables/nails sticking out, etc.... on both models... but Oh well it was expected from what I been reading about how these MH we're built. Think i made up my mind and decided on the Chateau 31W.. now let the dealing part begin..
Quantum has some options you can't get on others. Was wood different. I know in mine it is all solid wood no particle board. One other thing might be exterior paint. Not too much difference.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:46 PM   #30

Model: 2017 Quantum
State: California
THOR #9015
Quantum Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcpe View Post
We have the Quantum WS31. What I have found is the finish surfaces are nice, however, I doubt there's much different between it and the others behind the walls. I have found so many loose screws, nuts and bolts, and every one has been the source of a problem. I believe there are a few Standards in the Quantum, but not really sure one would not be better off without them for the lesser cost.
I agree. We bought a KM24 recently. I do enjoy the nicer cabinets, window treatments and some of the other nice touches included. BUT based on our experience the quality of the Quantum is not any better than any of the other poorly crafted rigs out there. We have numerous items on our warranty repair list due to poor THOR craftsmanship on our rig. I am taking it back to the dealer this month for our first round of warranty repairs and the list is pretty long. And that list does not even include the many things I just fixed myself so we could just use and enjoy our RV for a few trips until we got it back to the dealer.

We got the Mercedes chassis which is plain jane on features but so far has been perfect on performance and dependability. That is where the quality ended however. Workmanship from THOR is just plain sloppy and disappointing to say the least.

If it is important to you - Spend the money on the Quantum's nice cabinets, window covering, shower upgrades, etc. Just do not expect any improvement in quality compared to other THOR units. Until they pay their employees more and insist on some basic quality standards their product will always be full of problems stemming form poor craftsmanship and poor quality control.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:08 PM   #31

THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
They offered you the "loose screw" option??

Me too!

I got that free, and I think they gave me the extra sawdust and wood scrap option too.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:30 PM   #32

Model: Chateau 22E
State: Arizona
THOR #12146
Quantum

We traded our 2018 22E Chateau for a 2018 28RW Quantum. Yes there is a difference. On the road it’s a lot quieter, more stable. The 22E was a real handful on the highway. We got blown off the road into the shoulder by a gust. You could not drive it with one hand. It was very tiring on a long trip. The Quantum is so much better on the highway. You can actually have a normal conversation without screaming. The interior is better, higher quality. The A/C is much better and quieter. It was so loud you couldn’t hear the TV. When we bought the Chateau we had several warranty issues.
1 Generator wouldn’t start
2 The A/C stopped working during the walkthrough and had to be replaced.
3 Water heater did not work.
4 Refrigerator did not work in the propane mode.
5 several trim pieces fell off.

So far we have no issues with our Quantum. Hopefully I haven’t jinxed myself.Plus we got 48k off the list price.
Overall the Quantum seems like a step up from the Chateau.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:44 PM   #33
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Congratulations!

But I wonder how our original poster made out?
Old 09-12-2018, 05:39 PM   #34

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
I think I saw where the Quantums have a "Automotive" type windsheild above the cab (Bunk area). So that might be something that attracts some buyers to this model.

I like the light (Brightness) the window would provide but hate the heat in my RV so I would NOT pay more for something that I would not use or need. It would end up with the reflective bubbles in it 99% of the time if it was my rig.

Perhaps they are installing more sound insulation (from what the post above said) I figured thay would be the same other than decor and some upscale features?
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:28 AM   #35

Model: Quantum RS26
THOR #10823
We went looking at a Freedom Elite 23H when we bought our first motorhome. Went through almost every floor plan they offered. The dealer had, no kidding, 30+ Freedom Elites on the lot and one lone Quantum. After comparing the Freedom 26' and the Quantum 26' side by side there was no comparison. There is a noticeable difference in quality, we went with the Quantum and have never regretted it.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:33 AM   #36

Model: Quantum RS26
THOR #10823
Long and Winding, Yes there is a "skylight" over the bunk. It actually is very nice, lets in lots of light, star gazing at night. DW's cats love to lay under it during the day. For really hot days there is a powered sunshade that closes it off. We've not noticed any excess heat in the bunk with the sun shade closed and really very little with it open. It's well tinted.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:04 PM   #37

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Thats good to know. These RV's get hot enough as it is but I love the idea of a sky-light.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 03:54 PM   #38

THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceret View Post
Unless you want the upgraded paint and decor it is not worth paying extra. You can get an identical floor plan and most options in a Four Winds and Freedom Elite (unique to Camping World).

Not really. Quantum comes with many more extras than Freedom Elite. Including suspension upgrades.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:24 PM   #39

THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46555 View Post
We went looking at a Freedom Elite 23H when we bought our first motorhome. Went through almost every floor plan they offered. The dealer had, no kidding, 30+ Freedom Elites on the lot and one lone Quantum. After comparing the Freedom 26' and the Quantum 26' side by side there was no comparison. There is a noticeable difference in quality, we went with the Quantum and have never regretted it.

Interesting....my dealer also had the 26ft Freedom Elite and the comparable Quantum. The Quantum certainly was prettier but cost nearly 40% more than the FE! We bought the FE and enjoyed it much.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:27 PM   #40
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
We just traded in our Outlaw 29-H for a Tiffin Wayfarer...
Besides the fact that the floorplan and features better fit our needs: the quality of materials and construction sealed the deal...