Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2015, 05:13 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
brilliant designing Thor!

Thanks for that picture though.

That's interesting that you blind panel was stapled. all of mine are screwed into place. I replaced some of them with threaded inserts though, thinking that since these are the panels I'll pull for winterizing and such, they needed to be more durable than a wood screw into soft wood....

Old 09-17-2015, 05:30 PM   #22

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Yep. I'm going to put threaded inserts in also. Just to the left of this is a blind panel that is screwed into place. I have had it off twice and already two of the screws are not holding. And a third screw was in place but there was nothing behind it for the screw to go into. Looks like they used scrap pieces of wood and didn't have one long enough.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:05 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Please, tell me the Vegas does not have a water filter hidden in the bowels of the vehicle.

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:16 PM   #24
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike
Please, tell me the Vegas does not have a water filter hidden in the bowels of the vehicle.
I haven't seen one yet and I've had just about every panel apart now! LOL
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:52 PM   #25

THOR #2020
I finally cut an opening in the panel on the left side of the sink. Now I can reach the filter without any problem. Will screw a panel over the opening to hide it.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #26

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Louisiana
THOR #2095
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
Yep. I'm going to put threaded inserts in also. Just to the left of this is a blind panel that is screwed into place. I have had it off twice and already two of the screws are not holding. And a third screw was in place but there was nothing behind it for the screw to go into. Looks like they used scrap pieces of wood and didn't have one long enough.
I intend to remove the screws entirely and install a piano hinge and drawer
latch the first time I have to access the water heater bypass valve.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:46 PM   #27

THOR #2020
My water heater bypass valve is in the lavatory right next to the toilet. I couldn't swing it if I wanted to. I figure I will only have to remove it one time per year so I don't mind removing four machine screws.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #28

THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post

Can't tell you about the Vegas. I wish I didn't have this one since it is just for the cold water at the kitchen sink. The schematic shows it as a whole coach filter but from what I am seeing the schematic is not correct.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:41 AM   #29

THOR #8763
Our Thor 2017 Chateau 31W inline water filter ....we found ours in the wood cabinet, under the queen mattress, by the fuse box. Might want to check there or call Thor.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:21 PM   #30

THOR #8763
we have a 2017 Thor Chateau 31W......ours is located in the same place....beneath the bed mattress and behind the fuse box????? why? I couldn't tell you but that is where we found ours. Probably because our water tank is located on the passenger side rear?????? Who knows why.....just glad it wasn't on the roof!
Old 08-14-2017, 03:03 PM   #31

Model: Chateau 31A
State: Iowa
THOR #3906
That is where mine was behind the drawer. I cold not figure out how to get the drawers out and it did not even have a filter in it so I just removed it and used an in line filter. So much easier.
2014 Passport Grand Touring
2014 Thor Chateau 31A
Sivymp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:34 PM   #32

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
On my 29h the filter was mounted under the sink in the farthest corner. Almost inaccessible. I had to unscrew a panel to see it. I removed it and replaced it with a homemade manifold. I use a inline one now on the hose. I camp in cold weather and it made a pain to winterize. Oh when I removed it I saw Thor had the in and out reversed.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #33

Model: 2019 Coachman Catalina
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5432
When we got our 31W it was under the bed between the water tank and wall and above the water pump. There was also no way to get the wrench in there to get the canister off. By luck I have the PEX tools and pipe from working on my house and I cut it out and replaced with fittings. I now just use to hose filters like I did on other Rv's. A couple weeks after we bought it I got the how do you like it call from Thor and I told the lady on the phone that where they had the filter was someone's cruel joke. Apparently they are still playing the same joke.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:56 PM   #34

State: Maryland
THOR #7268
Have not found mine....

On my 2017 - 31E, I have not been able to find it. I have looked in all the places mentioned here. Some people in the past have mentioned that it sometimes just get forgotten during the installation. Does not give me a warm feeling, but since I use inline filters when filling the tanks or connected to City water, I do not really care.

I am curious, for the ones where it is under the bed, does that mean that it is only used when you are getting water from your tanks and not on the City line? Or does the city line go from the kitchen, to under the bed, back to the kitchen area? Seems very ineffective if they are doing that.

Oh well....
Old 08-28-2017, 07:10 PM   #35

Model: 2019 Coachman Catalina
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5432
My city water line goes from under kitchen sink all the way to under bed, through where water filter is supposed to be, then out to coach. Yes there are a lot of unnecessary pipes running about the RV.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:13 AM   #36

Model: Chateau 35SD
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8439
Got a shot go mine when it was being built.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0307.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	7430
Old 10-21-2017, 12:40 AM   #37

State: California
THOR #6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
According to the Thor web site a water filter at the kitchen sink is standard. I have been unable to find it. We were supplied with a filter wrench. I didn't know what it was for and asked and was told it was for a filter but the dealer did not know where the filter was located. We looked and cannot find it. I have continued to look but no luck. I expect that either the Thor web site is wrong or it was left off my unit or it is hidden behind some unknown panel. Anyone ideas?
I have a new 2018 Thor Quantum PD-31 and can't find this filter either. I have a wrench and a spare filter and have no idea where this puppy is? I have a follow up appt. with the dealer and will hopefully pend this down
Old 10-21-2017, 03:17 AM   #38

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
The filter on our 2016 Q WS31 is under the bed as is the water pump.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:21 AM   #39

THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Kieffer View Post
I have a new 2018 Thor Quantum PD-31 and can't find this filter either. I have a wrench and a spare filter and have no idea where this puppy is? I have a follow up appt. with the dealer and will hopefully pend this down
You have a filter & wrench... I don't. :P
Old 10-21-2017, 03:31 AM   #40

THOR #7205
Since I don't have a spare filter & wrench.Does anyone know if the one being used is a "Watts Flow-pur"? I think this is what mine looks like: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Watts-Flow-....c100507.m3226