Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-11-2021, 03:39 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2021 Thor Omni BH 35
State: Arizona
THOR #7398
Refrigerator and Fuel tank question

So we picked up our Omni BH35 last weekend and drove it home. Was so dang excited to finally get it to the house. Anyway, the dealer was awesome, we did the walk through and I videod everything we went through just in case I forgot something he showed me.

He answered all my questions, however I forgot to ask about the refrigerator. Does anyone know if it runs off propane or just electric and the inverter?

Also, there is only one fuel guage for both fuel tanks. How will I know whick tank is low? I understand the front tank will get to 3/4 before the rear tank kicks in, but with only one fuel guage its confusing me..lol.. or am I missing something?

Old 03-11-2021, 03:48 AM   #2

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex55 View Post
So we picked up our Omni BH35 last weekend and drove it home. Was so dang excited to finally get it to the house. Anyway, the dealer was awesome, we did the walk through and I videod everything we went through just in case I forgot something he showed me.

He answered all my questions, however I forgot to ask about the refrigerator. Does anyone know if it runs off propane or just electric and the inverter?

Also, there is only one fuel guage for both fuel tanks. How will I know whick tank is low? I understand the front tank will get to 3/4 before the rear tank kicks in, but with only one fuel guage its confusing me..lol.. or am I missing something?
Your RV has a residential style refrigerator, so it only runs off electricity no propane.
You can access in the menu in the center of the dash, the LED screen fuel level for both tanks, I think it's the main screen just scroll down with the buttons on the steering wheel, you will also find the DEF level gauge there. Sometime while parked with the engine running you should go through the various menus so you can see what all is in there and you can customize the main screen also.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:20 AM   #3

Model: 2021 Thor Omni BH 35
State: Arizona
THOR #7398
Thanks! I thought the refrigerator was electeic only but I wanted to make sure in case I missed something. I will take another look at my dash computer screen to see if I missed the fuel gauge. I saw the DEF gauge, of course the sensor on that is not working, that will be a warranty fix.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:06 AM   #4

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
The fridges are 12V DC compressor correct??
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 03:20 AM   #5

THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
The fridges are 12V DC compressor correct??
No it's a 110v
Old 03-20-2021, 03:26 AM   #6

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
No it's a 110v
Thanks what size, 10 cuft?
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 03-20-2021, 03:30 AM   #7

THOR #4243
Quote:
Thanks what size, 10 cuft?
Hmm, I don't remember what size it is. When I'm in mine tomorrow I will look .
I just went on thor's site and it say's 16 cu ft
Old 03-20-2021, 03:35 AM   #8

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
Hmm, I don't remember what size it is. When I'm in mine tomorrow I will look .
I just went on thor's site and it say's 16 cu ft
Nice thanks. I looked at a couple magnitudes today and couldn't find the size on the inside label. I guesstimated them to be a 14-15. GE models.

Now the question how much battery amps and solar charging to keep it running????
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 03-21-2021, 04:32 AM   #9

THOR #4243
Quote:
Nice thanks. I looked at a couple magnitudes today and couldn't find the size on the inside label. I guesstimated them to be a 14-15. GE models.

Now the question how much battery amps and solar charging to keep it running????
That I do not know. I have not put the solar panels on the roof yet since I have a Yamaha 2000 Inverter generator to charge batteries and run small appliances while dry camping, it will run 12 hours on a gallon of gas. Someday I will put the panels on the roof, but no real urgency to do it.
Old 03-21-2021, 09:28 AM   #10

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
The Magnitude / Omni have a residential fridge just like the one in yoru home so it does need 110V AC to rub. It also has a Freedom X 2000 Inverter that powers the following items using the house batteries when shore power is not available or you don't want to run the generator:

- Residential Fridge
- Outdoor Kitchen Dorm Fridge (except XG32)
- Outdoor TV
- Cab-Over BUnk TV
- DVD Plyer
- One outet next to bed for CPAP machine

The stock batteries can run the residential and dorm fridge overnight if they were fully charged. Assuming the firdges were cooled down to operating temp before you start your trip.

There is room for two additional batteries in the battery compartment. I added two 6V Duracell Golf Cart batteries from Batteries Plus that are about the same capacity as the stock batteries. I also added a manual cut-off switch (was not standard on the 2020 Magnitude) and reqired the battery compartment.

I added two Renogy 160W Flexible Panels that are more than adequate for keeping the house batteries topped off of I am not on sure power / using then generator.

If you change the Digital Display option on the dash you can display the guages fro the front and rear fuel tank. You can also bring up the guage for the DEF tank. Just pull out your Ford Owners Manual and it will show you how to change what information is on the dash display.

I might as well also tell you that the fuel pump is in the front fuel tank and it delivers the fuel to the engine. When the fuel level in the front fuel tank drops below three quarter full, fuel automatically transfers from the rear fuel tank to the front fuel tank. Whenever there is fuel in the rear fuel tank, the front fuel tank level remains between half and three quarter full.

If you run out of fuel, you must add fuel to the front fuel tank to restart the engine. The generator is pulling fuel from the front tank as well.
Old 03-21-2021, 11:14 AM   #11

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
The Magnitude / Omni have a residential fridge just like the one in yoru home so it does need 110V AC to rub. It also has a Freedom X 2000 Inverter that powers the following items using the house batteries when shore power is not available or you don't want to run the generator:

- Residential Fridge
- Outdoor Kitchen Dorm Fridge (except XG32)
- Outdoor TV
- Cab-Over BUnk TV
- DVD Plyer
- One outet next to bed for CPAP machine

The stock batteries can run the residential and dorm fridge overnight if they were fully charged. Assuming the firdges were cooled down to operating temp before you start your trip.

There is room for two additional batteries in the battery compartment. I added two 6V Duracell Golf Cart batteries from Batteries Plus that are about the same capacity as the stock batteries. I also added a manual cut-off switch (was not standard on the 2020 Magnitude) and reqired the battery compartment.

I added two Renogy 160W Flexible Panels that are more than adequate for keeping the house batteries topped off of I am not on sure power / using then generator.

If you change the Digital Display option on the dash you can display the guages fro the front and rear fuel tank. You can also bring up the guage for the DEF tank. Just pull out your Ford Owners Manual and it will show you how to change what information is on the dash display.

I might as well also tell you that the fuel pump is in the front fuel tank and it delivers the fuel to the engine. When the fuel level in the front fuel tank drops below three quarter full, fuel automatically transfers from the rear fuel tank to the front fuel tank. Whenever there is fuel in the rear fuel tank, the front fuel tank level remains between half and three quarter full.

If you run out of fuel, you must add fuel to the front fuel tank to restart the engine. The generator is pulling fuel from the front tank as well.
Thanks I was getting ready to ask about physical battery capacity. It looked like butteries have to be put in from above under the top step. Running out of fuel in a diesel is a really bad thing to do and in most requires bleeding the injector put to get it to run. I imagine the Ford is the same. When I test drove it I played a bit with the dash menu and saw the DEF gauge. Lots more I didn't explore though. I presume the solar controller that's installed will handle the extra panes within reason? Is the inverter an all in one, inverter and charger or are they separate units? Had the Magnum inverter/charger in the Itasca. Was 2K MSW as I recall. Your battery cut off that's in place of the "salesman switch" right? Don't recall seeing a battery disconnect but then again the sales guy didn't know much.

Travel day today form Lafayette LA to Canyon Lake TX.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 03-21-2021, 12:12 PM   #12

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Thanks I was getting ready to ask about physical battery capacity. It looked like butteries have to be put in from above under the top step.

I presume the solar controller that's installed will handle the extra panes within reason? Is the inverter an all in one, inverter and charger or are they separate units? Had the Magnum inverter/charger in the Itasca. Was 2K MSW as I recall.

Your battery cut off that's in place of the "salesman switch" right? Don't recall seeing a battery disconnect but then again the sales guy didn't know much.

Travel day today form Lafayette LA to Canyon Lake TX.

Correct, the batteries drop in from the top after opening the step for access. It is a tight fit adding two more batteries but they do fit. The USE / STORE switch is still standard but when I added the two additional batteries I added a heavy duty battery disconnect switch. The switch allows me to run from either battery bank, tie each bank together or remove all 12V power from the coach (including power to the Inverter). The Inverter was wired directly to the batteries.

I heard (but not confirmed) that the 2021 Magnitude / Omni had a battery disonnect switch but the 2020 does not. The wiring in the battery compartment was a mess and I needed to move things around to add the two additional batteries so I added a 4-post power distribution block / busbar to aid in the rewiring whileI was in there.

Some will say the 10A Controller is not big enough for the two 160W panels I installed but I have found that not to be the case. Sure... in a theoretical world if you had perfect conditions and 100% efficiency that night be the case but in the real world it works just fine.

The Xantrex Freedom X 2000 Inverter is an Inverter only. The charger is part of the converter. I replaced the stock WFCO Converter / Charger with a better Progressive Dynamics Converter / Charger.