Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2021, 11:13 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oklahoma
THOR #24964
Can’t Find Light Switch

My dad bought a 2022 Thor Quantum LC27 Thursday and can’t find the switch for the small round reading-type lights above the Murphy bed. They do not have the little silver button on them like the ones over in the dinette. Can anyone suggest any other place to look? We’ve tried all the switches we could find, and they do not press on and off. Thank you!

Old 09-26-2021, 11:47 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
AFAIK if the light itself has a switch, that's the light switch. Did you check the bulb?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 01:07 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Pictures might help, not too many will have the new 2022 anything. It has to be within arms reach.

Have you ever seen seen the lights on, ort is it that you can't turn them off?

We found two new lights that we had never seen before on the side of our Euro Loft. Took me a couple days to figure out how to turn on because they looked just like some other light that had a button in middle of lamp cover. You ruled it out, but ours was press on and off

Good luck
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:46 PM   #4

State: Oklahoma
THOR #24964
The lights were on when he bought it. He went back to the dealer (Camping World) for some paperwork and they checked several of the new models. They all either had the push button type, like he has over his dinette, or they have the style he has and had a switch on the wall beside the bed. He has no switch on the wall. Maybe they installed the wrong lights? I will post pics as soon as I figure out how.
Old 09-27-2021, 05:55 PM   #5

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Try pressing the lens even though there is no button.
I have some lights on other things which have no button. You just click/press the lens.
My long gone Bennington pontoon boat drove me nuts until we figured it out.
Then you had to go click each individual light off. Miss one and it's Jumper Cable City.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:15 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlturner View Post
The lights were on when he bought it. He went back to the dealer (Camping World) for some paperwork and they checked several of the new models. They all either had the push button type, like he has over his dinette, or they have the style he has and had a switch on the wall beside the bed. He has no switch on the wall. Maybe they installed the wrong lights? I will post pics as soon as I figure out how.
Try taking the fixture out to see if you see a hot and a ground wire near by? If so, it really may be the wrong fixture. But the part that gets me is the fact that they were on when he bought it, so somehow something turned them on, and somehow they went Off? but maybe the bulb blew as it could not be turned off?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:58 PM   #7

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Maybe ask the dealer where he bought it. Since they were on, someone there knows.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote