Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2023, 02:27 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #20809
cab windows mysteriously opening?!

got a call yesterday from the manager where I store my Thor that the cab windows on the coach were open. Drove over and sure enough, both passenger side and drivers side windows were open fully. I checked on the coach 5 days earlier and am 100% certain windows were up. Anyone ever have anything like this happen? Is it possible to open the windows via the remote and someone else just happened to sync with mine? I now have to figure out how to monitor this which wont be easy. No damage to the coach as it did not rain over those days but would have been catastrophic had it not been noticed as a major storm blew thru last night. Any ideas on what happened or how to monitor would be greatly appreciated!

Old 01-23-2023, 03:43 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Obviously a FORD chassis issue, but:

I don't know of any remote or remote App (for cell connected vehicles) that has the ability to open windows.

Other than water intrusion on the driver's side switches perhaps your MH was infiltrated by thieves using wedges, air bags and bendy poles?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 05:06 PM   #3

THOR #20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Obviously a FORD chassis issue, but:

I don't know of any remote or remote App (for cell connected vehicles) that has the ability to open windows.

Other than water intrusion on the driver's side switches perhaps your MH was infiltrated by thieves using wedges, air bags and bendy poles?
same. they reviewed the cameras and no one did anything physically. I know that several cars I've had have some key press combo on the remote that raises and lowers the windows. Havent had a change to experiment with mine. I wonder if it does also.,,, annnnnnnd a quick search just answered my question... have to check out if this works:

https://www.akinsford.com/blog/how-t...ndows-feature/
Old 01-23-2023, 05:33 PM   #4

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
I tried it on my 2014 Ford Flex and it did not operate the windows. My 2002 BMW 3 series has that feature and when I bought it brand new in 2001, the dealer showed it to me.

Paul
Old 01-23-2023, 05:34 PM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryD View Post
same. they reviewed the cameras and no one did anything physically. I know that several cars I've had have some key press combo on the remote that raises and lowers the windows. Havent had a change to experiment with mine. I wonder if it does also.,,, annnnnnnd a quick search just answered my question... have to check out if this works:

How about that - never heard of that feature before - learn something new everyday.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 07:50 PM   #6

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:

Just wondering, did you go back to the day you parked it to see if the windows were closed when you left on the video?
Old 01-24-2023, 12:38 AM   #7

Model: Chateau 22E
State: Michigan
THOR #28483
I have two thoughts: If that's available on something like a MH chassis, you'll have to be careful to not trigger it by wadding it into your pocket (I usually trigger the "panic" button when I jam the keys into my pocket....LOL)

But since MH chassis are basically work trucks and I'm skeptical that you have such a fancy option (heck, I don't even have power mirrors) - I would check for rodent-chewed wires that might have shorted out?
Old 01-24-2023, 05:22 AM   #8

THOR #20809
a few of us installed the remote start module, maybe built into that? I won't be able to get back to the rv until Sunday, will check then and report back if no one has.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:43 PM   #9

Model: Four Winds 22E
THOR #27561
You could pull the fuses that power the windows to make certain that it won't happen again, at least until you figure it out.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:45 PM   #10

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
I'm betting you did this.....

Old 01-28-2023, 07:52 PM   #11

Model: Four Winds 22E
THOR #27561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I'm betting you did this.....
I bet you are right! It looks like there will be a way to disable this feature using the "power windows" selection in the settings. I saw it briefly in the menu while the YouTuber was showing how to disable the audio feedback.
Old 01-28-2023, 08:12 PM   #12

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreCambrian View Post
I bet you are right! It looks like there will be a way to disable this feature using the "power windows" selection in the settings. I saw it briefly in the menu while the YouTuber was showing how to disable the audio feedback.

My wife has accidentally done that with some of our vehicles.... including one with a sun roof that also opens. Can be bad news if it rains!

It's meant to be a convenience feature so you can quickly open all windows on very hot days.
Old 01-28-2023, 11:39 PM   #13

Model: ACE
State: Arizona
THOR #15278
Quote:

Well who'd-a-thunk that?! Good and bad can come of it! Like someone else said, learn something new everyday!