Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-17-2022, 10:16 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
It's generated when one rear wheel travels a certain distance further than the other over a short period of time...as in a sharp turn at low speeds...as I stated earlier when making a sharp turn around at pumps or exiting a tight camp spot, etc. It's just a notification...the "service" message is an incorrect recommendation probably programmed by an engineer with no windows in his/her way too small of an office.

Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 03:11 PM   #22

Model: 2022 Axis 24.1
State: Kansas
THOR #24565
I'm so glad to find this thread.

Yesterday in a horrendous Kansas side wind my SERVICE ADVANCE TRAC warning came on. Later Hill Start Assist is Not Available came on.
Seems the 2022 E-350 has this issue.

Stopping and restarting engine cleared it. Thanks for all who have posted.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:13 PM   #23

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
In a heavy crosswind I can understand why it is triggered and is probably only a rare thing.

Mine goes off crosswind or not, but not too frequently, about once every fill up.

David
Old 12-01-2022, 04:24 PM   #24

Model: 2021 Chateau 28A
State: North Carolina
THOR #23131
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
In a heavy crosswind I can understand why it is triggered and is probably only a rare thing.

Mine goes off crosswind or not, but not too frequently, about once every fill up.

David
Mine never goes off unless there is a strong wind, not necessarily a cross wind.

As for it being a "rare" thing, it's anything but rare on a windy day. I've had it trip multiple times in less then 1 hour of driving on more then 1 occasion.

Very frustrating as I hate being on the highway without cruise.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:05 PM   #25

State: Minnesota
THOR #20429
Poor Ford Chassis Support

We have sold our Thor Four Winds RV. One of the main reasons was the poor Ford dealer support here in Tucson, doing recalls, and the general quirkiness of the platform.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:10 PM   #26

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
I'm so glad to find this thread.

Yesterday in a horrendous Kansas side wind my SERVICE ADVANCE TRAC warning came on. Later Hill Start Assist is Not Available came on.
Seems the 2022 E-350 has this issue.

Stopping and restarting engine cleared it. Thanks for all who have posted.

The "Hill Start Assist" probably came on at a red light. While holding the foot brakes, if you touch the throttle a bit as if trying to start off without moving your foot off the brake pedal, this light will come on. That feature is designed to hold you on a hill for a few seconds without having your foot on the pedal. Next time you're in this situation..try it...While sitting still, press firmly on the brake pedal and then move your foot from it. It will continue to hold you there for a few seconds. I also have that feature on my 2011 GMC...didn't know it was there for 8 years. Lots of vehicles have it...no one reads owner's manuals anymore. Pretty amazing how many features we have and never know it.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 06:09 PM   #27

THOR #24565
Lots of systems. When we added freestanding Daytime Driving Lights I wired them to go off when the parking brake is on. This is a straight forward install.
Until....we tried to extend the slide. The slide is connected to the parking brake ground wire and the DRL was connected there. It was a Simple fix and all is fine, just that not knowing what system is interconnected is a learning curve.
Old 04-03-2023, 10:58 PM   #28

Model: Freedom Elite 22FE
State: Texas
THOR #28149
While driving our 2021 Ford E-350 22FE in a stiff crosswind today I got the aforementioned Service Traction Control message and the cruise stopped working. Stopping and restarting cleared the message. I called one Ford location and was told, "you'll need to leave it for about 3 weeks." I called the other Ford location and they said they are not accepting RVs. It seems parts and labor shortages has a lot of dealerships in a bind. I read in a service post that's it's safe to continue to drive, but reading this thread gave me the confidence I needed.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences!
Old 04-04-2023, 03:01 PM   #29

THOR #24565
We were in Bombay Beach, California last week and made a slow speed turn on a very uneven road in a strong wind. Dash lit up with Service Advance Track, then the hill start warning. We were going 12-15 mph.

Again, thank you all for posting about this. Knowledge is good.