Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2021, 11:02 AM   #21
CHS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by makitso View Post
Yes, it's listed in the MSRP under standard equipment.
What is the exact wording.
Mine had a window sticker that said I get 6 months free but I also had to buy the tuner to make it work. Called thor and gave them my VIN number and they said it did not come with it, only the free subscription.

My and your biggest issue (if you need to install the tuner is that you will also have to munt the antenna. I tried on various places on the hood but kept getting
Dead spots due to the large class c overhead. I ended up fishing it up in through the overhead fan and glued it on top of the fan housing cover.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:05 AM   #22
CHS

THOR #22388
Quote:
���� My dealer, lazydays in Tucson, is totally incompetent. It's taken me 6 months to resolve two other warranty issues. I picked up my 2021 rv from them this week after they replaced a broken AC unit. However, they left black footprints on the roof. They tried three times to clean it and gave up. Honestly, these guys are key stone cops. It's a two hour round trip to the dealer so ......
We bought and used lazydays in knoxville tennessee. Yes, they also have their issues, but I still like how they treat me and I try to go in with the attitude that none are perfect and if they stand behind their mistakes and make up for it. (They do) I'm usually ok. Also I like that they have nationwide tech help. I called them after my water heater stopped heating on gas and they helped me out.
That said, It could be worse than just footprints on your roof, you could have bought from Camping World, then you'd really be screwed.

As for the footprints, once on very hard to get off. I personally would just leave them there. Try too hard and they/you may damage the roof.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:01 PM   #23

State: Minnesota
THOR #20429
Pulling out my hair on this SiriusXM problem. The radio does not have a FM in port so the only way to play SXM on it is via the AUX input. I have been trying to find the dang Commander Touch Tuner module. Pulled the console out and looked under the dash -- nothing. Took the passenger side panel off and nothing.

Please please, ANY HINT as to where this device should be?
Old 04-10-2021, 11:06 PM   #24
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Pulling out my hair on this SiriusXM problem. The radio does not have a FM in port so the only way to play SXM on it is via the AUX input. I have been trying to find the dang Commander Touch Tuner module. Pulled the console out and looked under the dash -- nothing. Took the passenger side panel off and nothing.

Please please, ANY HINT as to where this device should be?
Are you sure there is one installed?
Old 04-10-2021, 11:16 PM   #25
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
What is the exact wording.
Mine had a window sticker that said I get 6 months free but I also had to buy the tuner to make it work. Called thor and gave them my VIN number and they said it did not come with it, only the free subscription.

My and your biggest issue (if you need to install the tuner is that you will also have to munt the antenna. I tried on various places on the hood but kept getting
Dead spots due to the large class c overhead. I ended up fishing it up in through the overhead fan and glued it on top of the fan housing cover.
I will almost put money on the subscription coming from the chassis manufacturer and the original manufacturer’s installed radio. Funny this is a SiriusXM free subscription is usually tied to a specific radio or tuner ESN and that should be included with the vehicle paperwork. On mine I got the box flap and insert for the SXM module installed by Freightliner. All Jayco did was connect their radio and mount the antenna on the roof.
Old 04-11-2021, 12:07 AM   #26

THOR #20429
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Are you sure there is one installed?
I bought a subscription. The SiriusXm display shows the signal strength and I can see my channels on the display. I just can't get sound. Called the RV radio mfg and they said the unit I have is not SiriusXM ready. So, my only option is to run a AUX link, between the controller and plug it into the AUX port on the radio. I just can't find the controller.
Old 04-11-2021, 12:29 PM   #27
CHS

THOR #22388
Quote:
I bought a subscription. The SiriusXm display shows the signal strength and I can see my channels on the display. I just can't get sound. Called the RV radio mfg and they said the unit I have is not SiriusXM ready. So, my only option is to run a AUX link, between the controller and plug it into the AUX port on the radio. I just can't find the controller.
Ok this may be a stupid question but did you select the speaker option on the main screen? Like speaker A or B?? I'm assuming you have an Axxera radio as many Thor RV's do. It's on the bottom of one of the screens.

I found this video.
https://youtu.be/BqfpVNRDVCo
Old 04-11-2021, 01:42 PM   #28

THOR #20429
Nope, it's a Dual XDVD179BT radio
Old 04-11-2021, 06:03 PM   #29

THOR #20429
OK, got the SiriusXM radio to work. Pulled out the radio and spotted the Sirius FM connector. Previously tried channel 88.1, the default channel but got local station. Set the SiriusXM box to a non-used local channel and bingo.

Akim's razor
Old 04-21-2021, 12:15 PM   #30

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
How do I get the radio ID? I have a new Axis.

David
Old 04-21-2021, 12:18 PM   #31

THOR #20429
Don't have the unit in front of me but I believe if you use your finger and scroll down the display, three pages, you will see it.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:00 PM   #32

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
The beauty of using SiriusXM as a Phone App is that you can:

1) use it on any Bluetooth radio or speaker system
2) for many channels you can use the pause button, then resume where you left off. Even go back several hours to hear previous programming

We have SiriusXM in our car.
So when we travel in the RV, we use the Phone App.
We have ATT unlimited data but rarely go over 4gb/mo
Old 04-21-2021, 03:44 PM   #33

THOR #20429
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
Agreed. However, with the app your using your cell phone data plan as you mentioned. Going to be traveling two months, and eat up our 10GB ceiling.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:03 PM   #34
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Agreed. However, with the app your using your cell phone data plan as you mentioned. Going to be traveling two months, and eat up our 10GB ceiling.
Also , and I haven’t checked lately, not all channels are available when streaming SiriusXM.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:24 AM   #35

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
THOR #13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post

1) use it on any Bluetooth radio or speaker system
2) for many channels you can use the pause button, then resume where you left off. Even go back several hours to hear previous programming

We have SiriusXM in our car.
So when we travel in the RV, we use the Phone App.
We have ATT unlimited data but rarely go over 4gb/mo
I have found, that the phone app for Sirius XM radio is not the same live broadcasting, if that matters to you or not (I listen to some specific broadcasts).
What they do is: podcast their shows, and that doesn't correlate with actual broadcast timing of maybe something specific you look forward to. Plus, if you are like me and am a night owl, the podcasting seems to only last 45 minutes to an hour after 11 pm, before you know it you need to fiddle the phone app and restart.
aarrgh!
Old 04-26-2021, 05:09 PM   #36

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
turn to channel 0 and call them with this code. Also special is $4.95 a month i think
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:26 PM   #37

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
life storage CALL 24 HOURS
(877) 756-6829
Search City or Zip
Search
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote