Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2020, 04:43 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Minnesota
THOR #20429
SirisXM

New 2021Thor Four Winds. Unit has a SirisXM unit under the radio. Typically, SirusXM has some music on channel one but I can't seem to get the radio to broadcast the sound.
My question is, is the SirusXM unit completely installed, antenna, radio connector, etc?

Old 09-28-2020, 05:48 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
I just looked at the THOR spec sheets and the following 2021 Thor Four Wind Units have SirusXM installed: 31B, 31E and 31W. So if you have one of those units listed, you have the system completely installed. You will need to activate an account with SirusXM on that radio. You will need the radio id number when you call SirusXM. If you already have an account you can either add the new radio or transfer from an old radio to the new radio. I believe you can get the radio id number when switched to channe1 on the radio. They will walk you through the process.

Paul
Old 09-28-2020, 09:25 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
State: Florida
THOR #14543
Exclamation

My 2019 30FE came with a "Sirius-XM READY" radio. Meaning that if I want to subscribe, I first need to buy and install a tuner and antenna to the radio. Amazon carries the kit. I haven't bought it yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-09-28.png
Views:	97
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	26373  
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:47 PM   #4

Model: Palazzo 37.4
State: North Carolina
THOR #16500
I called Sirius and told them I would activate a subscription if they sent me a kit. They sent me a kit a no additional charge.
Good Sam Club
valkosr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:59 AM   #5

THOR #20429
Yes, I have a 31WV so am glad to hear I have to nothing except get a subscription
Old 04-09-2021, 01:29 AM   #6

THOR #20429
Unhappy SiriusXM Ready

It's been awhile but I'm finally signs up for a SiriusXM account for my new RV.

Then problem is that I get no sound from the SiriusXM box to the XDVD179BT radio.

Called the radio support number and they advise that the radio is not SiriusXM ready, it has no audio in for the SiriusXm sound. The only way to use it would be to run a AUX cable from the Commander module to the AUX input connection on the front of the Display module -- the radio like box in the dash. However, In have no idea where Thor installed the Commander module, behind the dash, under a seat, or wherever.

Anyone know where this module is installed?
Old 04-09-2021, 01:41 AM   #7

Model: Four Winds 31WV
State: West Virginia
THOR #20945
2021 31WV Sirius Ready

2021 Four Winds 31WV. Called Sirius with radio ID and had it added to our account. Sirius became active within a few minutes.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:38 AM   #8

THOR #20429
The problem mis not activating the Sirius, I have done this. The problem is getting the sound from the Sirus to the RV radio.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:13 AM   #9
MLP

THOR #17478
I thought about doing the same thing, but decided to purchase a blue tooth speaker and use the Serious Radio App. The speaker has a lot of power, sounds terrific, and the battery last for many hours. If you have Serious Radio in a car or truck, the app play is free. It has been working well. This does not help you, but may help others that are thinking about doing the same thing.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:14 AM   #10

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
You have subscribe to Sirius for it to work? Hmm, I have had my RV for a year and never subscribed , It has had all channels working since day 1.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:21 AM   #11
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
You can also use the App and bluetooth it through the rv radio. I do this with my 28Z and Jeep.
If you already have a subscription on another radio you can play it on all devices (as long as you have the higher price plan) not the mostly music.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:48 PM   #12

THOR #20429
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP View Post
If you have Serious Radio in a car or truck, the app play is free. It has been working well. This does not help you, but may help others that are thinking about doing the same thing.
The radio CSR suggested using the app and link it to the radio via the BT option. I did installments app but thought I needed to link it with the SiriusXM box?
Old 04-09-2021, 01:03 PM   #13
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by makitso View Post
The radio CSR suggested using the app and link it to the radio via the BT option. I did installments app but thought I needed to link it with the SiriusXM box?
Link the phone to the radio via bluetooth and then play Sirius XM using the phone app with sound going through the radio. If you have limited data this Weill eat it up.

Was Sirius XM listed as a spec for the RV?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:09 PM   #14

THOR #20429
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Yes, it's listed in the MSRP under standard equipment.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:52 PM   #15
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Yes, it's listed in the MSRP under standard equipment.
If that's the case file a warranty claim to have it diagnosed and fixed by the dealer or Thor under warranty.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:01 PM   #16

THOR #20429
Quote:
If that's the case file a warranty claim to have it diagnosed and fixed by the dealer or Thor under warranty.
���� My dealer, lazydays in Tucson, is totally incompetent. It's taken me 6 months to resolve two other warranty issues. I picked up my 2021 rv from them this week after they replaced a broken AC unit. However, they left black footprints on the roof. They tried three times to clean it and gave up. Honestly, these guys are key stone cops. It's a two hour round trip to the dealer so ......
Old 04-09-2021, 02:57 PM   #17

Model: Windsport 27K
State: North Carolina
THOR #11007
Quote:
Link the phone to the radio via bluetooth and then play Sirius XM using the phone app with sound going through the radio. If you have limited data this Weill eat it up.

I occasionally use the Sirius app and Bluetooth to the Axxerra as well. Used it for a total of around 10 hours over Easter weekend . Data usage (Verizon) was 263mb. There is a setting in the app to adjust the sound quality - I'm set to "Normal". I would assume higher quality settings will consume higher bandwidth. No need to do that in a noisy cab
Old 04-09-2021, 03:46 PM   #18
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
���� My dealer, lazydays in Tucson, is totally incompetent. It's taken me 6 months to resolve two other warranty issues. I picked up my 2021 rv from them this week after they replaced a broken AC unit. However, they left black footprints on the roof. They tried three times to clean it and gave up. Honestly, these guys are key stone cops. It's a two hour round trip to the dealer so ......
Unfortunately the selection of the dealer is all on you. Good luck getting issue resolved.

You might call Thor and ask for assistance in finding another service center willing to work on something they didn’t sell.

Btw, did the SiriusXM subscription screen come up during the PDI radio check?
Old 04-09-2021, 04:55 PM   #19
MLP

THOR #17478
Quote:
My radio isn't the best and the speakers well I doubt Thor spent more than 10 cents each purchased in bulk. I use the OEM radio for the cameras, but nothing else. The cheapest option was a great bluetooth speaker and my phone. Less than $100.00 on sale.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:01 PM   #20
MLP

THOR #17478
Quote:
I replaced an AC unit on my now gone fifth wheel. One week to get the AC unit and two hours to change it out. That includes ladder and tool clean up. Dealers have their people for prepping RV's first, repair & service last. Only one I had good luck with and they did responded well even with Covid-19.